• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problem with WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok, so here's my problem. WE (Original) won't open my map.. more or less, it won't open any custom map ever since I tried using WEU, it just crashes.. WEU crashes as well. This is really irritating because it will open ANY of the Blizzard made maps, but none that are custom made by me or another user, even if it's unprotected. I seriously hope that I didn't protect my map when I was messing with it. It says "access violation" or something like that. I even uninstalled WEU and that didn't help at all.

Level 3
The thing is, it crashes WEU also, as well as UMSWE. I can't work on my map at the moment, and I don't have the CDs with me so I can't re-install it either (I'm using a no-cd crack).

Also, I didn't even touch any other maps with WEU and I can't even open my really old maps that I had just messed around on. This includes some spell systems that I downloaded a while back. It crashes when it starts loading the "Units" on the progress bar.

Edit: I re-installed WEU and tried it again, but it's doing the same thing. I don't get it.. please help me :(
Also, I can open the spell systems I downloaded, but not my map. This will really really suck if I have to completely restart, because if I have to, i'm going to give it up.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
access violation

That error is not a usual WC error.
Check your firewalls and program management programs incase it was blocked when you messed with WE. Also makesure you log on as an administrator of your computer, it could be that for somereason, your computer profile is denied from using thoes files. Reinstalling WC3 is the easiest way, aslong as you legally brought a copy and have proof of purchase, you can go and torrent it and reinstall from a torrent since it is perfectly legal then.

NOTE - Do not ask where can I get WC3 off the net, this site does not support it, and I am only giving you guidelines.

Level 3
I wasn't going to ask that.. Too bad, My CDs are at my friend's house :emote_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.