1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Ivorywinter

Ivorywinter

Resources:
    Resources:
    EVENT_PLAYER_MOUSE_MOVE currently triggers several times simultaneously (although correctly) only a few instances each second instead of intuitively firing 32 times a second.

2. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Not so sure if that was changed recently or it was allways buggy that way:
    Abilty tooltips which are empty loadup Tooltips of previous levels which are not empty. But for some reasons, if the ability has on default a tooltip on that level and one removes the tooltip it does not load tooltips of previous levels.

The test map contains a holy light spell and a stormhammer spell which are added to 6 generated paladins with level 1 to level 6.

Edit: for Stormhammer all tooltips get proably loaded from tooltip level 1.
    Holy light Level 2 does not loadup Level 1, although its empty. Level 3 has a written tooltip. Level 4 to 6 loapup level 3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  3. dhguardianes

dhguardianes

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    sometimes BlzSetItemExtendedTooltip can't add more than 128 char string it will freeze the game. :(

4. Spatulon

Spatulon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's on the bug list at #45. Hopefully they fix it for 1.29.3, because it wasn't broken in 1.29.0 or 1.29.1 so all the maps that made use of the new tooltip natives 100% crash now.

Edit: It also causes crashes if you use it too many times with different strings on different item types. Even if the strings are all under 120 characters. It works a few times, then crashes.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  5. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Even though Blizzard stated that they fixed the text tag offset in widescreen, it's still not exactly aligned like in older versions.

By the way:
    - 1.27b was running at 1280 x 960 (4:3). Running it at 1920 x 1080 (stretched widescreen) doesn't displace text-tags or anything else.
    - 1.29.2 was running at 1920 x 1080 (16:9). However, I believe Blizzard's intention is to preserve the original game proportions.
    Untitled-5.png

If you run 1.29.2 at 1280 x 960 (4:3), the text-tag is placed the same way as in older versions.
    Untitled-2.png

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  6. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I tested out this event and it seems to not work in my Warcraft 3 copy.

Code (vJASS):

EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_HIDDEN

I was trying to detect when a unit was hidden so that I can mark it as a builder, but the problem above exists.

7. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How do you display an icon in text tag :O

8. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    Given that the icon didn't move along with the text, it's probably some hackery with a billboarded special effect or unit model.

9. doom_sheep

doom_sheep

Resources:
    Resources:
    illusions created from heroes with names modified by "set hero proper name" do not use the new name. giving the illusions themselves names doesn't work, either.

this is pretty terrible.

10. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    As Kaijyuu said, it's a billboarded special effect. hehehe

11. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I tested the new natives for specialeffects: set yaw, pitch and roll (using GUI, but the result should be the same in jass). Well I am no expert for that 3d angle subject, therefore I could say something beeing wrong, but wana share my test here.
    This images are for understanding what yaw roll pitch are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From that 2 images one would expect:
    • yaw: is what we know as "facing" for units
    • roll: kinda left right fliping like in movies with planes.
    • pitch: rising / falling or looking down/up
    But in Warcraft 3, yaw and roll are switched.

Also setPitch behaves different than set oriantion in regards of pitch.
    • Setpitch: the effect flips (forward and backwards), if pitch jumps over ~1.6 / ~4.8
    • SetOrientation: has no such behaviour the model is just circling.
    A test map is provided in which one can increase yaw, roll & pitch; by holding right, left / down arrow key.
    The used test effect model is admiral proudmoor.
    Inside the test map yaw, roll & pitch are reduced to 0, if they exceed 2 PI.

Edit 11.05.2018: Uploaded 2 images showing that flipping with pitch at ~1.6 and corretected ~5 -> ~4.8

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  12. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Something strange happened when I was playing DotA 6.83d on patch 1.29. The map proved to be OK on earlier version of wc3(1.26/1.24e). So it may be a bug of patch 1.29?

When I equip Earth Spirit with Aghanim Scepter, the expected aghnim skill "Petrify" turn out to be buggy. (shown in pic. 1)

Same to Treant Protector. (shown in pic. 2)

The map is official version by Icefrog and can be downloaded from here: www.getdota.com

It seems like the buggy skills are ones simply not mentioned in XXabilities.txt, but actually they are. And a usual missing-tool-tip skill functions properly, but those not!

Then I added a skill cast capturer (copied from PBMN ai map) to see what exactly happened.

Code (Text):
    function AWH takes nothing returns nothing
    call DisplayTextToPlayer(V8,0,0,"SC "+GetUnitName(GetTriggerUnit())+" Cast "+I2S(GetSpellAbilityId())+"("+XW7(GetSpellAbilityId())+")"+" on "+GetUnitName(GetSpellTargetUnit())+" at ("+I2S(R2I(GetSpellTargetX()))+","+I2S(R2I(GetSpellTargetY()))+")")
    endfunction
    As shown in pic.3, (taking Treant Protector as an example), the SpellAbility id of the buggy skill is 852182, which is an order id. (Yes, 852182 is the order id of "Tree eye"-'A01V', but it should be 'A01V')

Functions dealt with hero's scepters are very simple. As for Earth Spirit and Treant Protector simply execute an function to add a skill to the hero.

Code (Text):
    function IA1 takes unit SFI,integer IB1 returns nothing
    call UnitAddAbility(SFI,IB1)
    call UnitMakeAbilityPermanent(SFI,true,IB1)
    endfunction
    function XBO takes nothing returns nothing
    call IA1(GK,'A01V')
    endfunction
    elseif GetItemTypeId(BA1)==FR0[L70]and GetUnitTypeId(SFI)=='Hamg' then
    set GK=SFI
    call ExecuteFunc("XBO")
    Like what is shown in pic. 4, some other heroes who have similar scepter functions don't bug, such as Goblin Shredder.
    I wondered if it is the base skill matter? So I replaced the buggy aghanim skill with other skill with same order string ("Petrify"-'A2S9' with "Electronic vortex"- 'A14R') , and it was still the same. (BTW, 'A14R' works well on Storm spirit)

When the bug appears, it is impossible to learn a new skill or upgrade a skill. And sometimes it will make other normal skill buggy.

Attached Files:

13. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unable to select doodads/units/terrain in the World Editor. Cannot drag a box to select anything.

14. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    must be yet another issue with optimized maps and SLK? Drop the AbilityData content related to the skills to see

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's an issue with health and mana bars:
    HealthbarIssue01.jpg HealthbarIssue02.jpg ManabarIssue01.jpg ManabarIssue02.jpg
    Happens when the UI gets over them in some points.

16. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    one of the V1.29 patches seemes to have broken localized wts-Files in a map. Previously one could add multiple wts files to a map by naming them war3map#<lcid>.wts (lcid in hex) for example war3map#407.wts (german) and war3map.wts (default).
    Edit: This lcid number one would not have to use, proper mpq editors were doing that in the background when using it's set Locale feature.
    It was working pre 1.29, As tested in that thread which was on date 4. febuary 2018 probably version 1.28.6 the last 1.28 version.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  17. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Custom games do not work properly. I'm attaching a RoC game where one player took team 1 and the other team 4. Also 2 observers were watching.

The result was -> loading screen didn't show one of the teams and also the spawning place was the same for both.

I'm attaching the map too (which was created pre 1.29).

Also, game lobby chat cursor is still bugged (like when you change your team).

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  18. ZiBitheWand3r3r

ZiBitheWand3r3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    call BlzSetSpecialEffectTime(bj_lastCreatedEffect, 5.00)

doesn't work for me, is it supposed to play special effect for 5 seconds?

19. BloodSoul

BloodSoul

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Not exactly, that function is for skipping some frames from a special effect. It's useful for effects like Wisp Explode, which has a small delay prior to showing that blast effect.

The function that sort of fits what you're looking for is this:
    BlzSetSpecialEffectTimeScale(bj_lastCreatedEffect, 1.00) // 100% - It modifies how fast a SFX is played

20. Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

Resources:
    Resources:
    The GUI version of Set Base Damage has a bug: it lets you select index 0 or 1, but the attack indexes are 1 and 2. So it's impossible to modify index 2 with GUI. The dice functions are similarly bugged, but notably the attack speed one is not; it will let you select either indexes 1 and 2. Obviously this does not affect the JASS natives.

(though of course, one could argue that the REAL bug is that weapon indexes start counting from 1 and not 0, mumble grumble)