1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Compiled List of Bugs & Issues for 1.30.1+

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Aug 30, 2018.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Setting the array size to the max 32768 will crash the game on load. I don't know about other values.

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pressing * on the numkeys in Arithmetic doesn't bring the multiplier sign up but the other keys (/, - and +) work. Well, you can use numkey 4 for it.

3. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you hide units with occlusion it will still affect vision.

4. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    By Trigger added ability magic guard ('Adts') ignores: "check requirement = false" (set in object Editor). In the command Card the ability looks enabled but near invisible Units are not detected.

In the demo map there is a footman and a Tower. The Tower has the ability added in object Editor the footman gets it by trigger.

Attached Files:

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's an issue with neutral hostile polymorph in that after the player owned unit comes back from polymporph but not being in the attack/acquisition range of the caster, it will go to attack the caster and so will the friendly units nearby they recently recovered unit.

6. Pyro

Pyro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I also encountered this bug - For now you can bypass it by inserting an Integer Variable set to zero. (lmao)

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reiterating hide ability to false more times when using a loop will actually make it show.

Removing an ability, on cast, (in my case, a 0 cooldown Berserk) while the unit is attacking will disable any other possible actions for that unit except for the stop order.

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To(day/night)'s question is:
    Why can the editor see Chinese characters but the game can't?

9. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    this Lua Code creates 4 clickable Buttons, But the onClickTrigger's TriggerAction does not run when the buttons are pressed.
    If one removes the DestroyForce line the TriggerAction executes as soon a button is clicked.
    The TriggerActions also work when the block doing the force stuff is moved below TriggerAddAction.

Code (Lua):

TimerStart(CreateTimer(),0, false, function()
        local forceA = CreateForce()
        ForceEnumPlayers(forceA, nil)
        ForForce(forceA, function()
        end)
        DestroyForce(forceA)

local buttonSize = 0.02
        local box = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0)
        local onClickTrigger = CreateTrigger()
        for index = 1, 4, 1 do
            local button = BlzCreateFrameByType("BUTTON", "MYBUtO",box,"",0)
            local icon = BlzCreateFrameByType("BACKDROP", "MYBUtO",box,"",0)

BlzTriggerRegisterFrameEvent(onClickTrigger, button, FRAMEEVENT_CONTROL_CLICK)
            BlzFrameSetSize(button, buttonSize, buttonSize)
            BlzFrameSetTexture(icon, "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNHeroPaladin", 0, false)
            BlzFrameSetAllPoints(icon, button)
            BlzFrameSetAbsPoint(button, FRAMEPOINT_TOPLEFT, 0.2 +0.025*index, 0.5)
        end

TriggerAddAction(onClickTrigger,  function()
            print("OnClick")
        end)

print("Done")

end)

10. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Moon Well's Replenish ability has hardcoded SFX that can't be changed or removed.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  11. Eye

Eye

Resources:
    Resources:
    The World Editor removes the whole "Temp" folder on Windows 7 with launch and on exit. It recreates the folder when testing the map, although sometimes, when map was not saved before pressing the test button, it does not, thus throwing an error window.
    After some time working on any map, editor starts to close each time map terrain gets selected, without any errors. Newly created maps, or maps from older patches, don't suffer until saving, and reopening of the editor. This appears to affect only 64-bit version of the editor.
    "Open Document" and "Tool Palette" windows always have the default size, position and state.

12. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Anybody else also experience this or is it a recurring issue? I have broken text and highlighting not aligning with text in the latest version, 1920x1080 resolution.
    WC3ScrnShot_092119_202850_03.png WC3ScrnShot_092119_202736_02.png

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.31.1 has serious memory stack issues. Maps that used to load (via load game) properly on previous versions now either take huge amounts of time before they start loading or don't at all the game freezing/not responding anymore.
    Same happens when trying to exit/quit the game.

I mean, literally almost every custom map out there takes huge amounts of time to exit and I resort to shutting the game down forcefully each time.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  14. Wrda

Wrda

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Not to mention that a friend I know also tried to load game (in battlenet) after saving it also online, it only works if you are in the first slot (player red in most cases), others just crash.

15. lord sebas

lord sebas

Resources:
    Resources:
    So i dont really know where to post this but here: My map (Azeroth Wars) desynced almost every game at random time without reason. After a lot of replay watching, i noticed flamestrike based spells had a role to play in them, so i removed them all from my map and for over 10 games, not a single desync.

just sharing the word if other map makers are having some kind of issue! Might also help to uncover the reason why flamestrike is causing desyncs.

16. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How big was the aoe on the flamestrike?

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For some reason the x86 version works much, much better.

18. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just realized that the string for the shaman's name in this transmission (Frozen Throne credits) is null.
    upload_2019-9-30_22-2-35.png

19. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    calling BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_unit,true) then later calling BlzPauseUnitEx(udg_unit,false) doesn't unpause the unit. Buttons are clickable but the unit is practically still paused

20. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This new patch is fucking garbage jesus.
    The world editor has never been this unstable and laggy.
    In general i have -20 FPS with the new editor.
    I have to use autosave with 20 minutes apart or i risk losing large parts of work.
    Especially when changing height of the terrain.
    Copypaste terrain is like 2/3 chance of causing crash.
    Smoothing tool crashes every now and then and is also a huge risk.
    Destructables don't get removed when raising platform height and i'll suddenly have trees hidden underground on terrain where they can't even be placed.
    Trigger editor also cause crashes every now and then.
    Any change i make in the trigger editor is super slow and laggy, probably because of the IDs.

Also if anyone knows where WorldEditTestMap is located do help me out.