• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Growling Winds

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map contains elements of wow, diablo 3 and diablo 2 gameplay. It contains:
-custom combat system (damage depending of weapon, strength, talents, custom made chance to crit depending of agility (or intelligence for spells), spell school resistances (and resistance penetration), chance to crit scales up with your level (you for example have bigger chance to crit lower or your level mobs than mobs and players higher level than you are), chance to hit, etc.)
-damage show system (just like in wow - white damage for normal attacks, yellow for spells and abilities, orange for pets and it will grow and shrink for criticals)
-items with many custom made bonuses (healthsteal, +to certain talents, +to certain ability stat, etc)
-talents system (requires level 10, up to 50 talents per class (so far), each with its unique bonuses such as +% to strength, agility or intelligence, +to spell power depending from intelligence, strength, maximum health or mana, +to weapon damage, chance to crit or even critical multiplier, etc.)
-custom experience system (mobs much lower than you give you very little to no experience while bosses and minibosses give you a lot more than ordinary mobs, etc)
-5 fully playable unique classes, each with it's own talents and possible specializations (for example: Death Knight can either spec as fighter, spell caster or a tank.

And a lot lot more

However, I would like to point out that this is an alpha version and nothing you see here is final. There are many things to be done such as vendors, lore, save/load system, credits, etc.

Keywords:
wow, diablo, diablo 3, serbianbeast, orpg, rpg, wind, growl, growling winds, epic, system
Contents

The Growling Winds (Map)

Reviews
13:47, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
Hello there!
I've registered for this map :(! It's so damn amazing - When I can't play World of Warcraft on global when I am out of cash or sumthin' I can play this with my friends, who do not have cash for WoW but they like it! If only I would be able to help you somehow to continue with this map - It's so damn amazing especially the triggers. I could try helping with the terrain or maybe make a priest class as I know all spells in WoW :D Please reply, I really look forward to helping with this map or sumthing!

And to all the people who like it : Maybe also try helping Serbianbeast with it?

Thank you!

Level 9
and how should we be able to help? SerbianBeast just has to ask us, or upload an unprotected version. I believe I know a few things about both terraining and triggering which could improve the map, or at least make it longer without loosing too much quality.

I doubt this is ever going to be updated. An update confirming this from SerbianBeast himself would be nice. One saying the opposite would be amazing though.. - but I doubt it.

Level 16
Well, since I'm not going to finish it anytime soon, I guess that uploading an unprotected version of it would be a reasonable thing to do, just please don't post it in map section without asking me. Feel free to edit/improve/take ideas from it just don't post it anywhere (not even that epicwar or whatever that site is called). So, here we go... There are 2 of it: 1 is the last saved map with melee shaman and the other one is where he's ranged (that was the last thing I tried to make before I finally quit due to college and work and other things that bugged me) so, I hope you people find this useful.

Attachments

• The Growling Winds Backup.w3x
    4.7 MB · Views: 165
  • The Growling Winds v1.0a.w3x
    4.2 MB · Views: 135
Level 2
i Like this map alot becouse of the way i could kill every single boss alone and i loved the way of talents and spells simple
GREAT WORK
but do some work on the terrain