• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello people :)

Well, I have a topic here, I had a question about tilesets, because I want add more than the limit and blahblah...
The topic: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/tilesets-189441/

Well, I used Jass NewGenPack, and I had a little problem configuring it... So my final reply was that WEU was worked...

I don't know where I downloaded it, and I don't know if I really used WEU or Jass NewGenPack.

I downloaded a WEU and it's not the same that I use, it start with a windows with some menus, the other was like World Editor, but with some cool tools (Description with color select, more tiles, etc.)

I tried to use anyway, and it always give me errors when I will test or save, even if I just put one unit, it give errors...

I tried JassNewGen Pack without configuring, and it give errors too...

So, I'm trying to find the world editor that I used, if anyone can help me...

I think it's anything like the JassNewGen, but the other didn't give errors...
I remember too, as I said, that when you edit a description of a Item, etc. you can select the color of it...

If someone can help me...

Level 4
The one you mean was JassNewGen. What problems occured during the configuration? Maybe I can help.

Regards, Renschi

Level 3
The same I said on the other topic.
If I configure correct I think there will be no more errors.

Level 4
Ahh, now I see. You have to save your Mapfile first. Then just go to Extensions --- > Edit Tileset. When you're done, press OK. Your map will be saved once again. DO NOT SAVE AGAIN! Close the editor. Reopen it, then load your map once again. That's it!

Remember, Warcraft III supports approximately 16 Tiles per map.

Have fun!

Level 3
No no, about the tileset I know, I solved it on the other topic, I am with the problem of the errors, as I said:

I tried to use anyway, and it always give me errors when I will test or save, even if I just put one unit, it give errors

It give errors when will compile the map...
When I had JassNewGen that didn't happen, I just used it normal...
The errors, I think it's because of the configuration in "Reinventing the craft", in the tutorial I need config something there, but this button doesn't exist...

Level 3
This is the configuration I need, but as I said in the other topic, there is no Reinventing the Craft...

Level 3
Yes, I'm running as an administrator.

Attachments:

Reinventing the craft.jpg - There is no Reinventing the craft to configure JNGP.

error when test.jpg - When I try test the map, this error happens.

error when save-test.jpg - This error appear when I will save, and when I test too...

Attachments

• Reinventing the Craft.jpg
    Reinventing the Craft.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 234
  • error when test.jpg
    error when test.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 299
  • error when save-test.jpg
    error when save-test.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 857
Level 4
Is the marked folder placed in your jassnewgenpack folder as well?

Attachments

• folder.png
    folder.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 338
Level 4
Are you sure?

Right click --> Properties --> Compatibility --> Run program as an administrator

Attachments

• s1.png
    s1.png
    11 KB · Views: 264
  • s2.png
    s2.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 369
  • s3.png
    s3.png
    38 KB · Views: 372
Level 17
Yo, I had the same problem.

I'm using AVG Free Anti Virus, and everytime I unpacked JassNewGen or tried installing WEU, it would delete certain files so I would never have the complete thing, because they act like a virus (but they're not).

Disable your anti-virus, then install JNPG and WEU.

Level 4
Well, I use Avast Free and it doesn't say it's a virus. But if you use AVs like AVG u'll need to disable it. Didn't think of that :p

Level 3
Yes, running as an administrator but continues without "Reinventing the Craft"

Level 3
About the antivirus, I use McAfee, and now there's some more files in the folder, and "Reinventing the craft" appeared :D

Thanks Renschi and steel_stallion, +rep to you

Level 3
Ah, sorry for 3 posts, but...
I continue with problems when I'll save, errors and errors, but the map save automatic... When I try play in Warcraft it just get me back to the servers list... D:

Level 3
I am just trying to play in Local area network (just me) but the same happens in single player (custom game) in this case, when I change to my map, it shows the slots and teams of the other map that I had selected.

Level 3
Yes, because it can't load the map, if I play in LAN, I select the map and click on Create game, and this just return me to the list...

Level 4
Then your mapfile is damaged I think. Maybe remake the map?

But firstly, open it and try to save it as another mapfile.

Level 3
Look...
EDIT:

I think it's just with my map now, strange...
Can I remove this error without recreating all map?

Attachments

• error1.png
    error1.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 116
  • error2.png
    error2.png
    36 KB · Views: 77
Level 3
Where I change it?
I found some "Commander" when I open the Trigger Editor, and select the file {mapname}.w3x

Level 3
In the syntax error prompt, just show 2 Commander that is with error... But there is a lot of Commander lol...
I'll try it.

Level 3
Hey, look, I searched for the line, and changed the Commander to Commander2, but still with error in other lines, so I did one thing, probably a mistake, I've search for Commander and replace all Commander's by Commander2

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Replacing all Commander with Commander2 will not stop the error as you will still have a namespace collision...

You need to change the offending function argument to Commander2. This logically means all local references of Commander must also be changed to Commander2.

Basically what is happening is you have declared Commander to mean something throughout the whole script. Then you have said within 1 function Commander is to mean something else. In the old WC3 this was allowed as locals took preference over globals but now neithor can share the same name space.

Level 3
Hard... Can I send the map to you and you do this? If no, try to explain more lol

EDIT: I edited some Commanders that was in the syntax error, and now appear some other errors (Attachment)

Attachments

• error3.png
    error3.png
    67 KB · Views: 130

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
This is why I hate Jass... Nothing but problems. Long live GUI.
It turns out that this whole problem is likly caused by the fact he turned on the enhanced GUI in WEU at some stage. Thus it imported a huge custom script which is buggy and disfunctional in the modern WC3 versions.

Also GUI compiles to JASS on map save so your argument is pointless. Without JASS there would be no GUI.

Level 4
It turns out that this whole problem is likly caused by the fact he turned on the enhanced GUI in WEU at some stage. Thus it imported a huge custom script which is buggy and disfunctional in the modern WC3 versions.

Also GUI compiles to JASS on map save so your argument is pointless. Without JASS there would be no GUI.

It wasn't meant as an argument. This is my opinion. I hate Jass. That's it. no argument. Just an opinion. But w/e, the major problem seems to be solved, and that's in fact the most important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.