• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.24 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yeah, I've heard a whole bunch of stuff like that. Otherwiese you could type
JASS:
 fucntion H2I takes handle h returns integer
If true==true then
return h
endif
return 0
endfunction

I believe that is the problem with your computer not the patch. That must be a worm.
I don't even have Realplayer on my computer, and It was the MAP, not the patch thta caused it.

Someone used the EDITED return bug, and wrote c++ to hack into my computer, so I turned it off straight away, like my parents taught me.=D
Leaving it on gives it time to worm in. Saving files gives it easier ways wo worm in. If there is a DEBUG button, don't push it, it may set off the virus. If strange progarams automatically run themselves, find them and delete them. My toher computer had a virus desguised as spyware that ran every 20 minutes. Someone hit "Upgrade to Gold Edition" and our computer would not let us access internet at ALL, because it know that we might DL a anti-virus software.

Be careful with the maps you play. Before we played, someone said...
Hey! I own this map in Final Edition. Why Do I have to DL it?
Wht! I do 2!

It was abviously a hacked version.

I'll see if I can post it later.

Level 7
Wtf when i click on the 1.24 patch to upgrade from 1.23 it says - Blizzard Prepatch v2.70 - An error has occurred preparing the patch. This problem can commonly be corrected by reinstalling the game and trying the update again.If this error repeats then contatct BLizzard Technical Support.Please press "OK" to exit or press "Show Details" to see more information about the error.Text in "Show Details" Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 11:54 pm on 08/09/2009

Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath'
The system cannot find the file specified.

RESULT: Prepatch failed

Level 19
I just read from somewhere that Blizzard is actually going to take action and revive all the games he accidentally destroyed, hooray!

Level 7
I fix that problem with Installpatch but i has new error that is - Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003

Log created at 2:44 pm on 08/10/2009

ERROR: unable to create file ':D\Games\Warcraft III\BNUpdate.exe'
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Level 2
I fix that problem with Installpatch but i has new error that is - Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003

Log created at 2:44 pm on 08/10/2009

ERROR: unable to create file ':D\Games\Warcraft III\BNUpdate.exe'
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

well, why is there a smilie in your path? :p

guess it should be D:\Games\ instead of :D\Games\

those errors happen when you move your wc3 folder or copy it from somewhere without actually installing it. Either fix the path in the registry or put it where you installed it, update, put it back

Level 2
So i must download the patch file and to save first in warcraft 3,i don't must to copy it?

it doesn't matter if you download it or let it update automatically, your warcraft 3 game has to be where you installed it - or you have to edit your registry so that the paths point to the directory where your warcraft 3 now is. Afterwards you can update...

Level 7
my warcraft 3 is not installed,its by archive,its extracted!When i click on Bnupdate it has that text ... This program was unable to create directory.Directory :D\Games\Warcraft III Error - The Directory name is invalid.If you are unable to connect this problem, please contact to blizzard techincal support.Someone help please!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Download an offical install image from blizzard by creating an account with them (free) and binding your CDkeys (which you own already so is free as well). You can then download WC3 RoC and TFT for free from them, and reinstall them which will fix this problem.

If you do not have CDKeys then you should really consider buying the game, afterall it does entertain you for hours on end.

Level 7
Download an offical install image from blizzard by creating an account with them (free) and binding your CDkeys (which you own already so is free as well). You can then download WC3 RoC and TFT for free from them, and reinstall them which will fix this problem.

If you do not have CDKeys then you should really consider buying the game, afterall it does entertain you for hours on end.

link please!

Level 10
Hey can anyone shed some light on this, after some rigorous testing I managed to get my WE to work again, the only problem is the hashtable function "get handle id" doesn't work. (as in when I use it and try to select a handle it says "no handle of this type exists" I'm looking to update the maps I'm working on with hashtables. Any way I can get this function working again, or do I have to wait till Blizz patches the patch?

Level 19
Level 7
Someone know how wc3 blocks map? I sometimes just have random maps blocked in wc3. If i test them from inside WE they run , and after i did this they run also in wc3. They completely messed it up.

EDIT: This happened 1 min after i posted this:
1)I do a very small change to my map
2) I test map
3) Map doesn't run
4)i save map again without changing anything
5) map runs :)

Level 19
Don't worry, in a while, both Blizzard and Modding Communities like this will find a solution, just carry on with your normal games and if you can't, it's time to learn DotA, or at least Ladder lol... Maybe you can even learn Map Making to help give you the best game which suits your needs just the way you want it to...

Level 25
Don't worry, in a while, both Blizzard and Modding Communities like this will find a solution, just carry on with your normal games and if you can't, it's time to learn DotA, or at least Ladder lol... Maybe you can even learn Map Making to help give you the best game which suits your needs just the way you want it to...

Hehe, it's just that I want my "Dota Party map" done for a lan in the future..
And I do know mapping for other games too (Hammer Editor <333333), I just wanna fix one thing at a time, or nothing will finish ;)

Level 15

Basically, Wc3C found a solution to everything last week. Rather, Vexorian, PurplePoot, and other gurus hashed everything out and found solutions to the existing problems.
Unless something has come up that I'm not aware of.

Level 23
Patchlog for 1.24b is up (still on Westfall Realm)
We've released Patch 1.24b on PTR (Westfall) for testing, before the actual public live.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.24b
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC WORLD EDITOR CHANGES

- Increased max map file size from 4 MB to 8 MB.
- Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable.
- Added GetSpellTargetX and GetSpellTargetY natives.
- Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
- Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types.
- Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.

FIXES

- Fixed a few false positives caused by the "return bug" fix.
- Fixed a crash related to hashtable reference counting.
- “Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
- Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer).

Level 3
1.23b = old beta patch. AKA the crap is there. Besides, they'll never fix the main crap - the return bug - which means you'll never be able to play any of the old maps with patch 1.24+. You may as well patch now so you can at least go on Bnet.

At least all the old maps and campaigns are working with this version and they can be opened with the WE (with the 1.24 the WE crashes everytime).
And I don't care at all about Bnet,I still have wc3 on my hdisk only to play sp rpgs and some decent campaigns (Wanderers of Sorceria is an example).

Status
Not open for further replies.