• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon/Model/Spell Team Contest - Hive Member[+100 Rep]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated.

@Hayate I added you as Icon and Model guy for now, as I understood this correctly. :)

@Emperor Lucas II , I allow you to be created as hero. The 100 post count was meant as pre-filter not to choose unknown registered users that don't even post.

A 3-man team contest is a very bold thing to host
Yes! But I think we're prepared. : )

Can I use already existed model and change only skin? I want to make a Kid in black eye-mask and black T-Shirt, like on my avatar.
this:
Submissions may not be started / made before the official launch of the contest.
Also, all submissions must be created by the team.

Level 15
I only come here because of that +100 reps. fyi there was a project by an elite member to make hero arena with hive members, might be get some inspiration there

Level 51
Sure. Who will be expert for what?

Sorry, did not think of that :) Nightmare's doing the icon job, me the modelling job and Kyrbio the coding job.

A question though: there is the rule that allows work sharing. Would it also be legitimate (theoretically) for nightmare doing a custom texture for the model I created?

Level 50
Regarding the icons,

Contestants should create three icons.
  • One icon is portrait icon of hero.
  • One icon is portrait icon of spell.
  • One icon represents casting of spell by hero and therefore needs to feature both hero an spell.
Two icons featuring the spell are regarded as two different variations/versions of one same spell. In fact they are representing two approaches to drawing the spell - abstract and figurative.

Copy pasting elements from one icon into another is not allowed, they need to be all drawn from bottom to top.

1 month doesn't seem enough for busy people
One side is, a busy member maybe can not do it in time - other side is, we can't do contests to please all busy members. We have now some days to look for teams/get used to theme and ideas, then there's 1 month to create the resource for each expert. I believe it's doable.

Level 5
@Villainous
upload_2017-11-8_13-29-41.png

Here's my personal armor if you want to take a closer look.

Level 9
If it would help, we could also randomize some teams.
I wanted to mention that too, but I refrained...
To avoid polarization it's best that the teams are randomly generated (and it's even fun), but there would be only one problem, and that is that maybe some teams would end up having a member who doesn't have good skills but participated anyway, including myself.

Level 51
One side is, a busy member maybe can not do it in time - other side is, we can't do contests to please all busy members. We have now some days to look for teams/get used to theme and ideas, then there's 1 month to create the resource for each expert. I believe it's doable.

Still I think 1 month is indeed a very limited time. Heck, it's even less then normal regular modelling contests go. While it is doable, things might get rushed, especially with the barriers of communication with team-members living all around the world.

Reactions: pyf
Level 50
Still I think 1 month is indeed a very limited time. Heck, it's even less then normal regular modelling contests go. While it is doable, things might get rushed, especially with the barriers of communication with team-members living all around the world.
I totaly agree we need some more time. At least month and a half. Or two.

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.