• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Two questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1) WEU- Remove Unit Editor Categories

Whenever i try to change the editor suffix, or delete a unit/ability/object data, world editor goes OMGWTF and goes crazy, and wont respond for like 10 seconds.

I've heard that this WEU Function will speed that up immensely, but is it still safe to use. I know that WEU only somewhat works with 1.21, so will this screw up my map?

2) is there a way to merge object data (for when i'm importing thigs from spell maps.). I want to simply add the custom units from one to another. I've tried the function on grimore that says merge object data, but it just corrupted my map :(. Is there a way to do this.

Thank you in advance for any help

Level 2
well i use WEU and ive had no problems with my map so far... And its rather in depth and its all been in WEU. Hell its an AoS map so theres a bunch of advanced triggers and its working fine. My friend even opened it up without WEU a few days ago, so ive encountered no problems yet...

Level 8
well you shuld ONLY use weu if you really have to change the map size or add some variables or nabey add some WEIRD doodad copeis, elles you shuldent use weu cus its famous to skrew the data or ma even crash your map. DarkStrike.. you mussent have the weu to open and edit a map... (if you aint using any weird feauters that rec weu). Good Luck

Level 21
don't use WEU. Not even for map increases because if you increase map, you have to increase the amount of doodads too in order to avoid the map to become an empty one, which increases map size (in kb) and loading time.

1) Go to "Window", then deselect "Brush List". Everytime you make a change in your object editor, WE will try to refresh the brush list completelly, which leads to terrible lag. By disabling it, there's no need to refresh it every time. Note that - ofcourse - your brush list will dissappear at the bottom left of the terraining screen, although I never use it anyway.
2) the most efficient way I know is copying all data to a CAMPAIGN (campaign window), then open your map you wish the object data to be imported in, then copy the data from your campaign. Still annoying but it speeds up the process.

Level 2
I love you Eleandor, you've probably saved me hundreds of hours in my life that I would have spent waiting for the list to update, or spent switching between maps. Thanks a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.