• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Version 1.24 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey everyone,

Recently I have caught the new version of Warcraft III, being version 1.24, fixes include (also fixing the return bug on JASS):

PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES

- Added new JASS hash table functions to replace the lost functionality from
fixing unsafe type casting.
- Hash Table - Save Item Handle
- Hash Table - Save Unit Handle
- Hash Table - Load Item Handle
- Hash Table - Load Unit Handle
- Hash Table - Get Handle ID

FIXES

- Fixed an exploit related to unsafe type casting that allowed users to
execute arbitrary code in maps.
- Fixed the JASS unsafe type casting exploit ("return bug").
- Fixed several World Editor crashes.

At this time, you can obtain it from Battle.net where it will automatically download the patch once you enter the server Westfall, I will inform you all when it will be released to the web-pages of Blizzard. Currently, get it from Battle.net where it will instantly download it for you once you enter.

I would also like to point out what redmarine has said, though not released to the public (so you can say it is not released yet), you can only obtain it from the server Westfall in Battle.net.

Andy Phan (pha0001).

Last edited:
Level 9
So it's out? Will be online later this evening, and see for myself.
Yes, its out. Still it hasn't been uploaded to their site, but it will only fix problems for JASS and for the World Editor.

Weird because I play on Garena with vercas but it doesn't work, so I go on Battle.net and it downloads it all of a sudden telling me to restart. The patch took effect and showed me it was version 1.24. Gaming ain't much currently, just fixes.

Level 19
Yes, its out. Still it hasn't been uploaded to their site, but it will only fix problems for JASS and for the World Editor.

Weird because I play on Garena with vercas but it doesn't work, so I go on Battle.net and it downloads it all of a sudden telling me to restart. The patch took effect and showed me it was version 1.24. Gaming ain't much currently, just fixes.

It is not on the official servers only on the official beta testing server called Westfall.

So basically it's not out yet.

Level 9
Oh crap! I can't load some scenario's anymore, such as DotA and some other maps. I have done some research and now Blizzard has made the JASS language explicit, including the return bug. If possible, could anyone point out a example of a return bug and what can be resolved for version 1.24, I can't load some of my favorite scenario's anymore.

It is not on the official servers only on the official beta testing server called Westfall.

So basically it's not out yet.

Oh okay, thanks. The new version seems to be troubling me with such JASS and relating to World Editor fixes, but I will have to do some research. ;)

Level 19
Oh crap! I can't load some scenario's anymore, such as DotA and some other maps. I have done some research and now Blizzard has made the JASS language explicit, including the return bug. If possible, could anyone point out a example of a return bug and what can be resolved for version 1.24, I can't load some of my favorite scenario's anymore.

Oh okay, thanks. The new version seems to be troubling me with such JASS and relating to World Editor fixes, but I will have to do some research. ;)

Any use of the return bug will cause an incompatibility issue. Although I've heard that it is indeed possible to use it with some tricks.

Blizzard will be working with IceFrog to ensure that the map will be compatible.

Level 9
Any use of the return bug will cause an incompatibility issue. Although I've heard that it is indeed possible to use it with some tricks.

Blizzard will be working with IceFrog to ensure that the map will be compatible.
Hmm... thanks. I'll be using version 1.23 for the meantime, and I heard there are some tricks, like using "DoNothing()" in returning the function.

Thanks, and hopefully they will fix it soon. But I wonder if there is a way to typecast without using the return bug (besides converting a handle to integer or string). At the moment I know you can convert the basics from GUI (integer to string), but is it possible to convert for example integer to item without any causes of the use of return bug's?

Status
Not open for further replies.