• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Blades of Talitrim Series

The Blades of Talitrim

The Blades of Talitrim is a custom campaign project I started doing after being inspired by Shar Dundred's awesome Legends of Arkain works, SevenBlood's Revamp maps along with things and I thought of similar idea while combing it with my Reforging/Thrones of Chaos project idea to create my own original story

Here is the second level of it and I appreciate all feedback, good or bad as I want honest opinions on it as I worked hard on this map so I want to know what could be improved on, though heads the AI on this map can be difficult at times so make sure you got a good base defense set up

I hope you all have fun and I am excited for this campaign as I want to make something fun and enjoyable for everyone & I hope to fulfil that, so hopefully you all will enjoy it as I work on it :)

If you have ideas or want to be in the Discord feel free to speak to me

Hope you all have fun and remember I appreciate all feedback

Peace :)

Edit: Now a Campaign file

Edit: Renamed first map and fixed an issue that would allow second map to open

Do Not Edit Without My Permission
Previews
Contents

The Blades of Talitrim (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
A nice story driven campaign (currently two chapters without obvious relation) very similar in scope (story, gameplay etc.) to Warcraft III and The Legends of Arkain. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review...
Level 4
So I played trhough you map and it has a lot of potential, but there is a few thing I would like to discuss about.
The two sisters at the beginning. There is few lore but they seem to belong to nobility. So why the heck are they talking like modern girl.
Then the AI of the Stormanchor bug sometime. When I was in the last base they were trying to reach the other side without crossing the river.
I would love to see the number of supplies raised from 100 to 150 cause we have so much units to use and not enought space for all.
I know it’s a early map but more context on what is going what are we doing here, how this battle is important would help.
Maybe more unique ability among the heroes. And I find it weird to have two heroes have the separate combo of the Panda.

Else that was a very pleasant map to try ! Thanks for it.

So I played trhough you map and it has a lot of potential, but there is a few thing I would like to discuss about.
The two sisters at the beginning. There is few lore but they seem to belong to nobility. So why the heck are they talking like modern girl.
Then the AI of the Stormanchor bug sometime. When I was in the last base they were trying to reach the other side without crossing the river.
I would love to see the number of supplies raised from 100 to 150 cause we have so much units to use and not enought space for all.
I know it’s a early map but more context on what is going what are we doing here, how this battle is important would help.
Maybe more unique ability among the heroes. And I find it weird to have two heroes have the separate combo of the Panda.

Else that was a very pleasant map to try ! Thanks for it.
Yeah I admit the dialogue for the sisters was too modern and I do plan to rewrite it

Odd I play tested the hell out of it and never ran into that bug with that AI, but ran into a similar situation with the Demons where they tried to run through trees to get you

That is a idea that is on my mind as more ideas for units and all that has come to me as this is going to be like SC2 Protoss Campaign where you sekect which version of that unit you want to use on the mission and them available all at once here was to get people to try out different versions at least once, also there will be eventually more than 4 choices of certain units later on

I do plan to come back to this plan at a later point to update it to point out certain things and make more abilities

I am glad you enjoyed it as I worked really hard on this map :)

Level 4
Ah we got to chose which one we pick ! To bad I won’t be able to spam Knights under bloodlust + inner fire and wave of heal

I can see the similarity between Azeroth and this world, expecting what will happend next.
Models used are fantastic, though Blood Legion buildings seem not to work properly in my game? and for human models, two heros have same cape and pauldrons, if it is not the different TC, sometimes I can hardly tell who's who. BTW, Kalos really reminds me of Alistair in Dragon Age.

I can see the similarity between Azeroth and this world, expecting what will happend next.
Models used are fantastic, though Blood Legion buildings seem not to work properly in my game? and for human models, two heros have same cape and pauldrons, if it is not the different TC, sometimes I can hardly tell who's who. BTW, Kalos really reminds me of Alistair in Dragon Age.
Thanks though I was more inspired by Shar Dundred's Legends of the Arkain work

How so they aren't working?

Well they are from the same kingdom

Never thought of that, but he does lol

I am going to give this a try soon. Thank you!
You said this is the second level? Meaning second map of the campaign? Where can I download the first level? Will check that out too
This is going to be a campaign

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Hello! Please merge level 2 from here: Hunt on the Snow with this bundle. You can simply add the other parts of your campaign in the same bundle instead of creating a different one for each. As for the description of each level, you can create clickable tabs using the hidden tool.

Hello! Please merge level 2 from here: Hunt on the Snow with this bundle. You can simply add the other parts of your campaign in the same bundle instead of creating a different one for each. As for the description of each level, you can create clickable tabs using the hidden tool.
I know and I got things planned

After level 4 is done than I am put it all together

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Well, I tried to load it as a campaign file, but it appears it needs to have more than one map, hence why this reload, and I am going to revamp second map so I don't regret deleting the previous maps
It's not about regretting, it's breaking the rules deleting and reuploading. Plus, you could have had some patience for a mod to fix that issue you mentioned. The file you uploaded is still a map file not a campaign file.

It's not about regretting, it's breaking the rules deleting and reuploading. Plus, you could have had some patience for a mod to fix that issue you mentioned. The file you uploaded is still a map file not a campaign file.
It wasn't my intention as I did not know, but it is done now sorry

And once second map's revamp is done I am going to replace the map here with a campaign file

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Don’t know how to help you as I did not run into this problem at all when testing it out
you run it through custom games instead of campaign correct? are you running it on PTR? i re-downloaded the file and it hasn't changed at all. after booting it up 5 times on PTR and Live, nothing has changed. when i pull the file up in editor there is a giant text wall of all of the assets that couldn't be loaded

Attachments

• Screenshot (116).png
    Screenshot (116).png
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot (117).png
    Screenshot (117).png
    404.3 KB · Views: 46
Level 4
you run it through custom games instead of campaign correct? are you running it on PTR? i re-downloaded the file and it hasn't changed at all. after booting it up 5 times on PTR and Live, nothing has changed. when i pull the file up in editor there is a giant text wall of all of the assets that couldn't be loaded
@deepstrasz do you have any insight or advice as to why the character models and icons wouldn't be present in the unit editor?

Level 4
Because it isn’t a campaign file, got to have it in maps file and play it as a custom game
So at this point I have reinstalled WC3 and its still doing the same thing. my guess is that the download file needs to be updated. idk. sorry. it looks amazing. but seeing as more than half of your custom assets don't load in, it is unplayable. I'd really like to know if anyone else can download and run the file at present and if they have a different result. out of curiosity i replaced the main hero's model and icon with a vanilla model and icon and he was visible after that.

So at this point I have reinstalled WC3 and its still doing the same thing. my guess is that the download file needs to be updated. idk. sorry. it looks amazing. but seeing as more than half of your custom assets don't load in, it is unplayable. I'd really like to know if anyone else can download and run the file at present and if they have a different result. out of curiosity i replaced the main hero's model and icon with a vanilla model and icon and he was visible after that.
I asked a friend to take a look to see if they have same problem

Here’s a vid on what you kissing on

And it looks it is the assets and models not the map itself

Level 4
The cutscenes are not playing and the screen goes black. when recruiting the second hero, the cutscene doesn't play but it goes back to normal after pressing "esc". after clearing the shrine for the side-quest, the cutscene doesn't play, and it breaks the game. this also happens to all of the other cutscenes that I come across. I was also curious about the early game. Are there supposed to be waves of attacking enemies? everything feels like it plays out really slow, like there is no need to defend or push out before you get all of the tech completely maxed out. I don't know if this is the intent, since the objectives are very well defended, maxing out generally seems required, if so, then that's fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot (118).png
    Screenshot (118).png
    816.6 KB · Views: 36
The cutscenes are not playing and the screen goes black. when recruiting the second hero, the cutscene doesn't play but it goes back to normal after pressing "esc". after clearing the shrine for the side-quest, the cutscene doesn't play, and it breaks the game. this also happens to all of the other cutscenes that I come across. I was also curious about the early game. Are there supposed to be waves of attacking enemies? everything feels like it plays out really slow, like there is no need to defend or push out before you get all of the tech completely maxed out. I don't know if this is the intent, since the objectives are very well defended, maxing out generally seems required, if so, then that's fine.
No it’s the skipping cutscene trigger is broken even after I addressed it so many times so I am going to remove it later today

Level 4
after playing a bit more. im positive that the AI's are broken. there is no resistance, no enemy armies being built, i followed the opening recommendation to not open the barrels until the battle starts, but the battle never started. the team AI's also did nothing aside from gathering minerals as well. the only things that ever responded normally were the neutral hostile camps.

after playing a bit more. im positive that the AI's are broken. there is no resistance, no enemy armies being built, i followed the opening recommendation to not open the barrels until the battle starts, but the battle never started. the team AI's also did nothing aside from gathering minerals as well. the only things that ever responded normally were the neutral hostile camps.
That is odd, will take a look to see what happened

Level 4
Now that things are working again, I want to give a better impression! This map was really fun! the addition of AI voices brought the dialogue to life and the objectives were decently difficult. I definitely look forward to the follow-up episodes, and I think the story can develop really nicely into a great campaign! The custom models are really well done and really flesh out the new factions!

Here are two playthroughs by SilentViper:

There are quite some issues and I will try to give my feedback in the future but this project looks very cool despite its current flaws :)
I am always going back to work on issues so I will eventually address them as there is always abound to be issues, will check out the videos when I got time :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A nice story driven campaign (currently two chapters without obvious relation) very similar in scope (story, gameplay etc.) to Warcraft III and The Legends of Arkain.
Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

A nice story driven campaign (currently two chapters without obvious relation) very similar in scope (story, gameplay etc.) to Warcraft III and The Legends of Arkain.
Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thanks! :)

Arkain was a big inspiration