• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Help request - How can I "detox" my map from World Editor Unlimited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone!

After a really long sleep I decided to take up mapping again (tried Starcraft 2, but the editor there is...nyeh).

I found the old map I was working on at the time and after some painful few hours finally managed to open it, because I had used World Editor Unlimited on it (I know, I was young. Don't judge me).

Now, I still remember that way back when I was testing this map, (with the WEU additions), I had repeated crashes in the weirdest places. Back then, I was too lazy to do anything about it, but now I would like to remove any and all traces of WEU from it. I believe I've managed to purge my triggers of it, but opening the map in WEU still tells me that "Advanced Spells" is enabled. If I try to remove them, it tells me "Error occurred when cleaning Ability Data".

Google was no help, so my question:

Does anyone know what exactly WEU changes in a map and whether it is possible to completely undo the damage? Redoing the entire map is not really an option, since just doing the units took me months last time :/

Level 4
Hi there!

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I already tried that and it didn't fix the problem. I've managed to fix it meanwhile, so I'm leaving this here in case any other lost souls stumble upon this have some guidance.
Sadly, the fix involved manually examining all abilities and a lot of trial and error. I found out that I had taken a single spell from one of WEU's "advanced abilities" and renamed it (finding that one spell was a lot of fun).

What I don't know is if this will actually get rid of all the crashes and so on. WEU's enhancer doesn't show any options enabled anymore when I open the map in it, so I hope I managed to successfully detox it. Time will tell.

PS: For all those who want to open a map that has custom triggers from WEU and the world editor fails opening the map with a message like "not enough memory" - That's because the advanced triggers cannot be read by the normal editor. To make matters worse, WEU cannot patch the newest version of the World Editor. Your only hope for opening an old map that has been WEU-infected is to grab an old copy of Warcraft 3 (I think version 1.21 should work) and use that. WEU can patch worldedit.exe there and you can open the map, which then involves manually removing all "advanced" triggers. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.