• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] world editor unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
ooooo ok umm does it still have the gui triggers in tht ? if so were can i dl it from ? and thx a lot added rep

No.

The WEU extra GUI triggers, while helpful, are EXTREMELY buggy. they are very bad for coding and, in often cases, completely crash the map / editor / make you lose all your work.

JNGP is only slightly better than vanilla in terms of GUI, but once/if you learn JASS then the advantages will be obvious

Here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=toewcr
I uploaded this so i wont visit other sites.
Also,if Vexorian updated the JASSHelper,make sure to update the JASSHelper of the JNGP too.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...456/how-download-install-confige-jngp-160547/

While the intent is good, you really shouldn't do this because your giving moyack/purge no credit.

http://wc3modding.info/4263/the-jass-newgen-pack-jngp-1-5e/

Level 19
i tried the one u sent me arhowk the only problem i have is it still says its version 1.21b ?

Where is it telling you this?

It might tell you this when your loading one of your maps made in normal WE, because it was designed in an older version of WE.

Level 19
no, just take them out of the zip file into any folder in your computer and it should work.

and yes, anti viruses dont like the files, so I'd either disable ur antiviruses when dling or add an exception for jngp

Level 29
ya i did both of them thx a bunch umm i attached a folder is this wat the top of the editor is supposed to look at when it is installed correctly ?

edit: i have a problem w the newgen warcraft.exe file tho it keeps coming up w could not hack game.dll please post logs/ongamload.txt any idea y

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 15
Here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=toewcr
I uploaded this so i wont visit other sites.
Also,if Vexorian updated the JASSHelper,make sure to update the JASSHelper of the JNGP too.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...456/how-download-install-confige-jngp-160547/
What's wrong in visit my site?? Don't you like it??

It's veeeeerry likely Vexorian abandoned his software, in fact I'm expecting cohadar's update of his jasshelper version. If something new comes in WE addins, I'll ensure that this update will come in a new pack, so that tutorial won't be necessary. If somebody needs a guide to install the latest JNGP, you can follow this guide: http://blizzardmodding.info/5110/how-to-download-install-configure-jngp/

Level 19
umm mybe one of u can help since im still on here im using gui triggers and when i tried to save my map im getting parser stack overflow error any idea y this is happening ?

disable your antivirus it seems to be deleting system files (my guess o_O)

newgen warcraft 3 shouldnt even be used. and yes, thats what the top of Newgen WE should look like\

what OS are you running?

Level 14
i use windows 7 64bit ultimate edition

and i turned it off when i was downloading and installing it then i set it to ignore the whole folder and it seems ok i still get the message but the map works and the function tht the map brings up as parser stack overflow still comes up

Which messages do you get?

Level 14
Well this is what microsoft says about parser stack overflows in C++:

"Simplify the program by decreasing the complexity of expressions. Decrease the level of nesting in for and switch statements by putting some of the more deeply nested statements in separate functions. Break up very long expressions involving comma operators or function calls."

I think the vJass parser was written in C++, but furthermore I am not abled to solve your problem if it is indeed the parser crashing.
If it is because of the amount of expressions in either your GUI or Jass code (which I assume it is not, or is it ^.^?),
I advice you to take a look at that in the meanwhile. Even though I'm not sure if it will do anything.
Although it's not bad to check if you have too many nested expressions... (Too many ifs inside each other in a trigger? Else also counts.)
(The parser should give an error about this instead of crashing by itself. I've seen that parse error before).

Maybe your error is for the experts to look into ^.^? (unless irrelevant due to my edit underneath)

EDIT: A few questions: which JNGP did you install?
Have you patched your warcraft to the latest patch through either battle.net or the official battle.net website?
I saw you had typed something about patch 1.21b?

EDIT 2: Do you get a fatal error message (AppCrash) or a parser error message from the parser itself?
Could you give us a screenshot?

Last edited:
Level 14
As I thought:

Check out your Checkers Blue Jump trigger.
It has too many ifs inside other ifs. You should probably split the gigantic amount of ifs into 2 (by placing it outside the else at some point).

If you don't know how to do this, then paste your GUI trigger in
  • tags
Right click the name of your trigger inside the trigger editor and click on Copy as text. Then simply paste it between those tags.

Level 29
Ik wat u mean ill have to check if I duplicated one of the ifs in the trigger and yea ik this is a very crude way of doing this w the ifs lol I found out how to use hashs after I was 90 percent done w the minigame lol I will probably remake it some day haha thx tho ill check tht when I get home

Edit: i cut it in half and still the same message the game still works and everything and the commands tht it comes up w with the parser stack overflow still work so i think ill just ignore it for now lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.