• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WEU map unopenable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Yeah, I know... WEU sucks, no need to tell me, I just used it many years ago and now I've got a problem with it.

I just received a PM from someone to unprotect a map of mine, because it couldn't be opened.
I though that was kind of weird (since I never protect my maps), so I checked it out and the file couldn't be opened indeed ("Init Advanced Triggers" missing - you would expect WEU to know what that trigger is, right?)

Anyway, so I opened the WE Enhancer, re-checked the box which said "Enable Advanced Triggers" and saved the map, the file size increased a lot every time I saved the map (a total of +13MB) and I still couldn't open it, I tried removing all imported files (if the file size increases that much, perhaps it had something to do with it), the file size did not reduce (a lot) and the problem didn't dissapear.
I tried enabling/disabling all features, without any positive results.
The backup-files are all 'corrupted' as well... :/

So basically I'm asking whether someone has a possible solution for this or not.
If you want to whine about how much WEU sucks, write your comment in notepad, look at it, be proud and then delete it in order to not waste my time.

Is this because of the new patch? (1.24x), since I didn't have any problems before the update? (if yes: how come it affects WE, which doesn't use that update).
I last opened a WEU-made map about a year ago by the way.

Attachments

• DoomRaiders ORPG (2).w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to open it with WEU and delete all of WEUs crap custom GUI. If you can not do that then I am afraid the map is lost (or atleast the triggers are).

I can make such maps loadable by deleting all the triggers however.

If you know programming you could write a script to delete all non included GUI from the map so only valid GUI triggers remain (thus it becomes openable).

Level 13
Can't you just open it with WEU again?
That should work shouldn't it. Then you can delete all the advanced triggers.

If that doesn't work you need to open the map with an mpq archiever and find the file which saves the triggers.
Then open it with notepad and replace all the advanced triggers with custom code to remove the bugs.

Level 28
Dr Super Good & DarkAngelAzazel said:
You need to open it with WEU and delete all of WEUs crap custom GUI.

------------------------

Can't you just open it with WEU again?
No, that's exactly the problem xD
I can't open the map with WEU, even though I have Advanced Triggers enabled.

The problem seemed so f'ed up I decided to post it here ^^

Dr Super Good said:
If you can not do that then I am afraid the map is lost (or atleast the triggers are).

I can make such maps loadable by deleting all the triggers however.

If you know programming you could write a script to delete all non included GUI from the map so only valid GUI triggers remain (thus it becomes openable).
I don't quite like the first part of this quote xD (the plan was that the map works and the advanced triggers are removed).
The second part is a lot better, unfortunately I don't know any programming languages apart from a little bit of JASS and J-Script.

DarkAngelAzazel said:
If that doesn't work you need to open the map with an mpq archiever and find the file which saves the triggers.
Then open it with notepad and replace all the advanced triggers with custom code to remove the bugs.
When I open it with an MPQ archiver, it converts all GUI to JASS, which messes up everything pretty bad, but I don't really know much about that subject I'm afraid.
Do you know a method to remain the GUI-form of the triggers?

Dr Super Good said:
Its the GUI that causes this, JASS can not prevent WE from opening a map.

If you have a powerful file editor you can delete the broken actions but I do not know of one nor how the file system works.
Well, yes... it's the messed up GUI that WEU uses, at the moment I wish I had never used it :/
I'll do a little bit of research about this, see if I can find anything of value (might learn something while doing so as well).

Thanks for your ideas.

Level 13
Wait a moment :/

You got me wrong :D

There is a file in the mpq archive which actually saves the gui code. (that's the one which is often deleted when protecting a map)

You need to find that file and change the wrong gui triggers to custom code so it will work :)

I latly read a threat where somebody even offered a 5$ payment for repairing his map.
Maybe you can find that post and ask the guy who did it (he succeded)

Level 28
If it is WEU trigger issues, you could try opening it with JNGP while having UMSWE enabled.
Nope, tried that (before your post actually, I kind of forgot to mention this in the first post, as I thought it was obvious that if I cannot open it with the actual WEU, I can't open it with UMSWE inside JNGP either xD).

Wait a moment :/

You got me wrong :D

There is a file in the mpq archive which actually saves the gui code. (that's the one which is often deleted when protecting a map)

You need to find that file and change the wrong gui triggers to custom code so it will work :)

I latly read a threat where somebody even offered a 5$ payment for repairing his map.
Maybe you can find that post and ask the guy who did it (he succeded)
O_O first time I hear about this... going to check it out (I ain't gonna pay tho xD)

ap0c asked for help? Shock.

But anyways, some guy named Laosh'ra used to have a tool that removed WEU crap, but it's lost now... maybe you could ask him.
I'm also allowed to ask questions here D: (certainly if it's such a huge fail like this).

I'll try searching for that guy... of course, if you've got any information (at all) of where I can find him, that'd be great :)

I've got a lot of researching to do >.<

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well so far the triggers can not be saved. WEU has well and truely messed them up despite only 2 actions being used as far as I can tell. The GUI trigger format is too damn complicated for an easy fix.

JNGP does not help, nor does normal WE.

All MPQ editors being totally usless does not help as well.

I have however saved the terrain.

Attachments

• DoomRaiders ORPG.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
Level 28
Yeah, uhm... that's weird xD
I really can't open it in any way, perhaps my editor again? (it's been doing weird stuff recently: GUI triggers that failed with no reason at all, models that just... 'merged' in-game).

Bahh, stupid editor of mine D:

Edit: Dr Super Good also seems to have problems with it... some people don't and some people do, I really don't get it now xD

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its called broken WEU GUI actions.

The problem is I do not know the format enough to be able to fix it as it is as robust as the dodo.

TurnRegrowingTreesOn true
Need to find a way to rid the world of that abomination inorder for the map to load.
Note half the symbols are not showing up above so it is not as simple as it looks.

Level 16
Seas =)

Hmm now I have only 1 error with JNGP <-- it gives me an error while:

Loading triggers [71/354] with Massage: Trigger function does not exist in database "HasUnitAbility"

I can open it only with WEU now - didn't found this part up to now maybe you know where to find it.

Attachments

• DoomRaiders ORPG [Boom].w3x
    2.7 MB · Views: 81
Level 28
I still can't open it with WEU... you've got an older version or something? (I have 1.20, apparantly the latest version).

Anyway, I've found someone else (not Laosh'ra), "Berbanog", who could also open the map (just like Dr. Boom could, for some stupid reason) and he's trying to fix all the advanced functions right now.

@Boom, you forgot to remove the condition for the "Flurry" ability trigger.

Also the method I used:
Since I can't open WEU on win7 I simply copied the WEU/UI/TriggerData.txt and TriggerStrings.txt into my WC3's UI folder. This made me open the map with normal/JNGP WE but resulted in lots of string errors, in a positive way though. Anyway it was easy to extinguish Advanced triggers as those were shown as WESTRINGS_ETC.

Attachments

• DoomRaiders ORPG Works.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
Level 28
@Boom, you forgot to remove the condition for the "Flurry" ability trigger.

Also the method I used:
Since I can't open WEU on win7 I simply copied the WEU/UI/TriggerData.txt and TriggerStrings.txt into my WC3's UI folder. This made me open the map with normal/JNGP WE but resulted in lots of string errors, in a positive way though. Anyway it was easy to extinguish Advanced triggers as those were shown as WESTRINGS_ETC.
Wow, this really works, thank you :O

Strange, I have Win 7 and I can open WEU (maybe that's why I couldn't open Dr. Boom's map?).

Status
Not open for further replies.