• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.32.9 SERVER UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Because wc3 by default looks like a drunk 4 year old made the models. The textures are good for what they have to work with (aka low poly and low resolution)
I know some people like the old school graphics, but I really don't and I cannot understand why.

I don't think reforged is ideal either, but for me it's a dozen times better than the old.

Reforged is clearly better for singleplayer stuff like campaigns and/or low unit count maps, clearly not for x hundreds of units in multiplayer maps. Way too laggy and clusters of units looks weirdly mushed together.

In classic, everything can be perfectly distinguished in huge battles, good fps with decent enough appeal to the eye - especially with additional custom models/textures.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Reforged is clearly better for singleplayer stuff like campaigns and/or low unit count maps, clearly not for x hundreds of units in multiplayer maps. Way too laggy and clusters of units looks weirdly mushed together.

In classic, everything can be perfectly distinguished in huge battles, good fps with decent enough appeal to the eye - especially with additional custom models/textures.
Well, SCII graphics wouldn't hurt. I'm referring to the HD Warcraft III models made for that game.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Because wc3 by default looks like a drunk 4 year old made the models. The textures are good for what they have to work with (aka low poly and low resolution)
I know some people like the old school graphics, but I really don't and I cannot understand why.

I don't think reforged is ideal either, but for me it's a dozen times better than the old.
To each their own. I unironically like OG Wc3 (& not just for nostalgia). It's also not just about aesthetics; I seriously attribute some of the success of Wc3 modding to the relatively-low learning curve of creating 3d (& 2d, honestly) assets for it.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Obviously. The people working behind these patches does not have slightest love for the game, neither any passion on their jobs. They are just working to get paid. Such incompetence.
That's demonstrably false, unless you believe that to be true of our very own Kam who is still working away on these Patches.

Now if you want to doubt that enough of the people on the Classic Games Team have enough passion, you're free to do that (though I still disagree).

Level 9
Holy crap, can this get any worse? I'm soo glad to have 1.26. I suggest people to ditch Reforged, there are pvpgn servers out there that still support 1.26 + GameRanger.

I'm interested, but the problem is that in 1.26, the UI commands and lua is not supported. I guess most of the Gameranger folks are on 1.26? It is a shame we cannot concentrate the community on one single patch. (I suppose 1.31 would be preferrable)

Level 14
There's a guy on reddit (IsopodJ), who claims to be Taur ("a mod from the Hive"), who says that he's an "insider" from Blizz, and that the next patch will fix everything (?): https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/kefv23/my_reaction_to_the_latest_patch/

That doesn't sound very credible to be honest. According to his profile, the user Taur was "Last seen: Nov 29, 2013" and is a standard user, not a mod. He is also not listed at staff members.

Also, his information is clearly wrong:

IsopodJ said:
Only 1 line in the Jass indices, you just need to change that one line to (0,0,0)] which is found using the Jass editor. It only affects the test feature saving, but it will crash only when you run it through test editor. So I just put the map im testing in the custom maps folder :)

There is no (0,0,0)] in the generated Jass code. Instead, the compiler complains about the first vJass-only Syntax it can find. Using something as simple as

JASS:
library Test
    globals
        constant integer testInt = 1
    endglobals
endlibrary

generates the error "Line 96: Unknown compile error - unknown compile error on line 96(syntex error)", although both Jasshelper and vJass are enabled.

Putting the map in the custom maps folder (of course) doesn't solve this issue.

I think this is enough to draw our own conclusion about this so-called "insider information"

Last edited:
Level 27
There's a guy on reddit (IsopodJ), who claims to be Taur ("a mod from the Hive"), who says that he's an "insider" from Blizz, and that the next patch will fix everything (?):

Let's asume for a moment that the user is who is, and is saying the truth. Is just another example of the very lacking leadership on Reforged project, you don't need to release information as insiders for a hiver. You need to put that stuff on Blizz forums, twitter, twich or an AMA and be very clear about things.

"We're going to work everything broken on .32 and 1.33 in x time will have nearly every feature and 1.34 will be good stuff"

That simple line could've keep people hopeful for a year, and giving them a breathing room to avoid the avalanche of refunding and the hit to Blizzard's brand.

From what the same user is saying, the plan is giving the surprise on the Blizzcon in two months, so they want to do a publicity stunt with a game that still will have less features than the 2001 client...

Let's hope they don't find a way to shoot themselves in the foot, again.

Last edited:
Level 4
And this is why Gproxy and Entconnect Wc3 1.30.1v Is 20x better then Live.. Come back to old version people XD Blizzard is just a skin its now the CCP underneath :p

Level 24
There's a guy on reddit (IsopodJ), who claims to be Taur ("a mod from the Hive"), who says that he's an "insider" from Blizz, and that the next patch will fix everything (?): https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraft3/comments/kefv23/my_reaction_to_the_latest_patch/
Not to be confused with the modeler Tauer, Taur was a prominent Wc3C member many years ago. I don't know if he was ever active on THW in any capacity though. Either way, the reddit-guy is clearly bullshitting and no amount of weight should be given to his post.

A new patch is out to resolve the compiler error, and map crashes.
Thanks! I had big trouble testing all the cinematics for final release without a reliable test map function. I will check later if it works again as intended. Would be nice to know what happen though, just out of curiosity :p

Come back to old version people XD Blizzard is just a skin its now the CCP underneath :p

See I can't tell if you're joking or not but I've enough experience with hivers to know you might not be so just in case, saying these kinds of ridiculous things isn't helpful nor true and is probably part of the reason the reforged dev team tend to not communicate with the community as much as they should when the reply they get is nonsense like this (along with other worse cases of flaming/trolling).

So please just bare this in mind, criticism is valid as long as it is constructive. Stuff like calling Blizz the CCP is not.

See I can't tell if you're joking or not but I've enough experience with hivers to know you might not be so just in case, saying these kinds of ridiculous things isn't helpful nor true and is probably part of the reason the reforged dev team tend to not communicate with the community as much as they should when the reply they get is nonsense like this (along with other worse cases of flaming/trolling).

So please just bare this in mind, criticism is valid as long as it is constructive. Stuff like calling Blizz the CCP is not.

The game is beyond repair, they should bring back 1.26 client with some newer 1.31 features and leave it at that. They should instead focus on War4, not this crappy remake. SC2 remade Warcraft 3 look better than reforged itself. I dearly hope Blizzard is smart to leave this shit remake alone and forgotten.

The fact that War3 competitive scene uses classic mode proves that reforged failed its purpose, not even Chinese platform NetEase uses latest patch; they use their own custom client.

Reactions: pyf
Dude lol, are you blaming users for the devs fault?

One of the Devs themselves said that they don't engage with the community as much because of a lot of the hate and flaming. I've criticised Blizzard plenty of times myself over Reforged but I don't make personal attacks or the like which a lot of people have been doing; its especially bad on the Blizzard Forum.

It's not the Dev's fault that people have decided to verbally assault them across all these platforms, but it is the Dev's fault for a lot of other issues which myself and other people have brought up without the personal attacks.

Level 4
A new patch is out to resolve the compiler error, and map crashes.
Still crashes when I try to test my map :(

Edit: Well it seems like it is a specific map issue as I managed to open another map. But I haven't changed anything so it just all the sudden got broken after a patch or something. Anyway, I'm tired of always troubleshooting my map. I'll just wait a year or something and do other stuff in the mean time.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Wc3 happens to be on the shelf for me at the moment as Shadlowlands is out so it does not REALLY impact me personally.
And even if it did, I use wurst instead of vjass.
And even if I didn't I have old patches stocked up.

Realistically it should not fuck a modder up at this stage, we have been dealing with similar stuff for a long time and if you have not a found a solution yet.. well.

What if the universe is giving you a sign, don't use vjass in 2020. (not saying you have to use wurst specifically but other waaaay better options exist)

Level 4
Looks like I was a bit too fast to complain. The Issue is that my vJazz triggers, like TimerUtils and a respawn system causes the crash. I guess Chaosy is right, maybe I should try to make my systems independent from vJazz. I like GUI best anyway but some "copy/paste" systems on Hive, that are somewhat easy to modify, are pretty neat.

We shall see in February. Hopefully we'll get at least custom campaigns back

Why bother? Battle.Net is dead, playerbase is divided between previous versions and Blizzard rolls out a shoddy patch every year or so. Let's face it, the golden days of Warcraft 3 are gone.

Custom campaigns won't fix anything. As they say good apples will get ruined by the rotten batch.

Level 13
Why bother?
Custom campaigns won't fix anything. As they say good apples will get ruined by the rotten batch.
Honestly, for me, it would fix everything. I couldn't care less about multiplayer. All I care about when it comes to Warcraft 3 is playing some custom campaigns every now and then. And honestly all I'm hoping from Reforged is that Blizzard, or any other community patch, will eventually bring back the Custom Campaigns.

Honestly, for me, it would fix everything. I couldn't care less about multiplayer. All I care about when it comes to Warcraft 3 is playing some custom campaigns every now and then. And honestly all I'm hoping from Reforged is that Blizzard, or any other community patch, will eventually bring back the Custom Campaigns.

Can't you just downgrade to 1.26 and play custom campaigns?

For Blizzard, Reforged multiplayer is worth more than single player, so don't expect anything. The major reason why they introduced online-only authentication, stricter World Editor EULA and new Battle.Net features is only FOR multiplayer. So single player stuff is the least on their priority list.

That's not even close to a solution. I, for one, like the new graphics, and I'm very much looking forward to playing Spoon's coop, Re-reforged campaing and Chronicles of the Second War once we get custom campaigns again.

Level 13
No, I can't. Many new Custom Campaigns are only playable on 1.30 or even 1.31. I have downgraded to 1.31, but that's not the solution. We're all basically using pirated versions, which is "not good", but it's the only thing we can do.

And the new Battle.net is not just cause of multiplayer. Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 are mostly single player games, yet they're fully integrated into Battle.net, it's simply how they've been releasing games in the last 15 years.

Level 21
There actually is a surprising number of custom maps open with a good amount of players during regular european times.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
No, I can't. Many new Custom Campaigns are only playable on 1.30 or even 1.31. [...]
Many custom campaigns have existed since many years. The problem here is that their developers do not always provide a repository of (some of) the previous versions which do work on legally downloaded versions of WC3, such as for example the 1.27a2 version which is legally downloadable from Blizzard's own servers. For whatever reasons, a very few of these developers may behave as if these previous versions of their own campaign(s) from, let's say, 2017 / 2018 or even before, have never existed at all. Some may even go as far as to not even respond to a request for one of these previous versions from way back which are compatible with a legally owned previous version of the game.

[...] We're all basically using pirated versions, which is "not good", but it's the only thing we can do. [...]

yoda.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.