• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

can'T open weu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hello guy's

at first, pls excuse my bad english ^^

all the time i used the weu, but few day ago i got a problem:
i want to open the weu but it don't work there only stand following sentence:
"the patch was unsuccessful"
i tried to solve the problem:
proporties(of the computer)-->advance--> proporties at system activity --> data achievement prevention --> add weu (dunno if all translations are right XD)
but it don't work still not

pls help me, i want to continue with mapping^^

greetz

Level 32
Warcraft III 1.21 vs. WEU

Since WE Unlimited is third-party software (useful and remarkable thought it is) users may sometimes encounter complications with its installation and use.

It may be necessary to:
  1. Back up ALL of your Warcraft III resources: maps, documents... everything.
  2. Uninstall WEU and War3.
  3. Reinstall Warcraft III and patch it to 1.21.
  4. Reinstall the latest version of WEU.
Still, there are NO guarantees.

PitzerMike over at w3c is the creator of that fine software: he would know best.

Level 7
I never get 'the patch was unsuccessful' word before, maybe you click the wrong section or has been tried to update it before and make the weu crush himself

Level 7
Sorry, Happy... Don't really understand english language that good, I don't understand what you mean with the post above

Level 2
i reinstalled weu and wc3 twice and it still not work
about icq i takled with pizerMike and he don't know too what to do

if i could i wuld work with the normal one, but i can't open my map wiuth the normal one any longer, because i used some functions of the weu
is there anything i can do?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
When do you get that error? What version is the WEU you're using? If you use Disable Editor Limits, you might just want to click on Open WE Unlimited. Anyway, I don't think WEU is being worked on anymore, so that means we'll either stick with normal Editor or face the bugs the WEU brings to us. And even if a v1.21 is submited, Blizzard can submit a new version at any moment with another one of those "fixed a crash that could happen blablabla", and I doubt PitzerMike wants to keep working on it.

Level 2
lol
this one, was the only bug i ever had with weu, i don' ever had problems
but the questio is not if the weu is bugy, oder nor, i just want to know, is tere any hope to rescue my map(< about weeks of work)

Level 7
I was use WEU once but not anymore, It's really annoy me with the help that they give to... Advanced trigger doesn't really fit with me so I us normal WE (except for adding terrain I use WEU Enhancer)

Level 2
there is a map named WorldEditTestMap, but it'S not my work, it's another one
there is no other chance? fuuuuuuuck

even thanks

Level 7
You're right, life is a lol and you're also a lol...

Why you ask it to us?? Say it to anyone that touch your compyutah or maybe it's an originally warCraft III maps

Level 7
there is a map named WorldEditTestMap, but it'S not my work, it's another one
there is no other chance?

You write that thing right?? Yes, I doesn't use QUOTE because I forget to click QUOTE label... How can you ask people here from where the WorldEditTestMap came??
It's not your work?? Then who??
Another One??How can we know what is it??
Is there other chance??Chance for what??

Level 2
omg you just playing like a dumb? i mean that it's not my map i want to "get back" it's another one of me i edit last night

Rui

Rui

Level 41
This topic is becoming spam. Should you continue and I'll request a close.

By the way, I never use Advanced Triggers, I only use World Editor Unlimited to have no doodad/elevation limit. Damn Blizzard and their limits :p

Anyway, Extra ground tiles are also very useful.

Level 7
Then start with blame people in near of you that may touch your computer (I say it before), there's no way the system can change himself... Someone must be done that

Level 7
Say it at the first of page 2, I only use the adding terrain.. Why?? Cause Blizzard give us a very small limits and doesn't give permission to add an tiles that have cliff with it

Status
Not open for further replies.