1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

1.24 Released!

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by PurplePoot, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Rescue me!

I replaced CSCache calls with the hashtable natives call and removed all return bugs. Map compiled succesfuly, but when I try to test it, wc3 crashes.

Same thing happens when I try to select the map in wc3, nothing shows up, as if wc3 can't read the map.

2. skull09

skull09

Resources:
    Resources:
    i suggest that you leave the editor alone because it's quite broken(trigger editor wise), just wait until blizzard fixes it. this is a wonderful chance to build patience!

lol

3. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is F!!
    FFFFF!!!!!!!!!

I even disabled all the spells that uses Data structs because I heard typecasting also makes the world edit crash, but wth... same thing!

Is this intentionnaly done to screw my 3 months of work including my website that depends on my maps!!?!!? F blizzard if they don't solve this.

EDIT!!!!

This will thrill you all

I removed all triggers in my maps, scripts etc removed!

Guess WHAT?
    ERROR! ERROR! ERROR!

4. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    check this kinda stuff guy. some stuff changed...for example, if/else returning is different now.

5. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just revealed another f uped!

I created a blank map, tested it and WORLD EDIT CRASHED! Yet if I create a new map using normal WE, its fine.

JNGP 5d not compatible?!?!?!

6. bigapple90

bigapple90

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Isnt that because there needs to be another endif ?

7. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    try this. unless you're an unlucky person. also, I advise you relax. It's just warcraft III. I know it's frustrating, but you'll live.

8. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yep same thing hapened! maybe i have to copy paste using my own mpq.

EDIT* Same thing.. you kno what, ima just go to sleep and have a good dream! Hope everything will turn out good tmrw with a new patch!!! better be soon...

9. Darkt3mpl3r

Darkt3mpl3r

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yeah it's just that I'm working hard on Chernobyl - Lost Riddles and I want to release it. With the release of this map I'm totally done with war3. I just want to finish this one project. I took some time to work on it and I cannot test the stuff I'm creating. That's pretty bollocks.

But well, I'm not taking it too serious

10. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm, I did as purplepoot said but newgen still compiles it all without showin me the errors that I know are in there since it wont load, no idea what to do at this point.

11. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Extract this baby into your JNGP folder and it worked for me. It is actually from eccho and is what he used and fixed all errors I was receiving. Basically it seems that JNGP's most recent version is broken for some PCs like mine and gives syntax errors by default unless you extract this into it and replace some of the files.

I tried it out and it works perfectly for the new natives when compiling.

Attached Files:

12. Avrion

Avrion

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm still getting the save error after extracting the files.

13. maskedpoptart

maskedpoptart

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Finally it's officially released. I love the new natives, but...

The return bug still exists! Blizzard RUINED backwards compatability for nothing... unless they actually fix the bug in the near future. Even so, they should have waited until they had completely fixed the bug before fucking up good old maps.

14. EternalSoul9213

EternalSoul9213

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello I've been a long time user of the hive just for downloading maps to try them out. I saw some mention of the new patch making maps not playable anymore. I was wondering to how many maps does this apply to? I tried hosting one game on b.net and it wouldn't start, then I tried to host another game but it said it could not find the map. Then looking through the game list I had the picture of the map, whether it be the terrrain or some rather fancy looking picture, wouldn't show up. As in if I selected a normal map and then tried selecting a custom map (or most of them) the picture remained the terrain of the normal map. I'd say this happens to about 30% of the maps I have. That's a lot of maps (most, regrettably, I play very often or enjoy playing). Is this supposed to happen and did Blizzard see it happening? I don't know much about map making but it seems that the website is going to purge their spell list because of the new patch. I don't know I just want to be able to play the maps I enjoy on battle net again >.<. Just curious if I will be able to. Thanks!

15. Weep

Weep

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    UPDATED : The 1.24c patch is out on all Battle.net servers, and fixes the Mac World Editor's syntax checker. There's no more need for the old fix; if you had previously used it, remove the extra Scripts folder you placed in your Warcraft III folder.

--------------
    Old post
    As was found in the beta version, the Mac World Editor is incompatible with 1.24 (in fact, it has not been updated since version 1.21) - its syntax checker does not recognize the new natives and returns syntax errors in Blizzard.j and common.j, meaning the trigger editor is completely unusable. For example, creating a fresh map, disabling the standard Melee Initialization trigger, and trying to re-enable it will return errors ("Unregistered native function").

A partial fix I've found: extract the Scripts folder from the 1.23 War3Patch.mpq and place it in the root Warcraft III Folder. If you do not have a backup, you can get that folder here: link. The World Editor will read these files for its own use, while Warcraft will continue to use the data in the patch file. This will restore it to its previous functionality.

The World Editor will be able to open maps that use the new functions in 1.24 and you will see them in the interface, but you will not be able to use them and you will not be able to compile triggers in a map that uses the new functions, because it cannot recognize the new ones.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  16. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just extracted common.j and blizzard.j and newgen worked perfectly fine. I'm using a pretty old version of jasshelper and pjass...

Yes and yes.

For maps that have active developers, it will only be a matter of time. Minutes in some cases, days in other cases, it depends on how well the map was designed.
    For other maps, you're screwed.

17. noob134

noob134

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Fail

18. Darkness-4ever

Darkness-4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    That helped thanks, last key detail if anyone can help how do I Katanna's Fade UnitVertexColor GameCache and Handles work with the new patch natives?

19. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Another update to the main post.

20. bigapple90

bigapple90

Resources:
    Icons: