• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
1.24 has now been officially released. This means that spells section purge will be starting as soon as possible, and you should all be ready to re-release all old maps and spells which may be affected by the patch.

The changelog:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES

- Added new JASS hash table functions to replace the lost functionality from 
   fixing unsafe type casting.
   - Hash Table - Save Item Handle
   - Hash Table - Save Unit Handle
   - Hash Table - Load Item Handle
   - Hash Table - Load Unit Handle
   - Hash Table - Get Handle ID

FIXES

- Fixed an exploit related to unsafe type casting that allowed users to 
   execute arbitrary code in maps.
- Fixed the JASS unsafe type casting exploit ("return bug").
- Fixed several World Editor crashes.

Also, thanks to Glica for pointing out this bit that was only included on www.battle.net:

Code:
• “Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
• Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer)
• Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable
• Added getSpellTargetX and getSpellTargetY natives
• Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
• Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types
• Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.
• Increased max map file size from 4MB to 8MB.

Apparently the "return bug" workaround still has not been fixed, so hopefully blizzard will get on that already. Also, for all you JassNewGen/WEHelper/etc users, be careful; PJass will not report the Return Bug as a compile error.

• First, ensure you have JassNewGenPack5d.
  • Next, open <your JNGP folder>\jasshelper\
  • Next, replace the common.j file and Blizzard.j file with the ones included in this post.

If you get a bunch of "unregistered native function" errors, make sure to select "Disable WE Syntax Checking" in the Grimoire menu.

--------

For people who can't successfully use the test map feature in JassNewGenPack, uncheck "Enable Reinventing the Craft" in the Reinventing the Craft menu.

--------

For those of you who are complaining that your map does not run after a successful compile, this is because it did not actually succeed in compiling; rather, pJass is still compatible with the return bug and thus will not report it as an error.

To fix this, try getting the raw JASS behind your vJASS code (if applicable) and then compiling it in a test map in the vanilla World Editor.

Also, be careful with Vexorian's Map Optimizer's older versions (the newest one is apparently mostly functional) (explanation).

Attachments

• scripts.zip
    84.2 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
Level 40
Um, how to download 1.24. The download doesn't start for me on any server and on the westafll server i can't even connect.
Worked fine for me, but a friend of mine had to reinstall wc3.

Don't purge spell section and map section. New patch have to many errors.
The maps section isn't being purged. The spells section will be, as the patch problems don't mean the return bug doesn't have to be removed.

Level 12
This update is a total chaos, are the new natives even working properly? The update is mandatory now right, meaning its no longer beta? If so I'ma have to update some stuff with my two maps...

2aeuzio.jpg

Level 6
Replace the common.j in <your jngp folder>\JassHelper\ with the one in your War3Patch.mpq.

I replaced both Blizzard.j and common.j

Can you please explain how to solve the problem with some more detail ?

I tried your files and the one in my *.mpq. No effect.

ps: I'm using the latest Jass New Gen Pack ( 1.5d )

edit: Same for De.Facto, Hanky & M]ath

Level 2
Compile errors for Jasspack. Any way to fix? Inserting the blizzard.j and common.j doesn't work. This is what happens when I try to save any map.

Error.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
Rescue me!

I replaced CSCache calls with the hashtable natives call and removed all return bugs. Map compiled succesfuly, but when I try to test it, wc3 crashes.

Same thing happens when I try to select the map in wc3, nothing shows up, as if wc3 can't read the map.

Level 3
i suggest that you leave the editor alone because it's quite broken(trigger editor wise), just wait until blizzard fixes it. this is a wonderful chance to build patience!

lol

Level 12
This is F!!
FFFFF!!!!!!!!!

I even disabled all the spells that uses Data structs because I heard typecasting also makes the world edit crash, but wth... same thing!

Is this intentionnaly done to screw my 3 months of work including my website that depends on my maps!!?!!? F blizzard if they don't solve this.

EDIT!!!!

This will thrill you all

I removed all triggers in my maps, scripts etc removed!

ERROR! ERROR! ERROR!

Level 15
check this kinda stuff guy. some stuff changed...for example, if/else returning is different now.
masda70 said:
I just opened WorldEditor 1.24 (no JNGP, no hacks).

This compiles:

JASS:
function test takes nothing returns boolean
   if false then
        return true
    elseif true then
         return true
    endif
    return false
endfunction

this doesn't compile:

JASS:
   if false then
        return true
    elseif true then
    endif
    return false
endfunction

The first error points at the "return false" line and says: "Invalid type for specified operator."

This compiles:

JASS:
    if false then
        return false
    elseif false then
        return false
    else

endif
        call BJDebugMsg("test")
    return false
endfunction

This doesn't compile:

JASS:
    if false then
        return false
    elseif false then
        return false
    else
        call BJDebugMsg("test")
    endif

return false
endfunction

When it compiles, I've noticed the expected behaviour (with a debug msg).

Level 15
I just revealed another f uped!

I created a blank map, tested it and WORLD EDIT CRASHED! Yet if I create a new map using normal WE, its fine.

JNGP 5d not compatible?!?!?!

If you are using JassNewGenPack and need to fix it for 1.24, do the following:
First, ensure you have JassNewGenPack5d.
Next, open <your JNGP folder>\jasshelper\
Next, replace the common.j file and Blizzard.j file with the ones included in this post.

EDIT2:

This only seems to work for some people. Not sure what the problem is for the rest.

try this. unless you're an unlucky person. also, I advise you relax. It's just warcraft III. I know it's frustrating, but you'll live.

Level 12
try this. unless you're an unlucky person. also, I advise you relax. It's just warcraft III. I know it's frustrating, but you'll live.

Yep same thing hapened! maybe i have to copy paste using my own mpq.

EDIT* Same thing.. you kno what, ima just go to sleep and have a good dream! Hope everything will turn out good tmrw with a new patch!!! better be soon...

Level 6

Yeah it's just that I'm working hard on Chernobyl - Lost Riddles and I want to release it. With the release of this map I'm totally done with war3. I just want to finish this one project. I took some time to work on it and I cannot test the stuff I'm creating. That's pretty bollocks.

But well, I'm not taking it too serious

Level 9
Hmm, I did as purplepoot said but newgen still compiles it all without showin me the errors that I know are in there since it wont load, no idea what to do at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.