• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Haha. I dont know much about it either, cus im no jasser. I can just tell you, its something old, and blizzard never seemed to fix it. (thats what i know, it might also be new, im not that much into it XD)

My only bug so far has been that my JassHelper fucked it up when i saved my map. So i turned it off. But that bug was there in v1.23 too if i dont remember right. But i cant really remember. Anyway, i dont use JASS, so it sok :p

Level 19
Wow, the problem is getting to a point where even IceFrog has to be involved, this would probably be the biggest Warcraft III crisis ever...

Level 19
There has to be something we can do, we're the Hive, we always have a solution to stuff like this... Are we just gonna give up? Wait, wait, aren't we the people who shown those others that Battle.net room capacity isn't limited(WarSoc), WoW can be nice in Warcraft III(Warcraft III: World Of Warcraft), we have our own rules(NewGen World Editor) and that we can be better than DotA anytime(51k members, all talking about different topics instead of just one DotA)? If we can do those stuff, we can fix this...

Level 19
"We are the Hive"
"We can do (Almost) anything"
"We are the champions"
"So who's with me?"

PS: I might be a bit insane, don't mind me, I'm jumpy...

Level 5
Of course, you can always reinstall, update to the version BEFORE this new failpatch, then use Hamachi. But that takes too long and every WC3 player doesn't want to go through that (Except DotA fans).

And as for backup plans, lets have the monkeys over at Blizzard's offices smack the keyboards for a few days.

Level 5
If someone wants to make an add-on for NewGen that completely removes the effect of the update in the WE, then someone upload a good patch and add a Server to the list, not really. It'd be useless and by the time someone finishes the monkeys would be done. Unless, of course, they broke the keyboards.

Level 20

for%20the%20lulz.jpg

Besides the tables and return bug ofc

If any of you are unable to even open your map to fix the problems, first try reinstalling WC3. If that still doesn't solve the problem, open up your map in an MPQ editor and export your script files. From there you can try to repair them and then import them back into your map with the MPQ editor.

Level 9
So its simply using hashtables instead of handles now with the new patch, or is it a little more complicated than that, I just need to know if handles, integers, and reals can still be converted into other warcraft objects (units, items, destructibles, effects, etc).

Level 23
PurplePoot said:
EDIT4:

For those of you who are complaining that your map does not run after a successful compile, this is because it did not actually succeed in compiling; rather, pJass (in JassNewgen) is still compatible with the return bug and thus will not report it as an error.

To fix this, try getting the raw JASS behind your vJASS code (if applicable) and then compiling it in a test map in the vanilla World Editor.

I guess this is due to not updating the jasshelper.conf
In order to do so, (since I can't find the post where Vexorian said it, but thank him for it...) open the jassheper.conf in notepad or whatever, and replace everything with the following:
Code:
// tweaked jasshelper.conf for newgen pack, notice that in this setup grimoire's main folder is jasshelper's work folder (.)

[lookupfolders]
// Just type the folders where //! import would look for if relative paths where used, include the final \
// embed them in quotes
// example: "c:\"
// The order causes priority:
".\jass\"

[externaltools]
// this is for //! external NAME args the syntax is "NAME","executable path"
// example:
//"OBJMERGE","c:\kool.exe"

//* 
//* grimextension pack by pitzermike:
//*
"FileImporter","grimext\FileImporter.exe"
"ObjectMerger","grimext\ObjectMerger.exe"
"PathMapper","grimext\PathMapper.exe"
"TileSetter","gimext\TileSetter.exe"
"ConstantMerger","grimext\ConstantMerger.exe"
"TriggerMerger","grimext\TriggerMerger.exe"
"FileExporter","grimext\\FileExporter.exe"
"PatchGenerator","grimext\\PatchGenerator.exe"

[jasscompiler]
"pjass.exe"
"$COMMONJ +rb $BLIZZARDJ -rb $WAR3MAPJ"

I guess it is the last part of it which is the key to the solutions, but in case it wouln't be, replace everything. Also make sure that it is in the JNGP folder, not in the Jasshelper one.

Level 12
When does a new version of Jasscraft come out?
I got it to use the new natives in the list, but I can still use return bug, AND it doesn't treat them as they should (Syntax errors, and no color highlights)
Jasshelper don't wok on my comp.
How do you run 7.z files? Then I can use it.

Level 23
@ Eccho

That doesn't fix JassHelper not recognising the return bug, however, does it?

looks like it does:)
15f0mk2.jpg

It hit me, you might need the newest pJass, which is not included in jngp5d if I recall it right. Since I forgot the thread where that was found as well, get it here.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=z3ltnu

When does a new version of Jasscraft come out?
I got it to use the new natives in the list, but I can still use return bug, AND it doesn't treat them as they should (Syntax errors, and no color highlights)
Jasshelper don't wok on my comp.
How do you run 7.z files? Then I can use it.

Jasscraft has been long gone for a time now. I don't think there ever will be an update.
Perhaps what you need is the latest pJass as well, see above.
7.z files can be extracted by winrar

Level 4
Right, did you try both?

I can confirm that it was the new pJass and not the config file.

Err anyone know what to do with all the hundereds compile errors:
"Cannot convert returned value from handle to integer"
So.. fucking.. annoying.. >.<

Is this the so called return bug couse on every error line there is "return null" or "return 0"?

Status
Not open for further replies.