• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2- Winds of the Storm

The Saga of Azeroth PART 2 - Winds of the Storm (unfinished)
Known as "The Fall of Azeroth" in the Original Campaigns Credits Teaser

This campaign was created by Deicide
Special thanks to Anaxie for uploading it for Deicide on his behalf.

Sequel to the campaign made back in 2003
The Saga of Azeroth - Coming of the Horde

The Campaign is unfinished and will never likely be finished but I think a large amount of people would like to play the unfinished Part 2 of one of the greatest custom Campaigns of Warcraft 3

~ Inside the editor you will find all the loading screens for the levels that were never created
~ You will find the names of all the missions that could of been
~ Items Carry over from the first Campaign

And you will find 4 fully playable missions and 2 interludes that primarily focus on the Humans of Stormwind.

Included also is the Unfinished Map 7 FoA7 for Fall of Azeroth
DeicideUH said:
A few words on Part 2:

There are four playable missions. The available maps were all tested, but some bugs and typos may remain.

Some of the maps are very hard.

The campaign is the opposite of the first one: focus on humans, and would have a few orc levels. I was only able to work on human maps (the first unfinished one would be the start of the orc part).

In the third mission, I used a certain group of renegade humans that shouldn't exist during this period. In the final version, I would have changed the name of the group to avoid confusion.

The second and fourth missions were my favorite maps. I'm really proud of them, full of story, and with twists (both seem to end... only for you to find out that no, they didn't end. There's more to be done!)

There's a few secret triggers in these maps that would matter later in the campaign. In essence, your actions in a map would change things near the end of the campaign. For instance, doing the optional quest in the first mission would give you an extra hero and troops in the end map. There's also a hidden item that you collect in mission 2 that turns into a powerful item in later missions.

Also included in my drive folder are test maps that I was working for at the time. Man, it's been 15 years. Time flies...

Resource Credtis:
Previews
Contents

07- Black Winds Blowing (Map)

2- Winds of the Storm (Campaign)

Reviews
Championfighter25
It's so great to see, even after 15 years the second part uploaded, even if unfinished. Anyway to my review: Prologue - Found no issues. Chapter 1 - Zion's abiities are useful, but i would've liked to see some custom spells - After defeating all...
deepstrasz
Too bad it wasn't finished :( Please write a credits list in the map description. Awaiting Update. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules U P L O A D I N G...
deepstrasz
Approved. Maybe @DeicideUH could provide a credits list with the resources used.
tulee
Just finished this. I have to admit I enjoyed it more than i thought I would. The first playable level was a particularly nice intro mission. I even got used to the sound that would ping every-time a character talked. Glad to see what was meant to be...
deepstrasz
Set to Awaiting Update based on @tulee's comments. Changes made, Approved.
Level 29
Havnt tested it yet.

Amon the JOB!

Prelude
-Found no issues
-You got it wrong, I think. Medivh isn't fully aware that Sargeras is corrupting him. Sargeras kind of manipulates his thoughts and actions. And Medivh doesn't intend to rule Azeroth.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Level 14
T
Amon the JOB!

Prelude
-Found no issues
-You got it wrong, I think. Medivh isn't fully aware that Sargeras is corrupting him. Sargeras kind of manipulates his thoughts and actions. And Medivh doesn't intend to rule Azeroth.
this is info based all the way back in the WC1 manual pre 15 years of Retcons and lore fleshing out

Look like the last map features a Lothar, A book, a cave, and a band of Ogres.

anyone wanna guess what iconic mission of WC1 this will be?

Last edited:
Level 29
T

this is info based all the way back in the WC1 manual pre 15 years of Retcons and lore fleshing out

Look like the last map features a Lothar, A book, a cave, and a band of Ogres.

anyone wanna guess what iconic mission of WC1 this will be?

I have never played WC1, sorry.

First mission
-Zion's abilities are kind of odd for a mage. Summonng bears and spirit wolves?
-Are we supposed to be capable of buing items in the village?
-The poison buff duration for the Orc Spear-Throwers is very short. Is it on purpose?
-Maybe you should give a better model to Garona.

@Anaxie When I see Zion's Quests:D

transferir.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
Amon the JOB!

Prelude
-Found no issues

First mission
-Zion's abilities are kind of odd for a mage. Summonng bears and spirit wolves?
-Are we supposed to be capable of buing items in the village?
Keep in mind that this is very old. Back then, lore sources were the three games and the Day of the Dragon novel. It wasn't very clear what each magic school could do (mages would cast lightning bolts in Warcraft 2).

Zion was partially based on the Warcraft 1 "Conjurer" unit. They summoned things like scorpions, water elementals and rain of fire.

Also, this came before a lot of the patch additions, like the mercenary heroes, which is why I didn't use the fire elementals that the Firelord hero could summon.

If I were to remake these campaigns, I'd make a lot of different choices nowadays. Zion would be summoning golems and elementals, for instance, and some of the story would be adapted to be more in line in current lore, but still keeping the same feeling of the original intent (an adaptation rather than copy of canon).

About the village... I don't remember the details, lol.

Last edited:
Level 2
Good news everyone

ITEMS from Saga of Azeroth Part 1 Carry over with Lothar proabably Zion too
Yes. Playing the first campaign gives you an edge in the sequel. Same would happen to Ur'aman.

I was such a completist that Gul'dan wouldn't be playable in part 2, but I was planning to keep his items once he appeared in later sequels.

Level 29
Good news everyone

ITEMS from Saga of Azeroth Part 1 Carry over with Lothar proabably Zion too

Peaked into CH 4 and Lothar has everything That he has in my current youtube playhthrough

Good to know.

Chapter Two:
-I found no bugs nor issues
-Kill Giants? Really?
-The rewards to kill the giants are hardly worth the effort
-Cheese?
-I went through the woods to avoid the orc towers, but they can still hit me, plus the orcs near the towers saw me and attack. So going through the woods is pointless
-Agravatus is too powerful for our heroes
-"Lion Horns" not "Lionhorns"
-Seriously? The orcs stopped from chasing three exhausted mages just to prepare for the final assault? What are they, Bond villains?!!

I will continue tomorrow

Level 14
Good to know.

Chapter Two:
-Kill Giants? Really?
-Cheese?
-I went through the woods to avoid the orc towers, but they can still hit me, plus the orcs near the towers saw me and attack. So going through the woods is pointless
-Seriously? The orcs stopped from chasing three exhausted mages just to prepare for the final assault? What are they, Bond villains?!!

I will continue tomorrow

well Saga of Azeroth was never an easy campaign if you recall

would anyone like me to upload the FIXED versions of Fall of the Lion and Bago's Quest also?
Fall of the Lion on Hive is missing the last 2 levels

Last edited:
Level 2
Good to know.

Chapter Two:
-Kill Giants? Really?
-Cheese?

I will continue tomorrow
The towers shouldn't attack you through the woods if I recall correctly, may be a bug.

Aggravatus was hard, indeed. There was an strategy to kill him, but I really don't remember it, lol.

From memory, I think the giants gave good loot. I don't remember the details.

The cheese transforms into another item in the next mission. If I recall correctly, this item gives true sight, which in turn allows you to find a hidden mob in the fourth mission that gives another good item.

The orcs stop chasing the mages because Stormwind forces attack. Just after the horn sounds, Stormwind troops should appear over the hill. Cho'gall then retreats. If that's not happening, it's a bug. Maybe related to deprecated triggers.

Last edited:
Level 14
Anyone interested in playing HOLD UP!

Because possibly tommorow The Saga of Azeroth Part 1 is getting a re-upload update after 15 years featuring new amazing models by Tauer. For all heroes and several units and maybe a secret or two.

Last edited:
Level 29
Posting since Deicide can't respond with new account on Hive yet

Have you checked the meme I made in a post above?

Because possibly tommorow The Saga of Azeroth Part 1 is getting a re-upload update after 15 years featuring new amazing models by Tauer.

YES! It seems like Hive's Christmas came early this year!

Level 14
Saga of Azeroth Part 1 Reupload going to have to wait. Some edits were made for Rebirth that do not work for a default upload. Going to have to start with the fresh file from scratch. it's better this way anyway. This will allow 2 uploads:

One for a Vanilla experience with Enhancements from Hive modern Hive assets

One for Rebirth that keeps Vanilla assets drastically recreated in Rebirth. Specific heroes of course will be manually updated with their respective skins.

An Example is Ur'Aman uses the default Fel Grunt Skin but with green tone and a little red paint. Leaving this in with Rebirth would make him look janky compared to default Grunts. A Fel Grunt However is gloriously intimiating and being so close to the Shadow Council it's expected he would be more tainted regardless.

Another is Rebirth Vanilla Gul'dan which stays to his traditional model to great effect and Tauer's Very nice Gul'Dan Model. Both will be readily available for their respective versions.

Lothar will of course be glorious as ever.

EDIT:

Just played some of Deicide's Part 2

Lots of Enemies lots of loot. It's an exact continuation of his previous.
Item cache works with the old game and still carries over from P1. Zion the Nethercaster is present in All 4 missions. Lothar appears later.

The soundtrack alone is worth playing it for.
I'll leave it at that

This isn't my campaign so not sure how I would review rate it but I give it a solid 5.
It's from 2003. It's the pinnacle of Quality of 2003 and Both campaigns can stand toe to toe with some of the best work on the HIve today with the entire lack of assets and tools that existed in 2003.

This Campaign is a time capsule of Warcraft past thats just been dug up. Something no one thats played Coming of the Horde ever expected to see the light of day and an essential extension to an already epic Campaign

I say approve it.

Last edited:
Level 22
It's so great to see, even after 15 years the second part uploaded, even if unfinished.
Anyway to my review:

Prologue
- Found no issues.

Chapter 1
- Zion's abiities are useful, but i would've liked to see some custom spells
- After defeating all those wolves the reward could have been a bit better in my opinion. Ultimately since you use up all of the mana potions, you only get the scroll of the beast, which is ok, but also receiving something like a mantle of intelligence +3 would make it a lot better.
-You're a bit too generous with the mana restoration items, i'll give you that. :D

Chapter 2
- Sometimes when i attack creeps that are sleeping and near to each other, only 1 or 2 wake up while the others don't.
And sometimes when i attack them while they are awake, a few remain frozen in place.

Interlude 1
- Found no issues.

Chapter 3
-It's a bit weird seeing jungle trolls near Northshire

Chapter 4
- I cannot use Uther's Far Sight, but i can still use Zion's Thunderstorm.

Overall, while i don't like that the heroes have default spells, the level design and gameplay, even after 15 years is top notch and amazing. 5/5 from me.

Last edited:
Level 11
OMG!!! I can't believe this unfinished campaign with have its future chapters! I'm so excited about it! Keep it up, Anaxie! By the way, if you ever need a beta tester and reviewer, I'm the man for it :)

Level 14
Got most of the new release of P1 laid out just have to do the task of implementing it now.

I think you'll like the Ur'Aman 2.0 I do

Zion may get a combat spell option outside summons to replace the Bear. May simply do Blizzard seeing how many enemies are in Part 2. To make fights not last such a huge amount of time or being at the mercy of mass casters.

Lothar's Critical Strike is getting axed. I Think Endurance Aura will be appropriate for the Siege of Stormwind and all the constant from one side of the Map to the Other. Divine shield will stay. Not going to even try breaking the Cinematic in Shadows of Hunters.

Preview of the new Necrolytes. I think it fits perfectly and they look nice side by side Warlocks.

30910-32e8aa7f7ce4b0170daedbd3e31da724_tn2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
Chapter 3
-It's a bit weird seeing jungle trolls near Northshire
I was experimenting with different types of mobs.

Back then, there was already info on Strangletorn (from Brann's journal in WoW page) and I thought it would make sense for "Azeroth" (the old name of the kingdom) to have a few stray jungle trolls. Nowadays the idea makes no sense indeed.

Chapter 4
- I cannot use Uther's Far Sight, but i can still use Zion's Thunderstorm.
This is a bug I wasn't able to fix until I stopped working on the campaign. The ability is turned off in the mission files, but it still works in-game. I was considering removing it entirely from Zion for the mission, but was afraid it would behave weirdly when loading Zion for his next mission.

Overall, while i don't like that the heroes have default spells, the level design and gameplay, even after 15 years is top notch and amazing. 5/5 from me.
Thanks!

Level 2
What is the name of the music used in Chapter 1 in the beginning? That sounds epic and makes the first chapter my most favourite one in this campaign.

Level 2
@DeicideUH if you want @Ralle can place you as the author of this and your other campaign:
1- The Coming of the Horde
I consider myself retired from making campaigns, so I don't mind if my name is not shown. It appears in the campaign ending credits, after all.

@Anaxie why are there more than 1 file there? Shouldn't it just be a .w3n (campaign) file?
It's an unfinished map for the 5th mission. I think Anaxie introduced it just as a curiosity.

It would be a multiple-objective map. Instead of the normal build-a-base-make-an-army gameplay, you'd play as Orgrimm Doomhammer (and Ur'aman). You get a series of objectives, and for each one you'd need to select units from a pool of recruits. Each area of the map would be related to a different objective, with the final one being to raze a human city (I think it was Goldshire). I didn't finish all the terrain, thought.

Any chance you would return and finish this campaign?
While I'd love to do so, I doubt it will happen. I'm using my free time nowadaysto write novels. Trying to become a writer here in Brazil. I released my first novel last year, but it's been hard to get attention to it.

What is the name of the music used in Chapter 1 in the beginning? That sounds epic and makes the first chapter my most favourite one in this campaign.
It's part of the main theme of the first "Metal Gear Solid 2" game. I love it too.

Level 11
Is there any chance we'll see Ur'Aman and Lothar fighing? I remember when Ur'Aman told Lothar in a first campaign that they will fight one day, so I think it would've been epic to see Lothar killing Ur'Aman, since we'll be playing as humans through this second campaign. :)

Level 23
I consider myself retired from making campaigns, so I don't mind if my name is not shown. It appears in the campaign ending credits, after all.
The only time those people who play the base building missions in warcraft 3 custom campaigns with a low apm suddenly increase into professional tier apm is when they are trying to spam skip credits at the end of a campaign.

Level 29
A Tease for SoA Coming of the Horde V2.0

Hero Abilities revamped
New models
New Areas
New Items
New Secrets
Hard campaign becomes Harder better find those secrets to survive

Df57VozWAAAnpb-.jpg

Excellent!

I like the new Ur'aman model!

Level 14
Excellent!

I like the new Ur'aman model!

I felt wind walk was appropriate to take strategic advantage of his extremely powerful Howl he had and keeps from the original.
Also I felt Critical strike serves the new Ur'aman better than Bash.

Who do you give attack items to now? Crit happy Fast Ur'Aman or Cleave your face Blackhand. Decisions for players have never been so hard.

Level 29
I felt wind walk was appropriate to take strategic advantage of his extremely powerful Howl he had and keeps from the original.
Also I felt Critical strike serves the new Ur'aman better than Bash.

I agree with Critical Strike, but not with Wind Walk. Ur'aman, at least in the campaign, doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that favors stealth over brute strength. He probably saw no honor in using Wind Walk to slay his foes.

Who do you give attack items to now? Crit happy Fast Ur'Aman or Cleave your face Blackhand. Decisions for players have never been so hard.

Blackhand definetly. Ur'Aman is about dealing massive single damage, while Blackhand is of the type of dealing with several foes at once.

Level 22
I don't like the idea of giving him windwalk either.
Maybe you can give him something like a modified storm bolt, by making it a melee range ability, rename it to "sword thrust" and then give it to Ur'Aman, while of course giving it a new appropriate icon.

Level 14
I don't like the idea of giving him windwalk either.
Maybe you can give him something like a modified storm bolt, by making it a melee range ability, rename it to "sword thrust" and then give it to Ur'Aman, while of course giving it a new appropriate icon.

Blackhand already had stormbolt in the default campaign.

I agree with Critical Strike, but not with Wind Walk. Ur'aman, at least in the campaign, doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that favors stealth over brute strength. He probably saw no honor in using Wind Walk to slay his foes.

Blackhand definetly. Ur'Aman is about dealing massive single damage, while Blackhand is of the type of dealing with several foes at once.

Ur'Aman was a Shadow Council special Agent and obseved the siege of Stormwind from afar.

Level 2
@DeicideUH you don't mind, do you? I mean, I hope @Anaxie has your support and approval on editing/remastering your work.
No, I don't mind. I feel honored.
Is there any chance we'll see Ur'Aman and Lothar fighing? I remember when Ur'Aman told Lothar in a first campaign that they will fight one day, so I think it would've been epic to see Lothar killing Ur'Aman, since we'll be playing as humans through this second campaign. :)
They'd fight at some point during the Second War, when the Horde is at the gates of Lordaeron. Ur'aman's a total evil bastard at the beginning, but my plan for Ur'aman was for him to grow as a character as he sees the Horde going being crushed. He'd survive the war, become weary of all the destruction (he'd outlive Draenor's destruction), and the very last scene of the campaign would be him as a broken old orc arriving at Durotar and hoping this time things would be different.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. -villagers say the same thing. All males went with Rudolph on the murloc hunt...
  2. -would have been neat to have Scorpions like in Orcs & Humans, this conjurer hero
  3. -normal Warcraft III spells have been overused
  4. -lucky they just robbed her; also lucky that the bandits hadn't sold the jewel yet
  5. -Erin doesn't have elven ears :D
  6. -so, you can't actually buy anything!? It's just text for ambience?
  7. -maybe wolves to drop skin/fur to sell and then buy mana potions :)?
  8. -I think, during cinematic scenes, the expiration timer of summoned units is not paused
  9. -why appear if he says he can see the ghost?
  10. -Kher-habi temporarily has its animation frozen after calling the conjurer a fool
  11. -why is there boundary on the kobold caverns, or is it just weird shadow?
  12. -Captain Ramos has not hero glow; you could add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Same with the orc hero
  13. -avoid playing music through the sound channel; use the other play music trigger instead
  14. -they're keeping humans with armour and weapons on in cages :D
  15. -kind of makes Medivh a cartoony villain, the ending; also, no magic is seen helping Aegwynn rise; she was supposed to be near death was she not?
-relaxing level, I really liked it

1. -Zion, always on his horse, eh, even in his sleep?
  2. -by the way, lovely Khadgar and Aegwynn skins/models. Are they from our community? If not, it would be nice to have them here
  3. -maybe Aegwynn should attack with a frost projectile as Khadgar has Chain Lightning?
  4. -would have been neat for the orcs to cast the spells of Orcs and Humans
  5. -Starfall is pretty much iconic to Night Elves
  6. -problem is I can't choose Fire Strike anymore to destroy the trees with runes near them...
  7. -gameplay here is pretty repetitive, killing mostly the same units for some consumables and no more experience to gain; I'm saying it's not rewarding but mostly a time waste
  8. -the ambush town is triggered if you reach the northern wall of the town a bit south of the spiders and eggs... and you have to summon your beasts again
  9. -Khadgar only level 3 but Aegwynn surpasses Zion?
  10. -yep, the road is too long; resizing he map would help or adding something else to do on it
  11. -units selected during cinematic mode
  12. -what a cliche ending... she did not even sacrifice herself (even though tiredness) in order for the others to escape; the cliche cavalry was on the way anyway; if storywise, Aegwynn was supposed to deliver the message, then Zion could have done the sacrifice
  13. -the boss demon doesn't follow the player units everywhere

1. -well, if it was evidence then how can that not be used as proof?
  2. -the cleric's abilities... I don't know...
  3. -more like Darkspear trolls
  4. -treants in the Eastern Kingdoms?
  5. -the town didn't look like it was under attack and certainly had no guards
  6. -catapults, not demolishers
  7. -conjurer spells...
  8. -man, that Monsoon spell is just flawless :D
  9. -how many houses should not be destroyed because those huge golems are unstoppable at that?
  10. -even Uther shoots fire?
  11. -good thing the summoner's troops don't use spells
  12. -I think the summoner casts Carrion Wave from a really big distance; I had my heroes fight some boars somewhere to the northwest of the dark wizard near a bridge
  13. -the golem behind the doom guards can't come to the player units but it hurls bolders
  14. -Malachel is too weak
  15. -the level is really enjoyable

1. -the dwarves wanted to remain there after all that noise!?
  2. -Thunderstorm is still on the hero even if the text said it can't be used. Also, why does it say level 1 when it's an ultimate?
  3. -where's Khadgar?
  4. -by the way, this nethercaster doesn't use any nether spells from what I gather
  5. -Divine Shield before finding the tome?
  6. -man, that Scepter of Healing is pretty too much; I mean when fighting the orcs, you don't quite receive any at least near dangerous damage
  7. -loved this level and the atmosphere

-Orgrim has no model and there are other units with this problem; they can't be selected
-this level is basically unplayable...

Too bad it wasn't finished :(

Please write a credits list in the map description.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

U P L O A D I N G - A - M A P

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
just loved this series
r u sure...we will never get full campaign of this series ? :(

i hope one day u will decide to make or is no one interested to complete this series ?

Level 11
It's too bad nobody wanna work at this masterpiece campaign. This campaign is not just interesting to play, but is also a great way of learning about the events of Warcraft 1 (First War). Since I am a fan of both Warcraft 1 and 2, I'd love to support and help get this campaign done, but there seems to be no people who would like to work on it. Such a shame :(

Level 23
Just finished this. I have to admit I enjoyed it more than i thought I would. The first playable level was a particularly nice intro mission. I even got used to the sound that would ping every-time a character talked. Glad to see what was meant to be a sequel to one of the first campaigns posted here.

I would like to note that, it does not take that long to make a map description, and the current one really does not do justice to the author. It would use 30-40 minutes of your time, just a simple description, maybe a few screenshots, and most importantly emphasize who is the author of this campaign--- while lack of good description of the map/screenshots is preference, the fast that the name of the author of the campaign is not clear is incredibly insulting. I do not think this should have been approved simply because the map description is so lacking that people who are not intimately familiar with the campaigns on hiveworkshop will not know who is the author of this. The author's name is only mentioned as part of a quote--- that is ridiculous. If you have time to track down an author who made campaigns 16 years ago, I think you have time to write down the author's name and emphasize it in the map description.

Level 5
Hello, I'm currently in Chapter 2. In Chapter 1 I dislike that so many mana potions etc. drop.
I didn't even need the knight at all. He died in vain. The difficulty is not well done IMO.
I really like the music though. Is this from warcraft 1-2?
I keep this post updated..

Too many summon units makes it too easy. Starfall has the same hotkey as Force of Nature
which is annoying. Too much heal potions drop. Also too much use of the same creatures.
I like that the map is so big and the story is also not bad but where is the challenge?
No one is a match for my summons.

I'm done honestly.

Last edited: