• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azeroth

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?czdr1ccvl3tp4eq

Note: I can't seem to get it to say it's map size, so I'll just post it here.
Map Size: 256x256
Playable Map Size: 256x256

This is a Warcraft III 'Cataclysm Azeroth/Outland 1.0' map that I created over the course of a few weeks, and then on and off for about half a year; I figure it's good enough to post online now, so here goes.
Basically it's a recreation of Azeroth in Warcraft III melee map form.
I suppose at best it's in Beta, but I've worked hard to make sure everything works.
You'll have to try it out in order to fully judge it, and if you have any helpful tips, please let me know and I'll see if I can do better on the new one I plan to eventually make.
I've tried a fair amount not to make it feel too modified, but also so that custom units function properly, such as Fel Orcs, Corrupt Night Elves (Satyrs), and Blood Elves.
I couldn't make it any bigger, as I started it on the normal editor and then switched to the NewGen editor, which is why I call this one 1.0; I plan to make a 2.0 that is as big as the NewGen editor allows, and it will also include Pandaria.

Here's the blueprint I molded the terrain with:
http://ody-chan.deviantart.com/art/Azeroth-1-0-356702379

The team colors and races are locked, so in order to switch teams you'll need to change the team number 1-4; If you click on the same team number, it will switch between the players in that team.
For example, if you're set on "Team 2" and on the drop-down box you click "Team 2" again, it will switch you from "The Horde" to "Undercity".

Available teams:
Alliance:
Blue team "The Alliance" (Humans, High Elves)
Purple team "Darnassus" (Night Elves)
Pink team "The Exodar" (Draenei)
Horde:
Red team "The Horde" (Orcs)
Teal team "Undercity" (Undead)
Yellow team "Silvermoon" (Blood Elves)
Independent:
Green team "The Cenarion Circle" (Night Elves)
Dark Green team "Acherus: The Ebon Hold" (Undead)
Independent Evil:
Orange team "The Burning Legion" (Naga, Humans, Draenei, Blood Elves)
Gray team "Illidan's Army" (Satyrs, Naga, Fel Orcs, Draenei, Blood Elves)
Light Blue team "The Scourge" (Undead)
Brown team "The Twilight's Hammer" (Orcs)

For anybody who's confused about ownership, my name is Cody and my brother's name is Luke; odykay is just my username, and I DID make this.
Warcraft III and all it's original content are owned by Blizzard Entertainment.

Sources used:
Wowhead, Wowwiki, various others, and playing World of Warcraft.

Keywords:
azeroth, outland, draenor, cataclysm
Contents

Azeroth (Map)

Reviews
11:27, 6th Mar 2013 Orcnet: see my comment
Level 2
please make up a decent description containing much information on your map such as change logs, screen shots, features and more and do please read the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/map-submission-rules-228244/ vm me once you have updated it
What? But what else is there to tell about it? It's just a regular 12 player Warcraft III melee map in the shape of Azeroth with a few custom units, which I already named off..
As for screenshots, it seems to me that the mini-map that's provided is all it needs.

Last edited:
Level 1
I don't see why our map was Rejected... maybe we need to be a bit more professional when uploading maps, advertise it a bit more. :p
Anyway we are working on a new map with Draenor in the corner, and it will be 480x480 instead of 256x256 (although if you count them its actually 257x257 and 481x481...).