1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1- The Coming of the Horde

Submitted by Herogod
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the year 583. It is a time of peace in the kingdom of Azeroth. However, a dark figure plots in the darkness, planning to bring murderouss, bloody-thirst beings into this world...

A re-telling of WarCraft I and the events leading up to it.

http://staff.samods.org/deicide/

Campaign by: Deicide
Uploaded by: Herogod
Contents

1- The Coming of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. This campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.
  1. VGsatomi: Approved. This campaign was originally hosted on wc3search.

2. Killer Zig Zag

Killer Zig Zag

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great Campaign, i just beat it like 5 minutes ago. I liked it better than Blizzards campaigns. GJ 10/10

3. Malvodion

Malvodion

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i love this Campaign. is perfect

{EDIT}
    I Need The 2 Episode

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
  4. Aionic

Aionic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Outside of the first mission, this is by far the best custom campaign I've played so far. Great way for people who never played the first Warcraft to get a feel for how the orcs came to exist in the human world.

The first mission was made waaaaay too difficult for people who enjoy killing everything on the map, such as myself, with level 7 and 11 ogres you have to kill, both of which come surrounded with level level 5 ogres/orc grunts. I ended up needing to kill around 5-6 level 5 ogres and one level 7 ogre with just my level 3 hero to finish the mission - Had to 'pull' the weaker orcs and run away from the level 7 orc various times to heal at the near(ish) fountain of life, using roar to escape each time.

It's a shame this hasn't been updated since 2003... The guy who started this project has vanished into thin air, even though his site shows screenshots of the 2nd part. Might be worth everyone sending an email (email on his website) to see if he he's interested in restarting the project.

{EDIT}
    Hmm, seems I posted too soon - Mission 3 is even more difficult than the first. It seems impossible to win when you have a level 10 red dragon attacking you every few minutes... Hoping it's easier on easy.

This campaign would be 10/10 excellent if the guy who created it came back to fix the insane difficulty hikes.

Edit: Managed to *just about* beat it on easy. Not sure what the main differences are between easy and normal mode, but even on easy mission 3 was still the hardest Warcraft 3 mission I've ever tried...

5. Herogod

Herogod

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, the campaign is hard and that is good so, it shouldn't be changed
    and the hardest mission in the campaign is the latest, so have fun!

6. Aionic

Aionic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hard is one thing, near impossible is another. The change in difficulty between the first and second mission shows you that it needs fixing.

It's stupid when you have to 'cheat' the system in order to win in the first mission...assuming you're the kind of person who kills everything on the map. It needed QC by a few people... Shame it's too late now.

Anyway! The fourth mission has yet again lowered the difficulty level back to something more reasonable and fun. Very well made mission, you have to end it quickly or find the other gold mine asap.

Edit: Oh yeah, nearly forgot. The optional quest in mission 3 seems to not work - I killed every creep and saved everyone, yet the quest never updated.

{EDIT}
    Mission 5 is also HARD. The creator of this definitely wanted to know people would have a hard time finishing it. Scary to think how hard the missions in part 2 were going to be...

Anyway, any tips for beating the first human mission?

7. holaiMei

holaiMei

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where did you get that Ogre hero unit? he looks really cool.

8. Basinator

Basinator

Resources:
    Resources:
    very good campaign, but also to hard some times....
    <<<but where is part 2?
    To mission5: just build a few footmen, rescue fast the villages, then u can build another units, with priest and the another units u can take it...
    i also needed 2 trys ;)

9. powerfreak

powerfreak

Resources:
    Resources:
    to aionics comments, i agree abt missions 3 and 5 but the others were fairly easy. this campaign involves more strategy than the original campaigns,and it takes alot of patience to play it. took me 4 trys to get mission 5, haha.
    sum1 needs to find p2 and get it on here.

10. Herogod

Herogod

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is no Part 2, it was never finished!

11. Judgment

Judgment

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great campaign, one of the best I've played, although it was a bit too easy. Somehow, I completed all of the maps in one try without any loading...although it took me 1.5 days to finish the entire campaign since I like to do all the quests + explore every part of the map while killing everything on the map.

Didn't notice any glitches but there were some minor spelling errors.

Hope you make Episode 2: The Fall of Azeroth soon, I REALLY want to play it...

12. Basinator

Basinator

Resources:
    Resources:
    i have mailed him without a response,,,

13. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great job! I don't know if you'll ever finish the second episode, but if you did, it'd be great!

Some downsides in the campaign; some grammar mistakes, and I agree that it was too easy. Vampiric Aura + Frenzy + Unholy Frenzy was just monstrous. You could defeat entire armies just with two heroes.

The storyline could also have been better shaped. I like the fact that you used Warcraft II music, but you should have used more of those. Some of the musics you used did not fit well into the game.

Having that settled, I award this campaign a [7] Very Good rating.

14. MapHeist

MapHeist

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is one of the best campaigns I've played. I even enjoyed it more than the original campaigns!

Pros: I really like the Warcraft history, and this delivers a great piece of it! (It's a remake of Warcraft 1)
    The campaign has a really cool style and I really loved that every map had their own music and such. Most (if not all) new skins and models was great as well.

Cons: It had some grammar mistakes and at first I thought it was a bit hard. But then I realized how strong the heroes really was.

Overall: The author have created a very creative and funny campaign. I recommend it to all who like warcraft's history.

I *really* hope he make Episode 2: The Fall of Azeroth :)

15. Aionic

Aionic

Resources:
    Resources:
    I never did beat mission 5 - I kept failing and was very bored with Warcraft 3 (after beating W3 + FT), so I quit.

I'm going to give this campaign another go. It would be nice if there was a part 2 and fixes to look forward to, but...

16. Basinator

Basinator

Resources:
    Resources:
    btw, i found a bug: Raise Dead skill from gul'dan is buggy in level 2 (and maybe also level 3?) does also kill sometimes your own units and make them undeath for a short time...

17. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG...THIS IS A GOOD CAMPAIGN BUT WHERE IS ::THE FALL OF AZEROTH:: i have waiten for it a long time XD..

18. Freelance

Freelance

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great campaign 9.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999998/ 10

Just one Question, when is the next one coming out?

19. tat00r

tat00r

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol on level 5 i did the stupid thing... rushed the orcs bases and guess what? I Won.. >.>

{EDIT 1}
    And also i agree that this campaign roxx so id give it 8/10, Sooo whens the sequal comin out?

{EDIT 2}
    Hmm... that was great! Although just before the credits in the cinematic why was thrall there? Or at least his model with doomhammer and orgrims armor anyways..