• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emoticon Contest #2 - Creeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I've been able to maximize the quality of my emoticons... Here they are.
(Once again, I've also updated my original post.)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• -,-.gif
    -,-.gif
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,071
  • -(.gif
    -(.gif
    68.6 KB · Views: 2,055
  • wtf.gif
    wtf.gif
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,065
  • love.gif
    love.gif
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,351
  • rip.gif
    rip.gif
    72.8 KB · Views: 2,053
  • zzZ.gif
    zzZ.gif
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,045
  • layers.png
    layers.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 887
Level 7
Hmm, I like that Skeleton. I just like it. But for Doom Guard...

well... I'm working on a new Doomguard. It has the detail of the rest of his team (That is my emoticons) :)

If I were you, I'd change the color of those 1 pixel 'columns' near its mouth on both sides to something very dark. It stands out too much, although it has no reason to be so light.

I'll see what I can do. ;)

here's a wip of the doomguard:
attachment.php

tell me what you think.
P.S. Kinda reminds me of Grom Hellscream.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.4 KB · Views: 365
Level 14
Now THAT'S a doomguard! Although, if it will smile or something, just delete those things in the bottom. Would make the face expression much more visible. ;)
And hunalexnl, those are really good.I especially like the first. :p

Level 7
Now THAT'S a doomguard! Although, if it will smile or something, just delete those things in the bottom. Would make the face expression much more visible. ;)
And hunalexnl, those are really good.I especially like the first. :p

I'll make it more visible, but the "horns and beard" I will not remove. It makes him so badass. ;)

Hmmm.... It seems as if most or all of these should be used on the hive permanently. I hate seeing stupid orcs all the time.

Yeah. I mean only 3 should get rep, but all of us should be able to use all of these icons.

Here's the Skeleton, better now:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Skeleton icOOOOOOOn.gif
    Skeleton icOOOOOOOn.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 2,940
Level 7
Well of course. There has to be a winner.

Yeah. BTW. here's the modificated redone Doomguard. Hope you like it:
attachment.php

Even if these emoticons arent added to the smiley pool, you can still use to attach them to your post ^^[/QUOTE]
well yeah. But it's much easier to find them in the icons.

Attachments

• Doomguard smiling.gif
    Doomguard smiling.gif
    26 KB · Views: 2,128
Level 9
Even if these emoticons arent added to the smiley pool, you can still use to attach them to your post ^^[/QUOTE]

That's not the same, actually... In my opinion, for an artist, it's the most awesome feeling to see their work in others' hands (or in this case - being used by others). By adding our emoticons to the list, a wider range of users would be able to add them to their posts, which would make - me, for example - really happy.

Level 7
That's not the same, actually... In my opinion, for an artist, it's the most awesome feeling to see their work in others' hands (or in this case - being used by others). By adding our emoticons to the list, a wider range of users would be able to add them to their posts, which would make - me, for example - really happy.

Yeah. BTW redone the Skeleton. any more suggestions? I'd love to do more, but those are the ones I remember. As stated before, my Warcraft was deleted, and there's no WE and no way for me to find some Units. Those are the ones I remember the best, how they look like. Suggestions please, because I forgot half of the creeps's names in War3. ^^

Level 9
Yeah. BTW redone the Skeleton. any more suggestions? I'd love to do more, but those are the ones I remember. As stated before, my Warcraft was deleted, and there's no WE and no way for me to find some Units. Those are the ones I remember the best, how they look like. Suggestions please, because I forgot half of the creeps's names in War3. ^^

Yup, skeleton looks a lot better now. Nice job. If you want, I can take screenshots of some creeps that you could need... Just tell me some names, or at least what they look like.

Yeah. BTW. here's the modificated redone Doomguard. Hope you like it:
attachment.php

Hm, i dont understand what he is doing.

hunahexl said:
Yeah, i know that. I modifed once some beat-smileys so that they show two different races and uploaded them i a forum, but they never got really popular ^^. Makes me sad when i think about it.

Level 7
Yup, skeleton looks a lot better now. Nice job. If you want, I can take screenshots of some creeps that you could need... Just tell me some names, or at least what they look like.

As I said before, I've forgotten the names of them... the most. I would like one tuskarr, overlord... and one you like :D Can I make one Voidwalker my style? I really love that unit. Always did.

Yeah, i know that. I modifed once some beat-smileys so that they show two different races and uploaded them i a forum, but they never got really popular ^^. Makes me sad when i think about it.

he's supposed to show a bit of his teeth, like he's smiling. It's looking good if you look closely enough. ;)

Level 14
Jaret, yep he does show his teeth, but it's too small to see it. And yeah it's better than the first.
Hmm, also : Maybe an Eredar? No one did that =O

Level 13

Various creeps you might want to choose:

- (Nerubian) Spider;
- Infernal, perhaps?;
- Any Dragon (Red, black, bronze, etc);
- Fel Stalker;
- Gnoll;
- Ghosts;
- Wyvern (without raider, it makes him a creep);
- Crabs;
- Satyr.

Neither do I, but he looks bad ass.

@ hunalexnl:

Your voidwalkers are awesome! The technique you use, or the program, is far the best way to animate emoticons. Btw, Dutch owns! Too bad we didn't won the wc.

EDIT: Oh, you just replied, Just_Spectating.
But I must say, your theme/unit is very, very hard. Noneoftheless, it looks amazing! Idea for a new one:
confused.PNG

Something with that face, ye know.

I don't know if I should...

but here's a WIP.. and I know that some people might use my idea to make their own..

but anyway.. :\

Attachments

• SPRITE1.png
    SPRITE1.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 324
  • SPRITE2.png
    SPRITE2.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 321
  • SPRITE3.png
    SPRITE3.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 314
  • SPRITE4.png
    SPRITE4.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 319
  • SPRITE5.png
    SPRITE5.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 324
Level 13

but here's a WIP.. and I know that some people might use my idea to make their own..

You shouldn't indeed. All I see is epicness, got no tips for them..
And I hope people won't steal your idea.

GREAT work, once again.

Level 7
finished the minimum requirement of 3
How's my third one?
View attachment 85775View attachment 85776View attachment 85777

Wow, the 3rd one looks fucking awesome! I don't know what's he doing (I think he's something like angry or mad) But who cares? It looks fucking epic.

Lol great idea. Kinda reminds me of Zelda on SNES and Southpark... you know why :p

please Maiden of Pain screenie... I wanna remake her :D

Last edited:
Level 7
so, okay.

i'm back and here's my new WIP:
the base images. i'm having some second-thoughts animating them.. ~_~

skeletonorc-5.gif
SADskeletonorc.gif
ORLYskeletonorc.gif
MADskeletonorc.gif
WHATskeletonorc.gif
LOLskeletonorc.gif

pretty cool, If you ask me.
And, here's another icon WIP. Hope u like it (it's the Overlord. Thanks go to hunalexnl, for giving me a screenie):
attachment.php

here he is. Behold... The OVERLORD! I wanted to make him sumthin' like ;) into ;D
attachment.php

Oh my god... I feel this one will be the best icon I've ever made... I... give you... The... TUSKARR!:
attachment.php

So here he is... Tuskarr Smiling!
attachment.php

Here's the last one I'll do today... I mean continue tomorrow. It's a voidwalker. I'm gonna animate it be like levitating above the bottom. Here're the parts:

Attachments

• Overlord.PNG
    Overlord.PNG
    804 bytes · Views: 362
  • overlord.gif
    overlord.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 2,137
  • Tuskarr.PNG
    Tuskarr.PNG
    2.4 KB · Views: 355
  • Tuskarr.gif
    Tuskarr.gif
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,118
Last edited:
First emotion completed.. I call it .. ''What the..¢%?#@ ?!''

Edit = Second emotion completed.. I call it ( AWEEeesummmmmme! )

Edit2 = Third Emotion Completed.. I call it (''Good!'')

Edit 3 = Fourth Emotion Completed... I Call it (''ZZzz....'')

Edit 4 = Fifth Emotion COmpleted... I call it (''emo'')

Edit 5 = Wouhou! and an other one.. I call it (''Natural Selection'')
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1648239-post120.html

Attachments

• Yeah2.gif
    Yeah2.gif
    3 KB · Views: 691
  • WTF3.gif
    WTF3.gif
    4 KB · Views: 687
  • WTF4.gif
    WTF4.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 713
  • Yeah3.gif
    Yeah3.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 690
  • GoodJob.gif
    GoodJob.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 684
  • GoodJob2.gif
    GoodJob2.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 674
  • Sleep2.gif
    Sleep2.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 688
  • Cry3.gif
    Cry3.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 686
  • TNT.gif
    TNT.gif
    20 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
Level 9
Your voidwalkers are awesome! The technique you use, or the program, is far the best way to animate emoticons. Btw, Dutch owns! Too bad we didn't won the wc.

Aww, don't even mention it, I was so disappointed when it ended like that... I'm not a big football fan, but I really wanted NL to win... Oh well. ;(
Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you like my Voidwalkers!

Level 7
Well... Redone the maiden. She's now a little more "wow-stylish", because I didn't find the war3 one. Who cares, Here she is. (Warning. Hotness factor has drastically risen. Only intended for ppl from 1 to 101 years old):
attachment.php

Edit 2: Here's the animated gif. I've made it to be the same as the other maiden, well... except for the graphics ^^:
attachment.php

And, here's the link to my post containing all my emoticons (well... for the contest, y'know?):

Btw here're the emoticons I'm gonna use in any forum^^:
699374.gif
699952.gif
177956.gif

@Mr.Goblin:
Damn it! You made my competition harder! :D Awesome emoticons :)

Attachments

• miaden of pain.PNG
    miaden of pain.PNG
    1.7 KB · Views: 294
  • maiden of pain.gif
    maiden of pain.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
Level 7
Damn thats one bad-ass succubus emoticon...Now how am I gonna choose between voting for you or hunalexnl...

Outland creeps rock btw.

Well... everyone would say to vote for themselves... But me not. There are plenty of other people who do awesome emoticons. Don't consider only me and hunalexnl as the only two options. Of course I would love to get the 1st place and 40 rep, but... well... The only thing that matters is getting these F***ing orcs :)grin::wink::thumbs_up::fp::xxd::thumbs_down::eekani::eek:) to be replaced by much better emoticons. As you can see in my sig. I just reffered to those annoying orcs. All mine are better than these orcs. All Hunalexnl's entries are better than these orcs. Everyone here has got better emoticons then these orcs. This shouldn't be a victory for me, nor for hunalexnl, nor for Dan van Ohllus, nor for M0rbid, Midnighters, Just_Spectating or anyone participating in this contest... It will be a victory for... The Hive Community! (People hand clap)
693407.gif

Level 9

Attachments

• ice.jpg
    ice.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 492
Level 7
Jaret, fairly sure that the winner's emoticons will be ADDED to the list like with previous contests, not replace the current one. Those emoticons were made by people as well, you know. Albeit being made in like... 2001 or something.

@Debode:
I just said that people would stop using these low-qualities, and start using ours around here. I don't really like those orcs. ofcourse there're gonna be people still using the orcs, but... well... who cares?

@Just_Spectating:
I think you should make the 2 icicles in the middle a little thinner to the top, so it would be a little more realistic ( I see hunalexnl said the same :p). The angry one looks more angry than before, which is rly good.

BTW. I finally made the problem of having no warcraft to an end... I'll just use my other 2 pc's. I rly hate it that some pc's are retarded, and only do what they do the best... Destroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.