• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #5 - Neutral Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
K, here it is ingame.
I tried adding flames to it for its death but they dont appears to show ingame =/

ignore its name atm.

Attachments

• showingame1.jpg
    showingame1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 303
  • Demon Citadel3.mdx
    103.5 KB · Views: 102
Level 23
Okay, here's my pack so far.

There's a few more minor things like pot-plants and a bench that don't warrant being shown right now.

More buildings and asides will be added.

Attachments

• HugeHouse.jpg
    HugeHouse.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 218
  • LongHouse1.jpg
    LongHouse1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 214
  • House2.jpg
    House2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 235
  • House1.jpg
    House1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 312
  • Gate.jpg
    Gate.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 321
  • LongHouse2.jpg
    LongHouse2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 190
  • PagodaLarge.jpg
    PagodaLarge.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 242
  • PagodaMedium.jpg
    PagodaMedium.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 250
  • PagodaTiny.jpg
    PagodaTiny.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 203
  • PagodaWallCorner.jpg
    PagodaWallCorner.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Tent.jpg
    Tent.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 248
  • Wall.jpg
    Wall.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 215
Level 31
Ok, got me three Huts now. The look simular so they fit in with eachother.

The first one is just a basic hut. The scond one is like a butchers/food storage hut. And the third one his a chiefton/shaman/warrior's hut. Ans the thing in the corners of the last two are close ups of some of the stuff.

Attachments

• Contes1WIP.JPG
    Contes1WIP.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 175
  • Contes3WIP.JPG
    Contes3WIP.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Contes2WIP.JPG
    Contes2WIP.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 226
Level 45
Im gettin some weird things...

I test in WE and when i place them and in display window for the model...transparent versions of the model flash everywhere..any help?

Attachments

• Demonic Table.mdx
    27.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Demonic Chair.mdx
    14.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Demonic Bench.mdx
    13.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Demon Tomb2.mdx
    5.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Demon Tomb.mdx
    5.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Claw Cage.mdx
    17.9 KB · Views: 74
I'm making a superb family food restaurant and call it "Papa Kodo's Happy Food House".

Here is a WIP of this building. I'll add a Kodo beast statue (with a smile) on the roof later.

Rofl. But I agree, maybe you should add a little more space by thinning the blocks holding up the roof. (Technically, they shouldn't be called "Pillars" because they aren't cylinders.)

Using multiple textures

Made the "pillars" thinner, and added a Kodo statue (will make it statue-like when modified in Magos). Started giving textures on the model.

One question. Is it possible to give the building model the ability to use more than one texture? If yes, how?

Well all you have to do is to copy the model and make the copy use another texture. (Just like the Mountain King has been done)

Then you must make a geoset animation for those models. When model 1 is visible, model 2 is invisible and vice versa.

Or if you mean that you want to use 2 textures at the same time, you must just split the model in 2 geosets and then assign both geosets their own materials and textures.

I hope that helped

Level 7
Here is my WIP picture.

Started as an early English gothic cathedral, but that was too big (4000+ faces) and Gmax screwed it up so I can't open it anymore.

After reinstalling Gmax, I tried to make a simpler and more friendly cathedral. By that I mean that the lot of peaks on the buildings makes it look like it can "reach the sky", but it also makesit look like it "hurts" the sky somehow.

So I wanted to make a cathedral with no, or only a few peaks to make it look friendly.

xx.jpg
Uses the old Cathedral texture.
1536 faces.
I don't plan adding more models, only if they are needed to qualify.

Only the re-texturing some faces and the exporting remains.

PS.: The shape of the towers is a tribute to a great architect and one of his buildings. Guess who is he, what's the name of his building and where it is? (First one who tells me the correct answers gains some rep from me)

Level 35
As soon as I find a way to make the team color tower tops, house parts, and the central catheral structure I should be able to finish this High Elf cathedral, then I'll focus on the doodads.

........but of course I am not having much luck with the tower tops and central structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.