• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emoticon Contest #2 - Creeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people don't really use emoticons that much, not enough to make a real difference.

Oh okay, sorry to bother you then.

Sorry guys, but Debode says nobody uses emoticons. So this contest is now over.

There are no winners since apparently they are useless. Sorry for wasting your time.

:p

Level 10
I guess il join with some golems since tleno backed out...

heh: WIP1:
rockgolemevil.gif
WIP2:
rockgolemevil.gif

fail: Wip1:
sigowip1.gif
Wip2:
sigowip2.gif
Wip3:SiGoWIP3.gif

blush or mad: WIP1:
blushal.gif
WIP2:
blushwip2.gif
Forgot to shade this one...

Boho: WIP1: FleshGolemWIP1.gif Animation never actually finished before concluded contest

EDIT: oh jeeze... just looked trough the emoticons... i havent got a chance...

pretty inactive now...

Attachments

• blushWIP2.gif
    blushWIP2.gif
    39.1 KB · Views: 383
  • rockgolemevil.gif
    rockgolemevil.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Meh, i fear I'm really out now. I lack of ideas to animate my second one. And I see Mr. Goblins entry....
No time for this :(

What is this!

Mr.Goblin slaps M0rbid

How do you think you'll get better if you never give a try?! you might not win this competition, you might not win the next one.. but it's by doing your best everytime that you push your skills.. and it's this way you get better and better..

Give give me your best shot! BRING IT!
Yeah3.gif

Level 23
I was not about to quit because of you, but because of the time. I would love to compete with you in a challenge or competition like this....
But as you can see my tries were only rushed and have no chance to compete and since I do not have more time for a competition like this at the moment, I can't get better results out of it. So I'm out, seeing exams right in front of me :/

I was not about to quit because of you, but because of the time. I would love to compete with you in a challenge or competition like this....
But as you can see my tries were only rushed and have no chance to compete and since I do not have more time for a competition like this at the moment, I can't get better results out of it. So I'm out, seeing exams right in front of me :/

Okay D:

Good luck in your studies

Level 7
Well... I suppose I'll NOT make anymore emoticons. Just now I realize What'll happen if, let's say I win... I bet almost no one will use my. Everyone will just go and use the standard orcs. So... no need to frustrate myself with more work (yea, I'm a 14 year old kid, and it is in the middle of the summer, but still... gotta do this, gotta do that... NO FREE TIME!).

Well... I suppose I'll NOT make anymore emoticons. Just now I realize What'll happen if, let's say I win... I bet almost no one will use my. Everyone will just go and use the standard orcs. So... no need to frustrate myself with more work (yea, I'm a 14 year old kid, and it is in the middle of the summer, but still... gotta do this, gotta do that... NO FREE TIME!).

If your mentality going in this is that people will let your icons replace the normal ones in everyday speech then your doing this for the wrong reasons.

this contest does need a judge... 2 of them... look at judges and you will see it says "Tell us if you want to judge!" I did tell them, but I never got a yes or no.

Well the guy hosting the contest has been MIA for a short while (will return soon most likely) so that's one thing. Another being that you have to prove your qualified to judge the contest more so then just wanting to judge it - which contacting the host (who's mia atm) via something like VM or PM is best for.

Level 7
this contest does need a judge... 2 of them... look at judges and you will see it says "Tell us if you want to judge!" I did tell them, but I never got a yes or no.

The same as Wherewolftherewolf said above me, and as I see you do not have a single rep gem... Normally, it's all about the reputation the user has, but in this contest (emoticons), i don't see why it should be used here.

@Wherewolftherewolf:
I wasn't hoping for people to use my emoticons. I actually don't give a cr*p about that. I just find emoticons cool in both using and making. I said I was a little too overwhelmed by other tasks, MUCH and i mean, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT Tasks than this. So, hope you understood what I was / am saying / trying to say.
699374.gif

The same as Wherewolftherewolf said above me, and as I see you do not have a single rep gem... Normally, it's all about the reputation the user has, but in this contest (emoticons), i don't see why it should be used here.

I've seen people with minimum rep judge contests before - they still need to prove they know what they're talking about though.

Level 6
Well, prove it to us then, so if you do become a judge we can take you seriously.
Because, as of now, I don't think anyone takes you seriously as a judge.
It's nothing personal, you just are unknown.
Like all of us were/are at some point.

exactly. and I mean that if squidle is on vacation, no judges will be recruited, making them have only a couple days to rate and give descriptions on why it was giving the rating it was given. just start recruiting judges for it!!

Judges don't have a time limit. :0

Ive been asking to judge this, if you need one PM me whenever. thanks.
I haven't really been watching this thread. Have you made emotes before?

I wasn't hoping for people to use my emoticons. I actually don't give a cr*p about that. I just find emoticons cool in both using and making. I said I was a little too overwhelmed by other tasks, MUCH and i mean, MUCH MORE IMPORTANT Tasks than this. So, hope you understood what I was / am saying / trying to say.
699374.gif
You've already got more emotes than the minimum requirement (I think), so you might as well submit 'em :p

Well, I'm sorry for being unpopular :sad:
I just dunno how to make models, so I can't compete in the contests.

Yeah, modeling skill has nothing to do with making emotes :B

Level 7
@mattplaz
I wasn't popular when I came to THW. Well, I suppose I'm not even popular right now. You see? Even Pyritie wasn't popular when he came to The Hive. He slowly made a position in the staff of THW, and now is a Global Moderator. The same could happen to you one day.

Level 16
@mattplaz
I wasn't popular when I came to THW. Well, I suppose I'm not even popular right now. You see? Even Pyritie wasn't popular when he came to The Hive. He slowly made a position in the staff of THW, and now is a Global Moderator. The same could happen to you one day.
Seeing from his behavior? Not in at least two years.
Anyway, Hunalexnl, oh god. Those Voidwalkers are just AH-ZUM.

Level 16
Well, guys, I suppose I'll not be able to watch this contest and thread develop, got work to do. See y'all later. So, this is my final submission.
85625d1279199374-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-ice-revenant-icon.gif
85758d1279311205-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-doomguard-smiling.gif
85922d1279414465-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-l.gif
85724d1279281600-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-faceless-void.gif
85725d1279281600-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-wendigo.gif
85756d1279310731-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-skeleton-icooooooon.gif
85819d1279328696-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-overlord.gif
85824d1279330715-emoticon-contest-2-creeps-tuskarr.gif
Those are pretty, Jaret! :D Great to see improvements on Doom Guard and Overlord. Although Overlord can have a more spacious helmet.
Yeah, I know I won't, but that's because people are always mean to me and never answer my questions for days, which really makes me angry!!!!
Welcome to the Internet. Nobody is forced to be nice or answer your questions.

Besides, you've broke some Rules if I remember.

Level 7
Those are pretty, Jaret! :D Great to see improvements on Doom Guard and Overlord. Although Overlord can have a more spacious helmet.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Internet. Nobody is forced to be nice or answer your questions.

Besides, you've broke some Rules if I remember.

I don't think so. First, he just joined the community (07-13-2010), and secondly, he doesn't have any negative rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.