• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24b Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
Blizzard has just released patch 1.24b (on the version number listed as 1.24.1 rather than 1.24.0) a few hours ago, fixing the false positives and the false negatives in return bug finding, which in turn will hopefully "fix" a lot of maps broken by 1.24. While the changelog listed some other changes, those were all added (unannounced) to 1.24 at the last minute and thus this patch is basically just a fix of the mess that 1.24 created for coders.

Level 2
what the hell

it says the patch cant install because it cant do something with warcraft map directory in finding the bomber command map...

Level 12
What are the specific changes or fixes?

In 1.24 the hashtables kinda behave weird in my map.

DotA updated 6.62 also

DotA 6.62 Release
Posted Today at 03:23 PM by IceFrog
Tags
The new DotA version will be released today. This update is a technology update only. While it has no new content, it is a required step that we have to take because it is not possible to update maps on Warcraft 3 after 1.24 patch due to the new code architecture.

I've rewritten most of DotA over the past 1-2 months to the new code base. If everything goes smoothly, this will enable updating to occur normally once again.

Because of the amount of new code in this patch, I recommend that tournaments wait at least a few days before adopting this version.

Thanks to everyone that participated in testing the new code.

Last edited:
Level 22
I'm never first, even when I'm among the first to update it. And I don't JASSify maps so Im away from such problems. For those whose maps don't work, if you have maps not opened with 1.24a open them in 1.24b and see if it works and causes probs. For maps already opened with the buggy 1.24, some may still not work cause they r already corrupted.

Level 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARCRAFT III: THE FROZEN THRONE VERSION HISTORY

Patch 1.24b

PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES

- Increased max map file size from 4 MB to 8 MB.
- Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable.
- Added GetSpellTargetX and GetSpellTargetY natives.
- Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
- Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types.
- Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.

FIXES

- Fixed a few false positives caused by the "return bug" fix.
- Fixed a crash related to hashtable reference counting.
- “Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
- Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer).

Found this on www.blizzblues.com

Level 40
Almost all of that was added in 1.24, hence why I said there was a longer changelog but it was actually done unannounced previously (well, only announced on the battle.net forums, not in the game patch log).

Also, for all of you complaining, they still changed what is and is not valid with code. That was on purpose. They fixed cases in which the break was unrelated to the problem they were fixing.

Level 19
Patch 1.24b

PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES

- Increased max map file size from 4 MB to 8 MB.
- Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable.
- Added GetSpellTargetX and GetSpellTargetY natives.
- Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
- Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types.
- Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.

FIXES

- Fixed a few false positives caused by the "return bug" fix.
- Fixed a crash related to hashtable reference counting.
- “Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
- Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer).

Patch 1.24

PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES

- Added new JASS hash table functions to replace the lost functionality from
fixing unsafe type casting.
- Hash Table - Save Item Handle
- Hash Table - Save Unit Handle
- Hash Table - Load Item Handle
- Hash Table - Load Unit Handle
- Hash Table - Get Handle ID

FIXES

- Fixed an exploit related to unsafe type casting that allowed users to
execute arbitrary code in maps.
- Fixed the JASS unsafe type casting exploit ("return bug").
- Fixed several World Editor crashes.

Source: forums.battle.net

Level 10
im worry since thers a new patch, will thers be a new update for JNGP Editor to add those new thing ? and if yes where can i download it ? i begin to use hashtable to make my current spell mui so i wish all those bug could be fix in it @_@

Level 12
Fixed a crash related to hashtable reference counting.

Fixed a crash problem on my map when someone quits the game.

Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types.

Saves alot of time trying to type those hectic handle types, this is just like an AttachObject call.

I think there are more to it than what the changelog says, there are many other bugs that can be found in DotA 6.61c that were not explained and revealed...

Level 40
my battle.net isn't working...so i usually download from blizzard.com/patches but i can't find new patch there...they written 1.24b full patch but when i donwload it it is just 1.24...
Ingame it is labeled 1.24.1.(some digits).

Source: forums.battle.net
As I already mentioned to the other person who posted that, those apply to 1.24 although they are listed as applying to 1.24b, and you will find them in the 1.24 news post.

Saves alot of time trying to type those hectic handle types, this is just like an AttachObject call.

I think there are more to it than what the changelog says, there are many other bugs that can be found in DotA 6.61c that were not explained and revealed...
This was done back for 1.24.

Level 12
I hope they release some kind of program that will fix those specific errors in your map... Or someone else will. It would help me so much as my map is literally dead with 11,981 errors and I didn't use JASS at all, it was ALL with GUI.

Level 12
Those ignorant Bast@#$^!!!!
Why is everyone so like "I'm glad I don't use Jass, so I don't got the problem.?
Just read one tut, and give me 10 reasons why you SHOULDN'T learn Jass.
Seriously, most people don't understand the benefits.

Level 4
Wtf....I just learned that after the patch, when I host a map, instead of showing Computer (Normal), it shows I **** my mother, and sometimes it has My dick is small. What's wrong with this? How do I rid myself of those disgusting words?

Level 40
Wtf....I just learned that after the patch, when I host a map, instead of showing Computer (Normal), it shows I **** my mother, and sometimes it has My dick is small. What's wrong with this? How do I rid myself of those disgusting words?
If a map changes the names of certain out-of-game interface settings (race names, computer names, etc), it will show up on the next map you play instead (unless you restart warcraft in the mean time).

Level 12
Why is everyone so like "I'm glad I don't use Jass, so I don't got the problem.?

This patch affects both JASS and GUI if you've thoroughly read previous cases with GUI gamecache bj functions having to not work.

So its not an issue of whether I'm using JASS or not but, because many GUI maps are also affected by 1.24 patch and was even harder to fix...

Level 15
This patch affects both JASS and GUI if you've thoroughly read previous cases with GUI gamecache bj functions having to not work.

So its not an issue of whether I'm using JASS or not but, because many GUI maps are also affected by 1.24 patch and was even harder to fix...

not really! since EGUI was already released which added a lot of features jass coders coded not so well as well that EGUI fixed this blizzard bugs... to fix GUI is so much easier then fixing jass... i just needed to rewrote some things and its done... since GUI is actually modular way of codoing, no?

i am cjass coder and i dont like GUI coz GUI is to hard for me, but i dont hate it coz first thing i learned was GUI..

Level 12

Funny thing is, most jass maps didn't break by that, as instead of InitGameCacheBJ, JASSer's use InitGameCache. (What's the difference anyway, just sets bj_lastCreatedGameCache to the cache)

Level 12
not really! since EGUI was already released which added a lot of features jass coders coded not so well as well that EGUI fixed this blizzard bugs... to fix GUI is so much easier then fixing jass... i just needed to rewrote some things and its done... since GUI is actually modular way of codoing, no?

i am cjass coder and i dont like GUI coz GUI is to hard for me, but i dont hate it coz first thing i learned was GUI..

I fail to see how what you've just wrote explained that patch 1.24 does not affect both GUI and JASS. Clarify please? :hohum:

Funny thing is, most jass maps didn't break by that, as instead of InitGameCacheBJ, JASSer's use InitGameCache. (What's the difference anyway, just sets bj_lastCreatedGameCache to the cache)

Not sure why the BJ gamecache didn't work, however there are alot of bugs if you notice in the hashtable natives as well.

Last edited:
Level 15
I fail to see how what you've just wrote explained that patch 1.24 does not affect both GUI and JASS. Clarify please? :hohum:

Not sure why the BJ gamecache didn't work, however there are alot of bugs if you notice in the hashtable natives as well.

GUI is not actually effected as "Jass" is!

for example Jass is effected coz the whole structure of coding was changed coz of return bug! but GUI was just an miss coding and blizzard deleted some of there code coz they injected hashtables... if blizzard finds out where they missed that code or overwrote it, then they will fix it in the matter of minutes, while Jass was not a bug but blizzard actually removed "ret bug"

GUI is just an bugged coding and i hope blizz fixes that, well if not anyway i am using my own EGUI so i dont care do they fix it, its only that i want its fixed for others, as i said i am cjass coder so GUI means nothing to me in the first place...

remember GUI is not suppsed to be affected its just an "bad hobby" of blizzard to be lazy over an simple things like that.. they should have created an new place of code "category" for hashtables insted of injecting them as game cache... now they overwrote some code and GameCache actions where removed... as well they added some types to hashtables in GUI which do not exits in GUI so GUI might crash... however all that is bugy code made by them it was not intended like in jass was, its just a matter of time they fix that.

Greets!
~DD

Level 12
GUI is not actually effected as "Jass" is!

for example Jass is effected coz the whole structure of coding was changed coz of return bug! but GUI was just an miss coding and blizzard deleted some of there code coz they injected hashtables... if blizzard finds out where they missed that code or overwrote it, then they will fix it in the matter of minutes, while Jass was not a bug but blizzard actually removed "ret bug"

GUI is just an bugged coding and i hope blizz fixes that, well if not anyway i am using my own EGUI so i dont care do they fix it, its only that i want its fixed for others, as i said i am cjass coder so GUI means nothing to me in the first place...

remember GUI is not suppsed to be affected its just an "bad hobby" of blizzard to be lazy over an simple things like that.. they should have created an new place of code "category" for hashtables insted of injecting them as game cache... now they overwrote some code and GameCache actions where removed... as well they added some types to hashtables in GUI which do not exits in GUI so GUI might crash... however all that is bugy code made by them it was not intended like in jass was, its just a matter of time they fix that.

Greets!
~DD

Clearly, you don't make any sense.

Patch 1.24 affects GUI as follows:

- The implementation of hashtable gui functions.
- GameCache bug.
- Bugged optimization on GUI codes through vex optimizer.

Patch 1.24 affects JASS as follows:

- hashtable natives.
- Return bug.
- Typecasting.
- Global variable shadowing.

Don't know where you got the idea of "GUI is not actually effected as "Jass" is!", but its clearly false, every aspect in world editor programming is somewhat affected by patch 1.24. I have friends with completely GUI maps that are having a hard time trying to make their map compatible with 1.24.

Level 15

now to "quote" the post which i answerd first!

i am sure you know that i am not a noob who does not know that GUI and Jass gained new features as you said in your last post...

however why should we speak about what was affected when its written in blizzards own Patch Changlog?

as you can see you where talking that GUI is harder to fix then jass, yes??? no???

i can fix any GUI map in a matter of minutes, i can remove all BJ-s from GUI in a matter of hour... i can add anything and fix as long as i want it...

so how can it be harder then fixing jass? well it can if its my code which is modulare and cjass defines like... but hey many people just use a tone of private H2I and random codes from other which stoped updating there own systems.

in that case well jass code would be harder. which means the first post i answer on was as i said... second post was about explaining whats wrong with GUI in detail and this post is well... it makes no sense?

Clearly, you don't make any sense.

"to not make any sense means you already have a sense"

Level 12
now to "quote" the post which i answerd first!

i am sure you know that i am not a noob who does not know that GUI and Jass gained new features as you said in your last post...

however why should we speak about what was affected when its written in blizzards own Patch Changlog?

as you can see you where talking that GUI is harder to fix then jass, yes??? no???

i can fix any GUI map in a matter of minutes, i can remove all BJ-s from GUI in a matter of hour... i can add anything and fix as long as i want it...

so how can it be harder then fixing jass? well it can if its my code which is modulare and cjass defines like... but hey many people just use a tone of private H2I and random codes from other which stoped updating there own systems.

in that case well jass code would be harder. which means the first post i answer on was as i said... second post was about explaining whats wrong with GUI in detail and this post is well... it makes no sense?

"to not make any sense means you already have a sense"

I was, am, will talk about the impact of patch 1.24-1.24b on mapmaking, as in both GUI and JASS, because some people were yelling "I'm glad I didn't use JASS". You said 1.24 only affects JASS, which is not true, and now you're talking about yourself coding and how fixing GUI is easier than JASS...

Enough...

Level 22

1. If you are not a kiddie and have a real life and more important things, it takes a lot of time to learn JASS.
2. You can do wonderful spells even without JASS.
3. Just because JASS makes more advanced spells doesn't mean your map needs to have ZOOOOMG JASS spells to have a good map
4. In patches you never know when a map may crash thx to JASS codes.
5. Overall importing a JASS spell is harder in your map and may not work
6. JASS is not uber important for making a good map
7. it is not newb friendly
8. it is like 1 wrong field or letter and all goes wrong
9. when JASS goes wrong you cant save the game 'due to errors'
10. Why use JASS when you can use custom scripts, isn't that enough JASSlike?

Level 12
1. If you are not a kiddie and have a real life and more important things, it takes a lot of time to learn JASS.
3. Just because JASS makes more advanced spells doesn't mean your map needs to have ZOOOOMG JASS spells to have a good map

From the moment I saw your first point:
If you are not a kiddie and have a real life and more important things, it takes a lot of time to learn JASS.

I realized that your statement is very weak, considering the fact that you've resolved into insulting other people and relating your opponent with having no considerable amount of important life-time to capture your argument. :xxd::thumbs_down:

Level 21
Time to feed the trolls.

Wait, so you make maps in your spare time but you don't have time to learn jass because you have a life? Lol. You even take the effort to tell us how GUI is so much better. I guess that's one of these "more important things" you have to do?
If you would know what you're talking about you would realise how much time you could save by learning jass in the first place.
Sure. But to use a comparison: you've got to be fucking insane to use paint to create high-res pictures/textures when you've got photoshop. In this case you don't even have to pay for it.
It's not just how advanced they are. It's how easy it is for other users to copy the code and use it. I can customise a jass spell corresponding to JESP standards in 5 seconds. As someone with advanced GUI knowledge I know that customizing someone else's GUI spell is just a pain in the ass. And jass is not only used for spells. Jass is just superior in every aspect, not limited to spells.
They announced it long ago. And they fucked up game cache GUI too. The very foundation of the comment is pretty retarded too, since GUI is just a graphical layer over the jass. They fixed most of the issues for you because GUI users are too retarded to understand what's happening. If they kept GUI in the exact same way, literally every map out there would be screwed too.
LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Importing a vjass spell is so much fucking easier to import and customise that it makes GUI look like a crippled turtle.
If it doesn't work then you're just doing something wrong. It doesn't have anything to do with the jass, more with your skills.
So? See point 2. You're just stupid if you're still using paint for that kind of stuff.
So? You think a newby is going to understand any of your *advanced* GUI spells? No, he's going to need to spend time to get to learn how to use GUI effectively, and ends up learning how to do things the wrong way. With your way of thought, nobody would ever go to college or even high school, since there are easier ways to live your life?
Don't be a moron. Unless you're dyslectic, don't make errors. And when you do them, it's pretty obvious to figure out what you did wrong.
Use newgen and you can save your map so you can fix the errors later. Besides, don't be a moron and fix the errors. It's not as if an average jasser will ever make more than 5 errors between 2 saves.
That IS jass. Only a mere fraction of it. You can't experience the true advantages jass has with custom scripts. You're still trapped in the shitty way GUI triggers are written.

Level 9
Fact is that it work pretty much the same way. I use both, and they work great, Jass can be faster, but if you know how to copy/import triggers from other projects and such. It is really the same.

I sometime see Jass a bit easier to understand, but that is propably because they are written in a more profesional way, since it's not the default, and only more experianced users use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.