• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So will I need to have a different hashtable for each object I intend to store, such as hashtable for units, hashtable for locations, etc... or can one hashtable cover all bases?

Level 2
so ive clearned up my map of all return bugs (i thought i did but i guess not) and i got the newest pjass thinger, and i changed my config file... when i save my map, it comes up with no errors, but then i still cant play the map (using test map and going into wc3 and trying to play it) would it still be the return bug causing this?

Level 4
lol at your name, whale boobs
Yeah, that's the return bug. Basically, you need to fix your map.

Yeah, just saw a pictures of a whale penis but im not so into that so whale boobs fits me very well.

Alright.. Any tips on how to do this, Im not so familiar with Jass but i understand the basics.

So what do i need to change? Do i need to put every single variable into a hash table? Help appreciated.

Yeah, just saw a pictures of a whale penis but im not so into that so whale boobs fits me very well.

Alright.. Any tips on how to do this, Im not so familiar with Jass but i understand the basics.

So what do i need to change? Do i need to put every single variable into a hash table? Help appreciated.
I don't know what you need to change without seeing the codes in your map which cause the errors. Basically, any instance of using H2I or anything similar has to be replaced. If you're using Local Handle Vars, replace it with Faux Handle Vars. Anything else, just ask me.

Level 4
I don't know what you need to change without seeing the codes in your map which cause the errors. Basically, any instance of using H2I or anything similar has to be replaced. If you're using Local Handle Vars, replace it with Faux Handle Vars. Anything else, just ask me.

Damn, im not sure but im using "CS_H2I" and "CS Gamecache".

My code begins with:
Code:
function CS_H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return h
    return 0
endfunction

//=================================================================================================
// Main Gamecache handler
//
function CSCache takes nothing returns gamecache
    if udg_cscache==null then
        call FlushGameCache(InitGameCache("CasterSystem.vx"))
        set udg_cscache=InitGameCache("CasterSystem.vx")
        call StoreInteger(udg_cscache,"misc","TableMaxReleasedIndex",100)
    endif
 return udg_cscache
endfunction

I uploaded the map if someone wants to take a look; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZEACIUC
I hate hash tables. >.<

Level 12
Damn, im not sure but im using "CS_H2I" and "CS Gamecache".

My code begins with:
Code:
function CS_H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return h
    return 0
endfunction

//=================================================================================================
// Main Gamecache handler
//
function CSCache takes nothing returns gamecache
    if udg_cscache==null then
        call FlushGameCache(InitGameCache("CasterSystem.vx"))
        set udg_cscache=InitGameCache("CasterSystem.vx")
        call StoreInteger(udg_cscache,"misc","TableMaxReleasedIndex",100)
    endif
 return udg_cscache
endfunction

I uploaded the map if someone wants to take a look; http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZEACIUC
I hate hash tables. >.<

You must learn to love it, its the only way to fix your problem, since you're using CSCache.

just create one hashtable,

Also if you have any systems, you might one to check those, since most systems doesn't work in 1.24. CSSafeCache which was suppose to comply with 1.24 does not...

pretend that parent key is the target handle, and the child key is the string identifier in CSCache. You will need GetHandleId() to convert the target handle to an integer key, and you will need StringHash to convert your string identifier to an integer key as well.

Then wallah, just like CSCache...

Level 4
You must learn to love it, its the only way to fix your problem, since you're using CSCache.

just create one hashtable,

Also if you have any systems, you might one to check those, since most systems doesn't work in 1.24. CSSafeCache which was suppose to comply with 1.24 does not...

pretend that parent key is the target handle, and the child key is the string identifier in CSCache. You will need GetHandleId() to convert the target handle to an integer key, and you will need StringHash to convert your string identifier to an integer key as well.

Then wallah, just like CSCache...

Ah well, Thx for your answer sounds pretty understandable but in practice i just have no idea of what to do.

So do i really need to learn how to fix CSCache or can i wait for blizzard to fix these issues? Or should i re-create my map from step one and try to include hash tables? (now that would be really annoying)

Thx for helping me out

Level 12
Ah well, Thx for your answer sounds pretty understandable but in practice i just have no idea of what to do.

So do i really need to learn how to fix CSCache or can i wait for blizzard to fix these issues? Or should i re-create my map from step one and try to include hash tables? (now that would be really annoying)

Thx for helping me out

Don't, you know what to do, just be patient.

They won't fix the issue on your part, CSCache uses return bug and return bug is gone!

An Example

JASS:
function b takes nothing returns nothing
call BJDebugMsg(GetAttachedString(GetExpiredTimer(),"msg"))
endfunction

function a takes nothing returns nothing
local timer m = CreateTimer()
local string s = "hi"
call AttachString(m,"msg",s)
call TimerStart(m,10,false,function b)
endfunction

This is what you nromally do with CSCache, now do the following.

JASS:
function b takes nothing returns nothing
call BJDebugMsg(LoadStr(udg_table,GetHandleId(GetExpiredTimer()),StringHash("msg")))
endfunction

function a takes nothing returns nothing
local timer m = CreateTimer()
local string s = "hi"
call SaveStr(udg_table,GetHandleId(m),StringHash("msg"),s)
call TimerStart(m,10,false,function b)
endfunction

Assuming you've created a global hashtable variable udg_table. Notice the replacement, they are identical and simple, you can obviously do this.

The list of natives you're going to need.

JASS:
type hashtable extends handle

native GetHandleId takes handle h returns integer

native StringHash takes string s returns integer

native InitHashtable takes nothing returns hashtable

native SaveInteger takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, integer value returns nothing

native SaveReal takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, real value returns nothing

native SaveBoolean takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, boolean value returns nothing

native SaveStr takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, string value returns boolean

native SavePlayerHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, player whichPlayer returns boolean

native SaveWidgetHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, widget whichWidget returns boolean

native SaveDestructableHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, destructable whichDestructable returns boolean

native SaveItemHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, item whichItem returns boolean

native SaveUnitHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, unit whichUnit returns boolean

native SaveAbilityHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, ability whichAbility returns boolean

native SaveTimerHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, timer whichTimer returns boolean

native SaveTriggerHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, trigger whichTrigger returns boolean

native SaveTriggerConditionHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, triggercondition whichTriggercondition returns boolean

native SaveTriggerActionHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, triggeraction whichTriggeraction returns boolean

native SaveTriggerEventHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, event whichEvent returns boolean

native SaveForceHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, force whichForce returns boolean

native SaveGroupHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, group whichGroup returns boolean

native SaveLocationHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, location whichLocation returns boolean

native SaveRectHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, rect whichRect returns boolean

native SaveBooleanExprHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, boolexpr whichBoolexpr returns boolean

native SaveSoundHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, sound whichSound returns boolean

native SaveEffectHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, effect whichEffect returns boolean

native SaveUnitPoolHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, unitpool whichUnitpool returns boolean

native SaveItemPoolHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, itempool whichItempool returns boolean

native SaveQuestHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, quest whichQuest returns boolean

native SaveQuestItemHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, questitem whichQuestitem returns boolean

native SaveDefeatConditionHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, defeatcondition whichDefeatcondition returns boolean

native SaveTimerDialogHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, timerdialog whichTimerdialog returns boolean

native SaveLeaderboardHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, leaderboard whichLeaderboard returns boolean

native SaveMultiboardHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, multiboard whichMultiboard returns boolean

native SaveMultiboardItemHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, multiboarditem whichMultiboarditem returns boolean

native SaveTrackableHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, trackable whichTrackable returns boolean

native SaveDialogHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, dialog whichDialog returns boolean

native SaveButtonHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, button whichButton returns boolean

native SaveTextTagHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, texttag whichTexttag returns boolean

native SaveLightningHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, lightning whichLightning returns boolean

native SaveImageHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, image whichImage returns boolean

native SaveUbersplatHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, ubersplat whichUbersplat returns boolean

native SaveRegionHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, region whichRegion returns boolean

native SaveFogStateHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, fogstate whichFogState returns boolean

native SaveFogModifierHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey, fogmodifier whichFogModifier returns boolean

native LoadInteger takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns integer

native LoadReal takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns real

native LoadBoolean takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns boolean

native LoadStr takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns string

native LoadPlayerHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns player

native LoadWidgetHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns widget

native LoadDestructableHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns destructable

native LoadItemHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns item

native LoadUnitHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns unit

native LoadAbilityHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns ability

native LoadTimerHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns timer

native LoadTriggerHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns trigger

native LoadTriggerConditionHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns triggercondition

native LoadTriggerActionHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns triggeraction

native LoadTriggerEventHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns event

native LoadForceHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns force

native LoadGroupHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns group

native LoadLocationHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns location

native LoadRectHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns rect

native LoadBooleanExprHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns boolexpr

native LoadSoundHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns sound

native LoadEffectHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns effect

native LoadUnitPoolHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns unitpool

native LoadItemPoolHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns itempool

native LoadQuestHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns quest

native LoadQuestItemHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns questitem

native LoadDefeatConditionHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns defeatcondition

native LoadTimerDialogHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns timerdialog

native LoadLeaderboardHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns leaderboard

native LoadMultiboardHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns multiboard

native LoadMultiboardItemHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns multiboarditem

native LoadTrackableHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns trackable

native LoadDialogHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns dialog

native LoadButtonHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns button

native LoadTextTagHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns texttag

native LoadLightningHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns lightning

native LoadImageHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns image

native LoadUbersplatHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns ubersplat

native LoadRegionHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns region

native LoadFogStateHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns fogstate

native LoadFogModifierHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns fogmodifier

native HaveSavedInteger takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns boolean

native HaveSavedReal takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns boolean

native HaveSavedBoolean takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns boolean

native HaveSavedString takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns boolean

native HaveSavedHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns boolean

native RemoveSavedInteger takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns nothing

native RemoveSavedReal takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns nothing

native RemoveSavedBoolean takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns nothing

native RemoveSavedString takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns nothing

native RemoveSavedHandle takes hashtable table, integer parentKey, integer childKey returns nothing

native FlushParentHashtable takes hashtable table returns nothing

native FlushChildHashtable takes hashtable table, integer parentKey returns nothing

8 mbs... but will ppl dl 8mb maps?!??! I'm sure this will be fortunate for DotA since players usually don't care waiting to dl for dota or they usually go to getdota.com...

You're assuming people will make 8mb maps.

Look at the current maps... they barely reach 4mb. This isn't going to change anything for maps other than DotA and possibly large RPGs.

Something is really annoying me *newbie detected xD*

I've updated JNGP to 1.5d. I've changed the .j files stated in the first post. I've substituted some files posted by DrSuperGood. However, all those files (except JNGP) keeps getting back to their old version whenever I open JNGP, and so I get compile errors in Blizzard.j like "undefined type hashtable"...

What am I doing wrong? I've already tried restarting my PC and reinstalling Warcraft... Nothing seems to work =/

Level 9
Awesome, got it downloaded through some server. Just got faster internet now, and its pretty impressive than what we had before. The 8-mb maps sounds like a nice offer to, considering faster internet.

Level 19
Meaning like, a new quick fix patch(Example: 1.24b or something like that) to fix certain other problems players have been complaining about, and by the way, what's the website which has the player comments on the Blizzard Patch? The Blizzard Website? What is it called?

Level 15
Well, will 1.24b be released?

it will be released as soon as possible! blizzard is working on it but still has buggs and so... i just checked hashtables and it seems they work fully now. the problem is that again return bug was not fixed.. and they said that they work on it so, yeah we expect it to come out soon. i guess in next few weeks...

btw patch 1.24 works perfectly for me, i dont know whats all this mess whit stuff that does not work... i have not updated anything other then patch itself and NGWE works without any problems.

Level 2
Quite frankly, I am really disappointed with Blizzard right now.

This patch just messes everything up. Old maps that used to work fine now cannot be loaded at all, and these maps are basically the only thing I host on Battle.net. So yeah, basically can't play battle.net anymore because of this new patch. It seems like these maps are never going to be able to work properly after they fix this "diabolical" return bug, which I have never encountered in my 4 or 5 years of playing Warcraft. Seriously, what the f*ck is the return bug, anyway?

Like all patches, this patch makes replays unreadable, so no more replays :\ .

Oh, and this is the best part. The world editor on the mac has never been upgraded for literally a year, so these cute new natives that blizzard added don't work. What that means is that I can't make triggers anymore, which makes the world editor next to useless. Way to go guys.

This may very well be the greatest patch ever. I would really love to be payed for destroying my own game if I was a Blizzard employee.

I really hope they get this sorted out soon...

Level 19
Every patch is like this, except this is the worst one, and also, Blizzard is trying to make this back to normal by unleashing their second Nuke, version 1.24b, right now DotA has solved a lot of it, Hive is trying to, and other forums are struggling to but might just succeed.

Level 20
as i said
for%20the%20lulz.jpg

Level 13

This patch just messes everything up. Old maps that used to work fine now cannot be loaded at all, and these maps are basically the only thing I host on Battle.net. So yeah, basically can't play battle.net anymore because of this new patch. It seems like these maps are never going to be able to work properly after they fix this "diabolical" return bug, which I have never encountered in my 4 or 5 years of playing Warcraft. Seriously, what the f*ck is the return bug, anyway?

Oh, and this is the best part. The world editor on the mac has never been upgraded for literally a year, so these cute new natives that blizzard added don't work. What that means is that I can't make triggers anymore, which makes the world editor next to useless. Way to go guys.

This may very well be the greatest patch ever. I would really love to be payed for destroying my own game if I was a Blizzard employee.

That happens when people talk sh*t without even knowing what they say.
This return bug, isn't a bug that occurs to you.
It is a bug in the preprocessor of warcraft that compiles the jass-code which controls everything in the map. This bug allowed the coder to transform types into others. For example, it was possible to transform a unit into a individual number (it's still with the new function). This typecasting was very important for warcraft mapping, but it had a problem.
It was possible to write bitcode (dunno what exactly) and transform it into code that gets executed on your computer. Theoreticly it was possible to create a virus that copies itself onto your computer whenever you play the map...
For sure, that MACs don't get supported sucks quite hard, but this patch was necessary.

Level 12
All you GUI and non-mapmakers, really have no idea what the return bug is, do you?
JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
     return h
     return 0
endfunction

If you really care so much, open the map with some kind of deprotector, and put this instead...
JASS:
 function H2I takes handle h returns integer
     return GetHandleId(h)
endfunction

And your problems are over.
Stop dissing Blizz. They are saving you from Trojans and other viruses.
Over 100 computers got viruses from playing a crappy version of Dota, by disguisindg it cleverly.
All you are going down. The only thing I would have to say is TOTALLY wrong, is the macs can't do anything about it. I don't own a mac, but I still think that is prejudice.
Good luck to all you map saviors, in reparing all the maps.

Level 15

its like Justify said!

it really was important! reason why it was not fixed before is coz blizzard thought that they will leave that "return bug" (they said its just an typecast) but know when someone discoverd and started using this to make viruses or smth more... blizzard was forced to fix it!

its not jet fully fixed, it seems 1.24b will do it fully...

blizzards main problem is that they work preaty bad with memory, i know that its almost the hardest work (work with advanced pointers) but its a must so yeah i really agree blizzard should fix there works... but they dont have time to do that since it will require recoding of most of jass and cpp part and so on...

to solve ur problem with new patch in world editor! well u will be able to code in ur old style in GUI but new natives will not be accessable... to fix it copy and past blizzard.j and common.j files to your warcraft iii folder. ofc not new ones but 1.23 ones...

then u will be able to work with all old functions... well no new natives i know its pain but we can only hope that blizzard will make it for mac to... i mean i am on windows but that does not mean that blizzard should only make it windows compatible..

Level 21
Stop dissing Blizz. They are saving you from Trojans and other viruses..

No they did not. Hey, I could live with a patch breaking backwards compatibility. I could live with having to replace all H2I calls. But blizzard did NOT fix the actual exploit. I could live with the new patch if they actually did it the right way.

No, what they did now is overcomplicate the compiler, introducing new bugs that have nothing to do with the exploit, even breaking their own maps and other maps too that do not use the returnbug or don't even use jass. Yes, I've had a GUI map that causes the editor to crash because they apparently made some crucial change to GUI too. Frack, we were unable to open wc3:wow campaign because of the new patch. That your map doesn't work, I can accept, but that world edit suddenly crashes? No.

I could live with a patch ruining backwards compatibility, if they hadn't screwed it up like this. Yes, I can perfectly dis blizzard for introducing new bugs and not even fixing the exploit.

Level 15
I'm too lazy to type up my actual thoughts about this, so I'll just quote Vexorian. Some of this may seem out of context.
Vexorian said:
You seem to be missing a lot of context to this discussion. The return bug allowed an exploit, you know maps with viruses on them. Not only that but it was apparently not enough with banning code returns, so they had to remove the return bug.

If the return bug was correctly removed, they would be fixing an exploit. The only reason that this patch doesn't fix anything is because they didn't remove the return bug correctly. Fixing security vulnerabilities often are more important than any 'promise' [blizzard's promise not to remove the return bug]

Nobody in his right mind used anything but H2I anyway, there were countless of opportunities to stop using the other return bug exploiters these last 3 years. They added GetHandleId, So, really, the problem is not with the decision to remove the return bug, it wouldn't really harm maps that much , the real problem is with the fact they didn't remove it correctly, causing false negatives and false positives. It is a bug not a feature.

Level 15
No they did not. Hey, I could live with a patch breaking backwards compatibility. I could live with having to replace all H2I calls. But blizzard did NOT fix the actual exploit. I could live with the new patch if they actually did it the right way.

No, what they did now is overcomplicate the compiler, introducing new bugs that have nothing to do with the exploit, even breaking their own maps and other maps too that do not use the returnbug or don't even use jass. Yes, I've had a GUI map that causes the editor to crash because they apparently made some crucial change to GUI too. Frack, we were unable to open wc3:wow campaign because of the new patch. That your map doesn't work, I can accept, but that world edit suddenly crashes? No.

I could live with a patch ruining backwards compatibility, if they hadn't screwed it up like this. Yes, I can perfectly dis blizzard for introducing new bugs and not even fixing the exploit.

hmm indeed true! i checked GUI code since i am making EGUI and there code is fully unreadable, randonly wrote and even bugged... wtf? i used new GUI and it has SaveAbilityHandle and others which causes GUI to crash... since this types do not exist... i recoded some part and ofc true hashtable stuff in my EGUI works fine, campaigns load fine as well...

last thing might be that you used UMSWE or EGUI but not my EGUI but some other one i heard... since my is not released yet.

if you used UMSWE or any other GUI then yes campaign might not work ever again...

still there is a way to fix it.

install again patch 1.23 and now open the campaign, edit all missions which use any action of UMSWE or any other custom GUI and then save campaign... install 1.24 again and enjoy!

its true that 1.24 did not fix return bug fully and as far as i know it will be fixed in 1.24b which is supposed to come out some time soon!

Greets!
~Dark Dragon

Level 15
Normal GUI.

ahh my bad k! if its so then yeah must be that god damn bad new GUI which is coded so bad! belive me its really bad or better to say a mess coz hashtable functions in gamecache... no comment as well as some inserted in boolean returns :S best of all is that a tone of bugged ones are added. i am sure that with my JNGPS which will have installer for EGUI and fixed blizzard one will fix ur problems! if not then its something else in this new blizzards mess.

i might as well need a screenshoot of what does it tell u (that error when u load the campaign might help me)

Greets!
~DD

Status
Not open for further replies.