• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Several Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've recently gotten back to mod Warcraft3 and was shocked by the upheaval caused by patch 1.24 in terms of maps breaking down and stuff. After 5-6 hours of struggling to understand what's going on. I Finally!!!! managed to make my WEU pre-1.24 map with Tonnes of WEU "Advanced" stuffs to open in the ordinary editor without crashing. With half my triggers malfunctioning and all of WEU libraries gone; as if things weren't bad enough, I realized that my header file's been messed up, seems to lose all indentations and newlines. Is there a way to restore this?

can someone also help me with some of these questions:

1) Is there a way to export a unit/ability/buff from a map and put it on another? Just the data
2) there seems to be no undo button for Jass editing in Normal Editor. Thus I normally edit them in Notepad, very inconvenient. Is there a better way for this?

Level 5
1) Is there a way to export a unit/ability/buff from a map and put it on another? Just the data
2) there seems to be no undo button for Jass editing in Normal Editor. Thus I normally edit them in Notepad, very inconvenient. Is there a better way for this?

1) Copy and Paste each one? With triggers you can just copy the folder and paste it, but something else that isn't triggers its copy and pasting one at a time.

2) Use JNGP(or any other jass editor)

I can't help you with your first question, about loose identation and such, which is JASS I'm guessing, which also probably requires JNGP, but you don't do JASS in the WEditor because... well you get errors like that(only JASS you can do in WEditor is the "Custom Script", and not many people like doing that. Amirite?)

Level 14
but you don't do JASS in the WEditor because... well you get errors like that(only JASS you can do in WEditor is the "Custom Script", and not many people like doing that. Amirite?)
You can use Jass in normal World Editor though it's more troublesome than doing Jass in JNGP. (If you make a Jass mistake in the normal World Editor, the world editor usually crashes while in JNGP you get yelled at by Jasshelper.)

There is also another way to copy object editor data from one map to another by using Export/Import All Object Editor Data. (There's also specific ones for units, abilities, etc.) This does have a downside of replacing the current object editor data though I think JNGP offers Merging the data. (I haven't really tested that.)

Level 4
Exporting and importing object editor data replaces any custom data you have with the same value, what i mean if you have a unit which is: A000:xxxx (where x is the original unit code) and import a value with A000:yyyy (where y is the original code of the unit but may be different from x), A000:xxxx is replaced by A000:yyyy

Last edited:
Level 4
When im practicing JASS i use Jasscraft....what i do when i want to change something is make an extra copy of the whole script, so if i fuck up the editing i can always cross reference the two and hopefully fix it.

Level 14
I just tried that as much as I understand. Now that my map is fully loadable in JNGP, and savable. some unusable triggers are deleted.. but still my map can't run in-game. Any idea why? When i load the game through Frozen Throne, it puts me back to Main Menu.
Since I don't really know what's in your map, you may need to perform trial and error by disabling triggers one at a time and testing the map to see if it can run in-game.
When you find the troublesome trigger and don't know how to fix it, you can post it here to receive help. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.