• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Opening Old Map With WEU Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was feeling nostalgic and dusted off my War3 CDs to fiddle with some of my old maps. However, I've been unable to open several of them in the editor, and am getting errors like "Trigger function does not exist in database: destroygroup" prior to the editor crashing.

Back in the day I used WEU a lot, including the custom triggers it added. I've done some forum delving so I know it no longer works; I've tried opening the maps with SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle but I get the same errors. Is there a step I'm missing to get these old maps open, or will I have to do something gross like reinstall War3, manually patch to a vers compatible with WEU, and use WEU to delete the offending functions (after finding a place that still hosts it...)?

Thanks!

Level 13
or will I have to do something gross like reinstall War3, manually patch to a vers compatible with WEU, and use WEU to delete the offending functions
yeah, to get a map to open outside of WEU you have to convert all the custom GUI funcs to custom script lines.

(after finding a place that still hosts it...)?
meaning peer-to-peer services? Gameranger is a good one.

Level 2
yeah, to get a map to open outside of WEU you have to convert all the custom GUI funcs to custom script lines.

Bah, I was afraid of that.

meaning peer-to-peer services? Gameranger is a good one.

A place to download WEU; Chrome is giving me malware warnings for wc3c.net and I'm not having much luck finding it elsewhere :(.

Level 2
Ah, I recall having that problem downloading it too. Change your settings to allow the download.

Oh, I was worried that the site had been comprised and wasn't safe rather than it being a case of Chrome not liking a weird .exe. DLed it no problem!

If your problem is only unknown functions to world editor, you can try to teach your world Editor the functions unknown.
Explains how to add custom functions/Variables to the editor:
Modding the WE: Trigger Editor

This worked!! I copied the relevant .txt files from the WEU directory to the War3 directory and I've just been able to open the map!

Thanks for the help everyone, it's great that after all this time there's still an active and awesome community :wgrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.