1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, July 14. If you'd like to create a map for the night, check out the map challenge!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Join in on Icon Contest #17 and show your interpretation of a legendary equipment set!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Kingdoms

Submitted by Koltira
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
A game with lots of resources, micromanaging and building up your economy

Points you need know before plaiyng

• Units do not regenerate hit points on their own, unlike in melee. Here they have to rest nearby a campfire or a well (unless you have healing magic!)
  • Each player can choose his Leader's personality, affecting his gameplan a little bit. Humans then can choose their religion (from 3 and a "bonus" one)
  • There are a total of 9 raw resources and 12 types of food. Any food type can be used for your people to eat, so they do not starve, but the more variety you have the happier (work faster and fight better) they will be!
  • Each faction has its downsides and upsides, not only its location, but also its unique perks and a special unit.

It is based on the old school building strategy games so beware of the game's lenght! (with a full lobby - it can last up to 3 or 4 hours)

Credits

Model Makers - Mike, Aquis, Mephestrial, Elenai, Wandering Soul, HappyTauren, Direfury, Kuhnegetz, General Frank, Dionesiist, Ket, Cavman, Urkdrengi,
Skipper, Radagast, Wandering Soul, Tranquil, Sin'dorei300, Sweet Oblivion, AndrewOverload519, Kitabatake, levigeorge617, Deolrin, assasin_lord, GreyArchon,
Ket, Pyritie, .KC, Lord-T-Rex, apaka, Norinrad, Mr. Bob

Without spoiling too much, here are some screenies from ingame as player red:

Screenshots from tutorial
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Mighty Stromgarde (how can a very late game city look!)
[​IMG]
Alterac City
[​IMG]
Lordaeron City
[​IMG] [​IMG]
Durnholde
[​IMG]
Eastweald
[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
The High Elves
[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
All the resources (apart from Wood and Stone, which are the classic "gold and wood" from melee) and foods
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Changelog

--------- VERSION 4.85

- Cavalry's collision change to that of other units (except bear riders)
- Removed the Population cost of Caravans
- increased the damage bonus of Lance Strike to 192 from 128

- Increased the mana cost of Holy Light to 48 from 32(upraveno)
- Increased the damage of spike traps from 32 to 64
- High Elven Runes added (elfish form of traps)

- Increased the damage of exploding trap from 32 to 48
- There are now 2 distinguishable types of True Sight; "Detect", which reveals only traps and "Spot", which reveals all invisible units including traps

- Reduced the cooldown of Vision to 4, its mana cost to 8, its area of effect to 400 and its duration to 4 seconds(upraveno)
- Increased the healing of Mending Elxiir to 32 from 16

- Increased the health of cattle
- Roads now can no longer be destroyed by Military units, but Serfs or Strategists instead
- Loas now start with full mana

- Ula-Tek's Mind Control cooldown reduced to 5 seconds from 20
- Toxic Lake's mana cost reduced to 400 from 500
- Divine Thunder's damage increased to 128

- Beyond the Grave's summon duration increased to 120 seconds from 60
- Storm's damage increased to 48 every 5 seconds, from 8 every 3 seconds and its mana cost increased to 128
- Storm's duration reduced to 20 and its area of effect reduced to 225 from 250

- Reduced the bonus of less food consumption for occultism to 20% from 30%
- Ziggurats now gain the ability to transfer mana between themselves on long distances
- Increased the mana cost of Raise Corpse to 4 from 3 and its duration to 80 seconds

- Increased the mana cost of Summon Minion to 8 from 6

Contents

Dawn of Kingdoms 4.85 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
From an earlier version. I don't know if you fixed most of them or not but just to be sure: [spoiler] 1. Music through its proper channel. Now it plays as sound. Use the other Play music trigger. 2. What about reduces the time to grow hop? 3. Many...
  1. Olorin

Olorin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great map, prolly one of the best city/empire builder map out there !

5/5

2. kyle18

kyle18

Resources:
    Resources:
    A superb map that keeps getting better. A lot of opportunity for construction, trade and war. Interesting strategies can be put in place and the RP can also be present, come change the story!

5/5

3. Jaxximus

Jaxximus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, I already played this map many times. Either way, the map has a rather unique starting point which you don't see very often in wc3 maps, to most it could seem like your typical RTS at first, but, it gets more and more interesting as you progress! I've played this map personally with my friends many times, and we've had a great time together, the map in all honesty is awesome and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for something challenging and fun at the same time! 5/5.

4. Koltira

Koltira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the nice comments, it's what kept me going all these yeasr!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 11:28 AM
  5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    From an earlier version. I don't know if you fixed most of them or not but just to be sure:
    1. Maybe make the Serfs gather the food from carcass automatically?
    2. You can't see the time it takes for a resource to be gained (wheat, pigs etc.).
    3. Heroes gain XP from Wine being destroyed by Serfs :D
    4. Not sure if Woodman's Cottage actually regrows trees, at least in all places.
    5. The game is pretty much slow paced.
    6. Are you sure the upgraded caretakers work? It seems I get 0 sausages and bread even though my people keep dying and they are below 20 and I have at least 5 of each caretakers plus some wine and wheat.
    7. Lacking the resources to train something still lets you waste time on the training. Also, I had no horses and the Knights were trained after the first one.
    8. Troops are so small, it's hard to know which is which.
    9. After I've upgraded to the last barracks and trained most if not all units in it on both pages, the gnolls far away near their campfire came to the barracks/troops at night. Something wakes them up and "forces" them to come.

1. Music through its proper channel. Now it plays as sound. Use the other Play music trigger.
    2. What about reduces the time to grow hop?
    3. Many icons have DISBTNs. They look green on F10/pause (seen on Thoradin of Strom):
    Button Manager v1.8.2
    BLP Lab v0.5.0
    Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
    How to Make an Icon
    4. It would be good to have a detailed description when due. Why is ale necessary and so on.
    5. A Serf changed to Kordun? One came out with the name Baldar. I guess there's a list of randomly generated names. The starting units did not have names though. I can't get Kordun into a Mine. I can't gather wood with him either.
    6. Would be nice to have the buildings you can upgrade the platforms to in the build description.

It's top quality stuff. Complexity and replayability. One of the best Strategy & Risk maps which requires the players to have quite the patience both in learning and playing. Much attention is necessary to be given to details for there are not only so many resources but unit types and places to be under supervision.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

6. Koltira

Koltira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for accepting it! I have not actually ever noticed any missing disabled buts, i'll have to look for that! The reason the Serf couldn't have gathered wood is because of their ability to turn "Auto-attack mode" on, which enables them to automatically gather resources like grain, wine, carcasses, but not wood

The reason why is ale and generally food variety needed is shortly explained in F9 :), it's not anywhere on eyesight for the common player because it's advanced stuff and i don't want to overload new players with information, so if they are searching, they will find about things like food variety themselves in the Help menu

7. Battleborn

Battleborn

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So much love from this map.!

8. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Says 'Cannot Load Map Data" when I try to play it.

9. Koltira

Koltira

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is it in singleplayer?
    What operating system do you launch it on?
    Did you download the version here from Hive?

10. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wrong operating system from a old Warcraft 3 folder, iz fixed now.