• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Before the Thunder Series

Reactions: Kildevakt
-Before the Thunder-
The drums of war thunder once again... or at least, that is how it goes.

Return to Warcraft III before World of Warcraft

Reintroduce yourself to the world after Illidan's defeat at Northrend and after the Lich King assumes the throne. Find out about the world and what happens leading up to the main story in World of Warcraft (as imagined by me). Play through a series of maps between 8-10 players, each map with a custom map event!

I've made a website to 'launch' the maps - please visit beforethethunder.strikingly.com for more information!

Information

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits

Authors Notes

- Introducing the Before the Thunder series by me, Walter G.
- 2 new maps are available to play on: Ashenvale and Barrens
- These are 2 maps made in a series of maps I plan to release in the future.
- Each map includes a small map event that is not compulsory, but does grant small rewards.
- These maps have AI for each race except Void (which won't be selected by computer players anyway) if you want to test alone or allied with computers.
- More information at https://beforethethunder.mystrikingly.com/new-maps
None as of yet!
None as of yet!
Credits go to Tamplier for their RoC models and icons. Also thanks go to the people who have helped me figure out coding issues from here and thehelper.net. All other work was done by me, trial and error, and using Warcraft III assets.

I'm happy to finally introduce a project that I have been working on for a while, Before The Thunder. The project is a series of maps for Warcraft III that I have based off of the stories in Warcraft III and World of Warcraft, featuring races that all of us have been dying to play in the base game. I am going to be slowly creating and releasing maps that resemble those from a time right before the story in World of Warcraft, using Warcraft III assets and updated races that play in the way that I had always envisioned them to be played.

I have done my best to balance and make the AI work with all of the races, my sincere apologies if they do not work as intended, but I've done my best. I have worked on this project on my own until now, using only a handful of custom assets (credits in-game). I must add that the game was made to work with Warcraft III: Reforged, apologies if it is not compatible with the old version.

Please enjoy the maps as much as I enjoyed making them, and I hope to see you in Azeroth!
Previews
Contents

Before the Thunder - Ashenvale (Map)

Before the Thunder - Barrens (Map)

Reviews
Wazzz
Very expansive map with a lot of playable factions. Very often the factions to not necessarily add a whole lot of new gameplay elements, yet they add enough that, when mixed with the quantity, it does present something interesting. Main critiques...
Level 35
Very expansive map with a lot of playable factions. Very often the factions to not necessarily add a whole lot of new gameplay elements, yet they add enough that, when mixed with the quantity, it does present something interesting. Main critiques would be the maps are HUGE, which could also be seen as a positive thing. Definitely room for improvement in execution of ideas, but this is mostly mechanical and may be improved with further refinement. While the description is somewhat lacking, it is understandable since you provide a link to a website which gives a great deal of information.

Approved :)

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I have merged both of the bundles. They are practically the same game.