• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azeroth Defenders

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
AditTechno Presents

Azeroth Defenders
Created by AditTechno

Map Info:

Azeroth Defenders is a three-part Human campaign whose quest is to bring down the source of attacks conducted by the Undead. It features Muradin as the main character of the story along with three other paladins helping him on his journey.

Features:

The campaign offers different maps with different types of gameplay! One Defense map, one Rescue map, and one RPG map!

• Difficulty Selection
    • It's really important to pick the difficulty that you'd like to play because this campaign is genuinely difficult on Hard. They're simply too good at decimating you.
  • Secrets
  • Hidden Conditions affecting the Campaign differently

How to Play:

Chapter One:
  • The need for building towers just depends on the difficulty. You may need to build a lot in Hard difficulty.
  • There is a secret quest that will affect the whole campaign once you complete it. To do it, you must explore the map around the top area. I suggest to the left.
Chapter Two:
  • The secret quest in this part can only be revealed if you have finished the secret quest of the previous chapter. Then, some additional dialogues will be added which will give you the information needed. Of course, you'll have to explore the map yourself.
  • This campaign actually has four maps. The third map may be the Final Chapter, but by completing the secret quest in this chapter, you can unlock a secret cinematic. I made it because I planned to make sequels for it back then, but then I scrapped the idea.
Final Chapter:
  • This map features a permanent Black Mask. I only added it by accident back then, but by the looks of the terrain, I think it just slowly became a feature for me.
  • There are three different endings in this chapter. The first ending is more open, the second can be noticed if you've done your first playthrough, and the third one is a little more discreet.
  • Each ending will have different ways to go to the boss fight, but you can still explore the area if you wish to gain EXP or find secrets. BUT, if the quest says you need to go this way, you cannot go the other way. For example, this ending highlights this path to go to the boss, and a different ending will present different paths, so you cannot go through the path of a different ending.
  • All the previous choices that you've made in the previous chapters will carry over to the Final Chapter. If you wish to see the details, pay attention to the minor dialogues! They will even carry over to some of the cinematics.
  • Different ways to access the ending give you different amounts of secrets that you can carry with you if you play within the normal routes. But your gameplay is already different. For example, Muradin is a good area-of-effect damage dealer but quite vulnerable, so if you take him, you'll have more secret items to access normally. If you take the more discreet one, you'll find fewer secret items normally, but there's a catch you can get further in the game.

Secrets:

When you play the campaign in Hard difficulty, you will have access to Secrets scattered around the Final Chapter!
  • Relic of Omnipotence
    • The only secret item that is accessible with any difficulty. Defeat the Hero equipping it to earn the item. Gives the user +10 All Stats and +15 Damage.
  • Ankh of Reincarnation
    • This item is accessible in Chapter Two on Hard difficulty! Restores the user back to life with full HP and Mana.
  • Crown of the Lich King
    • Accessible in Final Chapter Hard difficulty. Defeat the Hero equipping it to earn the item. Gives +30 Damage and Frost attack.
  • Steel Armor
    • Accessible in Final Chapter Hard difficulty. Defeat the Hero equipping it to earn the item. Gives +10 Armor to the user.
  • Blade of Fire
    • Accessible in Final Chapter Hard difficulty. Defeat the Hero equipping it to earn the item. Gives Fire attack, 20% Critical Strike, and 25% Evasion.
  • Orb of Elements
    • Accessible in Final Chapter Hard difficulty. To obtain this, you must find three different Pandarens that will each give you Blazing Soul, Avalanching Soul, and Storming Soul. Once you find them, they will fuse together and create Orb of Elements. Grants +40 Damage as well as Fire attack, Cleave, and Lifesteal.

Change Log:

Added:

• First upload

Fixed:
  • Ghouls at the end of Chapter One cinematic now attack as intended.
Changes:
  • Nerfed the Boulder Tower in Chapter One and upgrading the towers works properly now.
  • Updated the quest descriptions for the 'Hypothetical' route according to its current state.
[/hidden]

Credits:

Special Thanks to the Template Terrain makers:

• Heinvers: Peaceful Valley, Dusk Gardens
  • finlandman_co: Poison Forest Template

Helpers:

• Dehua_Darbuya
  • Daffa
Models:

• FreiBier
  • JetFangInferno
  • Mike
  • JesusHipster
  • Blackveiled
  • Buster

Author's notes (personal stuff):

It's been 7 years and the campaign has been finished! It's very simplistic, and kind of random in nature. This was the second-ever campaign I made (the first was long gone) so I was still having that habit of using the stock characters in Warcraft III at the time this was made. I'm so grateful to have some helpers around 2018-2019. I think without them, the system wouldn't be as concise as it is today, especially in Chapter One. Also, I don't make terrains at the time so I had to make do with custom terrains (Shout out to Heinvers and finlandman_co for providing the template). To prevent bugs in Chapter One, I had to edit the terrain a little so that it functions better, mostly with pathing stuff.
Any bugs or concerns? You can inform the thread or me personally.
On another note, this is done in 1.29 version. I hope it works in the latest.
Enjoy!

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

230399-37945dc3ad44806ae710540c1722bc17.jpg
230400-7ca00aba46f5624a401cf1d87f5e81e8.jpg
230401-fc5a040043db64b3ad7c84932906ee12.jpg

Previews
Contents

Azeroth Defenders (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
In chapter 1 you can save the troops in the woods before getting the quest. Chapter 1's idea is nice but could be definitely improved: tower upgrades and variety; enemy variety (+heroes). Also, the hero you play with could be customizable somehow...
Level 10
Was not prompted for a difficulty selection unless it uses the in game drop down under custom campaigns

1st Mission
Special towers can be built anywhere even on top of other towers. The normal human arrow/cannon/arcane can only be built on grass/dirt
There is no difference between Flame/Energy/Cold towers all have the same damage/range/armor/hp
Cold tower also does not slow
Special tower upgrades do not change anything about them besides a bigger model
Flame: Magic 21-29 600 range, 500 hp 5 armor
Advance flame: Magic 21-29 600 range, 500 hp 5 armor
1666110230126.png

1666110256294.png

Level 16
Was not prompted for a difficulty selection unless it uses the in game drop down under custom campaigns
Yeah, that's the way you should select the difficulty, actually. Sorry for not clarifying on that.

1st Mission
Special towers can be built anywhere even on top of other towers. The normal human arrow/cannon/arcane can only be built on grass/dirt
There is no difference between Flame/Energy/Cold towers all have the same damage/range/armor/hp
Cold tower also does not slow
Special tower upgrades do not change anything about them besides a bigger model
Flame: Magic 21-29 600 range, 500 hp 5 armor
Advance flame: Magic 21-29 600 range, 500 hp 5 armor
I'll look into it and fix that. Thanks for the info!

Level 22
Played it and completed 2 missions on Hard Difficulty.
Noticed that selected difficulty doesn't not transfer into next chapter, so player should manualy reselect his desired difficulty, on the other hand he will be forced to play on "normal":

Chapter 1:
  • As told before, some towers are pretty same and slighly nerfed according to their default/Alliance counterparts;
  • Managed to hold undead easily by constructing alot of boulder towers - did they have quickier attack speed than default? If yes - I'm starting to think that you made them OP specially;
  • Ghouls in final cinematic doesn't attack anyone, so guards and citizens easily kill them one by one without any resistance;
Chapter 2:
  • Quest says that there's a timer for rescue. But where?
  • Also spotting by ghouls doesn't lead to anything - I killed nearly all of them, without any issues or mission failing. Maybe it was intented to be stealth mission, but in current implementation it doesn't;
  • Some villagers cannot be rescued - I don't remember where, but I encount that error maybe on southwest of map.
Also in each mission I noticed strange side quest with notes. Maybe it was your development notes, because I don't understood what I supposed to do in order to complete it. It have default night elf "Hide" icon, to be sure.

So, what I can say in total?
Firstly it was hard, then it became smooth and funny. Maybe it's not proper to leave review without completing whole 3 missions, but here we are.
Liked it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Noticed that selected difficulty doesn't not transfer into next chapter, so player should manualy reselect his desired difficulty, on the other hand he will be forced to play on "normal":
This is a known patch issue since at least 1.29. It can only be "fixed" by starting each map manually as you mentioned or the author could make dialogue button (or any) system that lets the player choose the difficulty at the start of each map.

Level 16
Oh, really? I'll have to look into it.
As told before, some towers are pretty same and slighly nerfed according to their default/Alliance counterparts;
Hmm...I'll need to look into this.

Managed to hold undead easily by constructing alot of boulder towers - did they have quickier attack speed than default? If yes - I'm starting to think that you made them OP specially;
If I remember correctly, I only buffed their movement speed for the Undead units only for Chapter 1. They do have quicker attack speed by default. In Chapter 2 however, I increased the Ghoul's attack speed.
EDIT: Sorry I misread you, I mean the Boulder tower's attack speed is that fast by default, yeah.
Ghouls in final cinematic doesn't attack anyone, so guards and citizens easily kill them one by one without any resistance;
Oh yeah, dang it, I was supposed to fix that but I forgot. I'll look into that.
Quest says that there's a timer for rescue. But where?
The timed defeat condition is actually when the Day/Night time reaches 6:00. I guess I need to specify that.

Also spotting by ghouls doesn't lead to anything - I killed nearly all of them, without any issues or mission failing. Maybe it was intented to be stealth mission, but in current implementation it doesn't;
It wasn't really to make it so hard, just to waste sometime, but I'll definitely tweak them a little.
Some villagers cannot be rescued - I don't remember where, but I encount that error maybe on southwest of map.
I'll look into it, it's quite serious xD.

Also in each mission I noticed strange side quest with notes. Maybe it was your development notes, because I don't understood what I supposed to do in order to complete it. It have default night elf "Hide" icon, to be sure.
Oh, those are secret conditions that you're gonna have to complete if you want to see some different details. I honestly forgot to update them, I'll need to do that as well.
This is a known patch issue since at least 1.29. It can only be "fixed" by starting each map manually as you mentioned or the author could make dialogue button (or any) system that lets the player choose the difficulty at the start of each map.
I'll definitely look into that, thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:
Level 22
Oh, really? I'll have to look into it.

Hmm...I'll need to look into this.

If I remember correctly, I only buffed their movement speed for the Undead units only for Chapter 1. They do have quicker attack speed by default. In Chapter 2 however, I increased the Ghoul's attack speed.

Oh yeah, dang it, I was supposed to fix that but I forgot. I'll look into that.

The timed defeat condition is actually when the Day/Night time reaches 6:00. I guess I need to specify that.

It wasn't really to make it so hard, just to waste sometime, but I'll definitely tweak them a little.

I'll look into it, it's quite serious xD.

Oh, those are secret conditions that you're gonna have to complete if you want to see some different details. I honestly forgot to update them, I'll need to do that as well.

I'll definitely look into that, thanks for pointing it out.
About villagers - however I managed to complete mission, maybe due their total count over than 35 needed, so you can complete main quest even if had this issue like me.

Level 16
Hello!

I bring forth some minor fixes and changes for the campaign:

Version 1.05

Fixed:
  • Ghouls at the end of Chapter One cinematic now attack as intended.
Changes:
  • Nerfed the Boulder Tower in Chapter One and upgrading the towers works properly now.
  • Updated the quest descriptions for the 'Hypothetical' route according to its current state.
To do:
  • Changing the difficulty system.
Honestly, I currently don't have enough time to make the difficulty system, but I plan to wait for you guys to finish the Final Chapter and comment on it. I personally have nothing updated yet for that chapter.
Hope the campaign is a little better now.

Enjoy!

P.S. I also added a new guide to the main description but PLEASE, only open it if you have completed your first playthrough.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
In chapter 1 you can save the troops in the woods before getting the quest.
Chapter 1's idea is nice but could be definitely improved: tower upgrades and variety; enemy variety (+heroes). Also, the hero you play with could be customizable somehow.
Chapter 2 seems to have no relation to chapter 1. What happened to the others? Also, a really small map.
Some of the villagers are not getting rescued. See image. The map can be completed though without those.
Chapter 2 is annoying since it's not only timed but you don't have the map revealed where you have been before so it's very trial and error.
Why would Arthas just tell what his and his men's mission was?
The paladins look the same way and have the exact abilities.
Destroying the necropolis you get a message from Arthas even though he's not even here/rescued yet.
Same black mask annoyance in chapter 3.
It appears that there are some pathing blocker issues. See image.
01.png02.png

I would appreciate more creativity, techtrees, gameplay mechanics, abilities, terrain. Right now, it's rather simple. Maybe more chapters would help approve it.

Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited:
Level 6
How exactly am I supposed to notify the campaign that I'm playing on Hard difficulty? I thought I was supposed to set the difficulty to Hard before satrting the campaign, but that didn't seem to have done the trick given that only the Omnipotence item appeared and I couldn't see how I was supposed to get to the Fire Lord or the three Pandaren

In addition, the dialogue during the cutscene before the Ordin fight got absolutely butchered. One dialogue snippet would stay barely long enough for me to read the 1st half, another would stay for less than a second, another would take its sweet time and so on

And I'm a bit surprised that neither Uther, Arthas or the other Paladin asked Muradin what he was doing there after I went over to him after I got Arthas.

Level 10
This campaign is very lacking. Too short, there's not much of a story. If you press "Esc" button, the main quests get restarted. It's more like a test or unfinished product. However, it was an experience alright.