• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I2U in 1.24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Code:
function I2U takes integer i returns unit
  return i
  call DoNothing()
  return null
endfunction

"i" is a stored integer from gamecache, stored as integer from GetHandleId(h)

The function I2U doesn't seem to work in 1.24, yes it compiles fine thanks to "call DoNothing()" but you can no longer retrieve the unit handle from "return i", I2Timer, I2Effect or I2AnyGameObject don't work in 1.24 too.

I know there are new hash table methods implemented in 1.24 to store game object handles, but it would be too much work to do a total conversion, I wonder if there is a way to make a 1.24 compatible I2U or I2Anything without switching to hashtable.

Thanks.

Level 29
You could store the handle in a hashtable with the key (or whatever it's called in wc3) being the handle too.

call Store_or_whatever(GetHandleId(h),0,h)

And now it's a simple retrieval of

h = Retrive_or_whatever(GetHandleId(h),0)

Can't think why you would ever need this.

Level 3
I tried everything but still can't store or load any object handle with the old method, so I had to convert them into the SaveSomeHandle hash stuff. Anyways thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.