• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problems with WEU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys.....i made a map with the old WE. but now i want to open it with WEU1.20 but it doesnt let me.When i try to open it with WEU it says Triggering Data invalid.Its not because its protected because my map is not protected.Nothing is wrong with it.then i tried opening other maps but it says the same thing.Do i have to like update it or something? how do i open my map if WEU doesnt let me.please help.

Level 3
I would suggest not using WEU at all anyways.. WE is just as good and besides updates will remove any maps created with WEU so it is pointless.

Level 3
Hah, i'd rather not have the extra little things, besides you can modify your tilesets on the original WE. Trust me WE is more unlimited than World Editor Unlimited itself.

Level 19
lol WEU has so much things WE cant do .. but the size is always the main problem ..
Depents of YOUR skill in the WE ofcourse. Notice that WEU makes much imports into your map. How do you think the creator of WEU worked? He just CREATED extra options. Which u also can create if u are smart enough.
But anyway yes, don't use WEU. It is unstable and can cause troubles.

Level 3
Yeah i agree with Fl4mes WEU is a pain in the ass and pointless. If you ever get good enough with WE you can do just as much. Besides why waste time with WEU when your map will be removed when another patch comes out. In many directions WEU is no good and will confuse beginners when they have to go back to WE.

Level 21
alot of smart people on this forum ^^

from what I know, WEU is just some sort of interface... if you do something in WEU that you think you can't do in WE, the WEU actually just does the things for you in WE instead of doing it yourself...
the only difference is: WEU can do things in 1 click that would require some intelligence to do the same in WE. BUT: if you do it in WEU, you have a large chance to put unwanted bugs in your map & increase filesize of it... that's because if you do something in WE, you think about it and always do the thing that requires the least mapspace. WEU doesn't think

Level 27
My post has more information then yours ...

WEU just sucks. I once wanted to use it and it pissed me already off after 5 minuts.

Ur just doing something wrong .. ok i mostly only use it for tiny triggers which you havnt in normal WE like setting the strength of units to 0 or something like that .. WEU is capeable of doing at least SOME things good ;)

Level 1
Lafeet, I don't know what the problem is, but you could try pming or posting PitzerMike about it on wc3campaigns.net. To those who don't like WEU or think it doesn't do anything, here is a list of things it can do that you can't in WE, that it makes easier, or includes: (the functions I most commonly use are in bold)

- Removed doodad/item/unit limits
- Up to 16 different tiles
- 90 degree cliffs using the raise/lower tool
- Extended map size and map height limits
- Extended object editor limits
- Extended gameplay constants limits
- Clearer object editor arrangement
- Enabled hidden units, doodads and spells
- Added hidden icons, textures and models
- Build all doodads on cliffs and on water
- Custom minimap preview pictures
- Custom ingame minimap pictures
- Custom loading screens and diashow screens
- AMAI and Commander included
- Enabled hidden trigger functions
- Added many completely new trigger functions
- Access unit stats via triggers
- Enabled move speed higher than 400
- Included custom dynamic light sources
- Spell enhancer for trigger enhanced spells
- Included hero glow pack
- Made tree models available for units
- Included local files patch
- Included map protector
- Premade interface icon patterns
- Include custom fade filters
- Include custom sky textures
- Automatic bmp/jpg/tga to blp conversion
- Fixed dos name bug in the WE
- Enabled Blizzard debug mode
- Added dummyspells and dummyitems
- Added a morph unit trigger action
- Added wait for event actions
- Built in dialog engine
- Built in leaderboard engine
- Built in third person camera system
- Built in arrow key control
- Password hero save trigger
- Built in voting engine
- Cubic spline camera triggers
- Built in multiple choice system
- Built in hero selection system
- Removed tileset limitations
- Removed melee/campaign categories
- Unlimited doodad scaling and rotation
- Made all tiles buildable
- Import/export layers and triggers
- Combine object editor data
- Multiselect import manager
- Optimize map size option
- Listfiles for all mpqs
- Multiboard progress bar triggers
- Lots of additional stuff
Taken directly from wc3campaigns.net/tools/weu/

Now, not all of these must be done in the World Editor of WEU. There is also a WE Enhancer that allows you to edit maps outside of the World Editor, doing things like: importing custom minimaps, loading screens, etc.; changing map size above 256x256; importing all data from other maps (objects, triggers, terrain, regions, etc.); adding up to 16 tiles; and other things. The ways that I use WEU, I do not need WEU to open the map. I can open it in the regular World Editor as well, so the patching doesn't matter.

I also don't see how it could possibly increase the size more so than would be done manually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.