• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WEU corrupted triggers since 1.24b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I was using WEU on one of my old maps and the map is unplayable on 1.24b patch. I removed all advanced trigger actions but it didn't help. WEU can still open the map, but current WE can't.

Errors (apon opening):
Trigger function does not exist in the database: displaytexttoplayer
Trigger function does not exist in the database: getowningplayer
Trigger function does not exist in the database: pellabilityunit

Triggers look totally normal inside, but it's probably the way WEU saves them in 1.24 incompatible way (with other name? was blizzard changing function names?).

I don't really know what do to. The error names point that these actions might be problematic: displaying text to players, unit owned by ??, have no idea..

I tried importing triggers to a new map but same errors occured.

Any idea how to solve this? I was thinking to delete all those suspicious actions but I'm not sure this will help in any way.

Level 16
Seas =)

Ahh a WEU dude. Yeah the WEU Advanced trigger are a complicated thing and ruins your map at the easiest way =D.

jeah you need to change the parts.

1) Massage for only one player:
  • Set PlayerGroup = PlayerGroup(Triggering Unit)
  • Game - Display for 5.00 seconds to (PlayerGroup) the massage: xxxx
  • custom script: DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup)
2) For this problem you will need this in your trigger:
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
  • your action
  • Custom script: endif
3) Don't know what this is atm

Anyway - since 1.24 you can forget to use WEU. Since then its totally critical to use this editor. Only the WEU Enhancer is still usefull for terrain and importing things. Use the normal editor.

Level 19
Seas =)

Ahh a WEU dude. Yeah the WEU Advanced trigger are a complicated thing and ruins your map at the easiest way =D.

jeah you need to change the parts.

1) Massage for only one player:
  • Set PlayerGroup = PlayerGroup(Triggering Unit)
  • Game - Display for 5.00 seconds to (PlayerGroup) the massage: xxxx
  • custom script: DestroyForce(udg_PlayerGroup)
2) For this problem you will need this in your trigger:
  • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
  • your action
  • Custom script: endif
3) Don't know what this is atm

Anyway - since 1.24 you can forget to use WEU. Since then its totally critical to use this editor. Only the WEU Enhancer is still usefull for terrain and importing things. Use the normal editor.

Why the hell you use a group veriable for the message? You can browse the (Triggering Player) without it... and you can still put the custom script "if GetLocalPlayer() ==" for the message as well as for the second problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.