• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Chapter 1: The Caribbean Package

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
# Story

Blocked and defeated the inhabitants of this island remain without access to basic facilities. Our hero's job is slay the the evil forces and lead the people to victory. You will achieve this through a series of backchannels, street deals, and subterfuges guided by the characters you meet in the game in your goal to deliver El Paquete.

# Features

- Two different storylines
- Decide the fate of a whole nation
- Historically accurate cinematic sequences
- Learn something new while you play

This is the first chapter of a new concept in gameplay, where I tell the story of a DIY Internet revolution based on a real-life story of an island in the Caribbean. It is a completely reworked and remastered version of DotA's first two levels, so you will get through it in a short time. It can easily be extended with World Editor, for example changing the cinematic parts of the story.

This level is suitable only for single player (PvE) combat.
Contents

The Caribbean Package (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The cinematic tag is only for fully cinematic maps. Careful with the user and author name not to differ (too much). The filename does not correspond to how the map's called here. I don't think a DotA Allstars image fits or is good mannered to have...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The cinematic tag is only for fully cinematic maps.

Careful with the user and author name not to differ (too much).
The filename does not correspond to how the map's called here.

I don't think a DotA Allstars image fits or is good mannered to have as a loading screen.

El Paquette has no DISBTN. You can learn about icons:
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon
same with Wireless Node

So, you can just use the Goblin Zeppelin to get there?
Flat terrain.
Paladin spells. What to use Holy Light on?

This map is totally unfinished and lacking in so many ways. Avoid uploading incomplete material here and use: Map Development

The whole thing lasts about 4 minutes.
Set to Substandard.
Does not even come close to the original game's quality. Please, play better rated maps on the site and inspire yourself.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 1
I played this level by accident while I was looking for something else with Caribbean on it. I did however throughly enjoy it. It is short though, very short. I do however appreciate the irony in the story and the DOtA references here. Everyone in a Caribbean island should have the chance to play this level.

Level 1
I think this map makes sense in a conceptual way. It belongs on this so called 'El-Paquette' to tell a story that took place in the caribbean. Off course gameplay wise, it is not much of a challenge...