• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dawn of Kingdoms

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Brief Description: A builder strategy game with lots of resources, micromanaging and building up your economy.

• Units do not regenerate hit points on their own, unlike in melee. Here they have to rest nearby a campfire or a well (unless you have healing magic!)
  • Each player can choose his Leader's personality, affecting his gameplan a little bit. Humans then can choose their religion (from 3 and a "bonus" one)
  • There are a total of 9 raw resources and 12 types of food. Any food type can be used for your people to eat, so they do not starve, but the more variety you have the happier (work faster and fight better) they will be!
  • Each faction has its downsides and upsides, not only its location, but also its unique perks and a special unit.

It is based on the old school building strategy games so beware of the game's lenght! (with a full lobby - it can last up to 3 or 4 hours)

Model Makers - Mike, Aquis, Mephestrial, Elenai, Wandering Soul, HappyTauren, Direfury, Kuhnegetz, General Frank, Dionesiist, Ket, Cavman, Urkdrengi,
Skipper, Radagast, Wandering Soul, Tranquil, Sin'dorei300, Sweet Oblivion, AndrewOverload519, Kitabatake, levigeorge617, Deolrin, assasin_lord, GreyArchon,
Ket, Pyritie, .KC, Lord-T-Rex, apaka, Norinrad, Mr. Bob

Skipped a ton of versions on hive and im too lazy to copy paste it here and edit it all, so if you want to see the changelog, check out my discord server at Join the Lords of Arkanova Discord Server! (#changelogs channel), its free to join and you dont need an account so you can just check out the changelog and leave.

Without spoiling too much, here are some screenies from ingame:

1df329eed035bf6c86d3ec93f27505dd.jpg

bfb5a215a3b259a2ba86ff2c2cd017e4.jpg

unknown.png
unknown.png

9f75fc7f5c46a3698323d92c3f845ec4.jpg

9fd3c6c780a2c71c3288258a2c570844.jpg
6e45031a4a08fc2b02ea065733e62015.jpg
f9826ef5349cecfbb552d82afc641ff2.jpg

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Contents

Dawn of Kingdoms 5.00 (Map)

Level 3
A superb map that keeps getting better. A lot of opportunity for construction, trade and war. Interesting strategies can be put in place and the RP can also be present, come change the story!

5/5

Level 9
Oh, I already played this map many times. Either way, the map has a rather unique starting point which you don't see very often in wc3 maps, to most it could seem like your typical RTS at first, but, it gets more and more interesting as you progress! I've played this map personally with my friends many times, and we've had a great time together, the map in all honesty is awesome and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for something challenging and fun at the same time! 5/5.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
From an earlier version. I don't know if you fixed most of them or not but just to be sure:
  1. Maybe make the Serfs gather the food from carcass automatically?
  2. You can't see the time it takes for a resource to be gained (wheat, pigs etc.).
  3. Heroes gain XP from Wine being destroyed by Serfs :D
  4. Not sure if Woodman's Cottage actually regrows trees, at least in all places.
  5. The game is pretty much slow paced.
  6. Are you sure the upgraded caretakers work? It seems I get 0 sausages and bread even though my people keep dying and they are below 20 and I have at least 5 of each caretakers plus some wine and wheat.
  7. Lacking the resources to train something still lets you waste time on the training. Also, I had no horses and the Knights were trained after the first one.
  8. Troops are so small, it's hard to know which is which.
  9. After I've upgraded to the last barracks and trained most if not all units in it on both pages, the gnolls far away near their campfire came to the barracks/troops at night. Something wakes them up and "forces" them to come.

1. Music through its proper channel. Now it plays as sound. Use the other Play music trigger.
2. What about reduces the time to grow hop?
3. Many icons have DISBTNs. They look green on F10/pause (seen on Thoradin of Strom):
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon
4. It would be good to have a detailed description when due. Why is ale necessary and so on.
5. A Serf changed to Kordun? One came out with the name Baldar. I guess there's a list of randomly generated names. The starting units did not have names though. I can't get Kordun into a Mine. I can't gather wood with him either.
6. Would be nice to have the buildings you can upgrade the platforms to in the build description.

It's top quality stuff. Complexity and replayability. One of the best Strategy & Risk maps which requires the players to have quite the patience both in learning and playing. Much attention is necessary to be given to details for there are not only so many resources but unit types and places to be under supervision.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 6
Thanks for accepting it! I have not actually ever noticed any missing disabled buts, i'll have to look for that! The reason the Serf couldn't have gathered wood is because of their ability to turn "Auto-attack mode" on, which enables them to automatically gather resources like grain, wine, carcasses, but not wood

The reason why is ale and generally food variety needed is shortly explained in F9 :), it's not anywhere on eyesight for the common player because it's advanced stuff and i don't want to overload new players with information, so if they are searching, they will find about things like food variety themselves in the Help menu

Level 2
Multiple Question :
How do you even played the High-Elves? Cause I wanna play as them, but at lost what is the command

Is there any way for me to know what's the uniqueness of every single faction? Cause it's kinda time-consuming to play then reload the map just to learn it's meta.

Any possibility to expand those Vrykul off the Tirisfal Glades Coast? Cause I think they could be some late-game threat that should be dealt with to get some reward like maybe that runestone at Caer Darrow with the Sasquatch.

What's the point of having specialized Kings rule if the changes are very minimal, unlike changes coming from Faith? Cause I can see unique things coming from the smallfolk king with its new mechanic but the rest are just small number tweaks.

Could you possibly change the colour of Gilneas to Black? Seems pretty fitting if you wanna the whole old warcraft aesthetic

Lastly, Are there any planning to redefined the map? Because there is some area that has a bit of too much mountain in a game. like near Eastward.

Level 6
How do you even played the High-Elves? Cause I wanna play as them, but at lost what is the command
I'm not sure if i understand the question correctly, but you play high elves the same way as everyone else, just put yourself in the teal spot in the lobby, before the game starts

Is there any way for me to know what's the uniqueness of every single faction? Cause it's kinda time-consuming to play then reload the map just to learn it's meta.
I'm working on a way of putting back into the game, but currently the list of all faction bonuses is linked at my patreon page, to which the link is in the community discord #patreon channel

Any possibility to expand those Vrykul off the Tirisfal Glades Coast? Cause I think they could be some late-game threat that should be dealt with to get some reward like maybe that runestone at Caer Darrow with the Sasquatch.
They're just one of the many unique hostile enemies around the map, adding to variety so there's not just wolves and bears everywhere

What's the point of having specialized Kings rule if the changes are very minimal, unlike changes coming from Faith? Cause I can see unique things coming from the smallfolk king with its new mechanic but the rest are just small number tweaks.
The "King Personalities" are another way to spice up the game and slightly bend your playstyle in one direction or another, they're not meant to entirely turn the game on its head

Could you possibly change the colour of Gilneas to Black? Seems pretty fitting if you wanna the whole old warcraft aesthetic
Yes and no. I refrain from using the black color unless specifically needed, not only because the color grey is just as fitting, but also black is already used by hostile enemies

Lastly, Are there any planning to redefined the map? Because there is some area that has a bit of too much mountain in a game. like near Eastward.
I'm not sure what you mean once again by "redefining", but small terrain changes are frequent (in almost every patch since release) just look at the first and the last version for comparison

Level 2
I'm not sure if i understand the question correctly, but you play high elves the same way as everyone else, just put yourself in the teal spot in the lobby, before the game starts

I'm working on a way of putting back into the game, but currently the list of all faction bonuses is linked at my patreon page, to which the link is in the community discord #patreon channel

They're just one of the many unique hostile enemies around the map, adding to variety so there's not just wolves and bears everywhere

The "King Personalities" are another way to spice up the game and slightly bend your playstyle in one direction or another, they're not meant to entirely turn the game on its head

Yes and no. I refrain from using the black color unless specifically needed, not only because the color grey is just as fitting, but also black is already used by hostile enemies

I'm not sure what you mean once again by "redefining", but small terrain changes are frequent (in almost every patch since release) just look at the first and the last version for comparison

Ahh thank you for your answer, it clears up a lot of things, as for the misconception regarding High Elves playability and Terrain that was a mistake of mine, firstly i was unsure if you can even scroll down on the team selection menu when choosing which player you wanted to play, i only realized that once you pointed out you can play as high elves, secondly about the terrain i think it's more of that i kinda got weirded out of how some spot are obviously can be putted some building like near the river on eastwald starting zone or the edges of mountain north of gilneas starting zone, might be adding more of these plot land so more building can fit inside of it.

Level 5
Awesome looking map! NOW, Where is my Beloved Friend: AI ??????.
I mean an author skilled enough to forge a map like this should not have that much trouble making one since he master all the mecanisms of the Gameplay he has designed

Level 6
Whats the model for the building sites you use? (The things you build that branch out into other buildings)
Hey, sorry for slow reply, i'm not very active on wc3 lately.

The flag models come from the items section called "Human Flag", "Orc Flag" and so on.

Don't quote me on the exact model names but they should be called something similar to that!

Level 1
Yo, was trying this out in singleplayer before bothering to host it, i dont know if this is a consistent screw up on my part or something odd is occurring, it seems to work fine but i seemingly can't smelt iron ore it smelts gold ore just fine but i dont know if its just a download error(removed and reinstalled) or its a weird consistent bug or im dumb and missing something. Oh btw when switching its production smelting from gold to iron the icon disapears and again doesnt smelt into iron ingots. any who reply when you can and have a nice day.

Level 28
Didn't see any tutorial on starting the map. There should definitely be an explanation of the mechanics in the quest menu (for example, I only found out you need to get a commoner to attack a resource building in order to go inside by complete accident).

A commoner going in an unmanned building by attacking it is counter-intuitive, why not use the same load unit ability as mines?

Every time I try to build a dwarf commoner or mason, it tells me I don't have the gear for it and cancels building. Same for elves.

Troll and human buildings produce workers and fishing boats correctly, but the workers you start the game with can't be used to work in resource buildings like farms.

There seems to be a problem with growing grain and other crops, whenever I build more than one the second one doesn't seem to work.

The vote doesn't work in single player even with no computers.

Troll gates smash open.

Resource buildings should display whenever a resource is harvested.

Leaderboard should display how much of a resource is being harvested/consumed.

There should be a ping to show raw resource locations.

Last edited:
Level 28
The elves can't build a single unit even with enough resources, they get trained and are instantly removed with "you don't have the equipment".

The elf smith can't go back to smelting gold after clicking the smelt iron button.

It's possible to build human attack units even when there aren't enough hovels. They also use up tools instead of weapons.

In single-player, the tutorial doesn't play, going straight to the fow/black mask dialog box.

Level 6
Didn't see any tutorial on starting the map. There should definitely be an explanation of the mechanics in the quest menu (for example, I only found out you need to get a commoner to attack a resource building in order to go inside by complete accident).

A commoner going in an unmanned building by attacking it is counter-intuitive, why not use the same load unit ability as mines?

Every time I try to build a dwarf commoner or mason, it tells me I don't have the gear for it and cancels building. Same for elves.

Troll and human buildings produce workers and fishing boats correctly, but the workers you start the game with can't be used to work in resource buildings like farms.

There seems to be a problem with growing grain and other crops, whenever I build more than one the second one doesn't seem to work.

The vote doesn't work in single player even with no computers.

Troll gates smash open.

Resource buildings should display whenever a resource is harvested.

Leaderboard should display how much of a resource is being harvested/consumed.

There should be a ping to show raw resource locations.

Sorry about these issues, I slowly abandoned the map during the recent patches because of how much it broke

Level 6
Yo, was trying this out in singleplayer before bothering to host it, i dont know if this is a consistent screw up on my part or something odd is occurring, it seems to work fine but i seemingly can't smelt iron ore it smelts gold ore just fine but i dont know if its just a download error(removed and reinstalled) or its a weird consistent bug or im dumb and missing something. Oh btw when switching its production smelting from gold to iron the icon disapears and again doesnt smelt into iron ingots. any who reply when you can and have a nice day.
I uploaded a newer version on here, it might be fixed

Level 2
Why can't I upgrade toolmaker if I pick Barbarism? Only Occultism should be unable to use iron, as the tooltip says, but somehow Barbarism can't use iron too.