• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

World Editor Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
So, I have selected the Lordaeron Summer tileset. With it comes a grass and dirt cliff. I need more for my map.

Apparently World Editor Unlimited can support additional cliff types. But I have heard World Editor Unlimited is buggy and can cause map corruption. How buggy is Unlimited? Will my risk be minimized if I don't use the advanced features it offers (except cliff types)?

Level 16
Level 30
ITs better to use JNGP because it offers alot more on to triggering and new options are added. While WEU in the other hand is buggy because some triggers that works like a charm at normal WE or JNGP causes errors in WEU. WEU I do know also has lesser triggers that makes some triggers at original WE and JNGp dont work.

Now to your question about cliffs, WEU offers an option on adding cliffs but can I ask you.... what would you prefer? Adding more cliffs but higher risks of errors that has chances to corrupt map or stay with the original (no way to add cliffs) but Game Engine performance is good and does not cause much inconvenience?

BTW you can just use doodads serving as walls putting blockers at them rather than attempting to add cliffs.

Level 16
Now to your question about cliffs, WEU offers an option on adding cliffs but can I ask you.... what would you prefer? Adding more cliffs but higher risks of errors that has chances to corrupt map or stay with the original (no way to add cliffs) but Game Engine performance is good and does not cause much inconvenience?

Ok, unfortunately it seems Unlimited is as bad as they say. It's a shame I can't safely add more cliff types then...Thanks anyway guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.