• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #6 - Halloween Unit/Doodad

Status
Not open for further replies.
modelingcompetition.gif

Modeling Competition #6

Deadline: 24th November 2007 (0:00 AM, GMT) - with possible extension. Winner(s) will be decided by the final votes of a public poll.

For this contest you will have to create your very own halloween-styled unit (ideas: something with a pumpkin) or doodad (a spooky house or something).

If you decide to make a unit type model, it should contain following:
  • Stand animations
  • Attack animation(s)
  • Spell animation(s)
  • Walk animation
  • Death animation
  • Dissipate animation or Decay animations (bones and corpse)
  • Proper portrait camera
  • Use of in game textures
If you decide to make a doodad type model, it should contain following:
  • Stand animation
  • Proper death animation
  • Proper portrait camera
  • Use of in game texture
That's it. You are required to make at least one doodad type model or a unit type model however one may also make as many extra doodads/units that fit with the style as they wish, as long as the extras also follow the requirements and rules.

Rules and Guidelines:
  • Follow requirements above.
  • You have to make sure the model(s) is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  • Custom or in game textures are allowed.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, texture(s) in .blp format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the model for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old works.
Prizes:
The winner will receive +75 Reputation Points and a Special Award Icon.
Second place will receive +50 Reputation Points.
Third place will receive + 25 Reputation Points.

Level 45
Wow, what a great idea. Maybe somebody will look to Nightmare before Christmas for some inspiration. Seems like an excellent idea for a modeling contest, next we'll cover thanksgiving and make cowboys and indians.

Not every friggin country Celebrates thanks giving =_=, it's mainly just a US thing to my knowledge.

Level 45
Doodad pack for me as im a bad animator and cbf making a unit.

• Pumpkin (2 variations)
  • Scarecrow
  • Skulls (Spooky type)
  • Spooky Trees (2 variations or just 1)
  • Candy bag Attachment
  • Pumpkin head Attachment
  • 3 Spooky Mask attachments
  • And candy, maybe attachment and or as items.
and... maybe a model edit of some shit..bleh....pumpkin dude, werewolf or a ghost dude.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

...mortals of the surface ground...?

Level 16
Here we go!
this is the basic WIP-Picture from my model.
Its a Goblin with a giant chainsawlike weapon and an steeljaw. Also I'll add some trophies on his back and change his amor so far.
No the saw isnt finished on this picture, imagine 5 sharp, rusty sawblades. Well back to work.

I know you think: Damn not again a Goblin. But what did you expected from me?

Attachments

• Sawmaniac.jpg
    Sawmaniac.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 269
Level 12
WILL Geomerging is very easy. Just edit the geosets you want to merge,getting rid of stuff you dont want, and then put a marker on a few of the vertexes of the geoset. Edit the second one, then position it so it is in the correct version based on where your markers are (If you are attaching a sword, for instance, put a marker or two on the hand and then move the sword geoset until it is in position corresponding to the markers you placed). Then open up Geoset merger and just find the base file and the second file, and do some of that editing stuff, and its merged. Ill PM you more details, I think I went too off-topic already, sorry guys.

Level 8
Hey donut3.5, does your pumpkin warrior use the shadow strike face, from the warden's spell? The little laughing shadow thing? Or is it that flame one? Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.