• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #4 - Mech/Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Don't be afraid, just make yours holy-crap-wtf-awesome and your sure to win !

(Seriously though, spend the time you took to make posts to improve your model, a nice way to help is an ultra badass texture and some great anims +effects).

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Just over a week left. No extension this time.

Level 13
one week? there is no way I can finish it :( still need to finish the texture and animate it...plus next week are my final exams at college :(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 906
Last edited:
Level 7
well, im afk from my model for two weeks

Do you not know what that means? Im not going to be able to get to my model for two weeks because of a trip. It wasn't because of low-esteem, I just don't have the money to get resources like PSP / Photoshop / 3DSM, and I'm not good at transfering things I visual into model, drawings, textures and such. I think I'll just stick with programming and do modeling for fun.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I can't, I'm away from my normal computer for another week : / Just read the first post and make sure it meets the criteria. Or ask someone else to look over it for you.

One day guys.

Level 21
meh... didn't get to finish it because I have a life :( lol (in other words saying I was out yesterday afternoon)

~edit~
I know this's on the 20th when it's supposed to end but here's the centaur robot if it still counts for anything, if it doesn't, then just go with the pinkybot

~edit~

Now has 2 attachment points and an attachment weapon
left hand
right hand

This is replacing the robo pinky as my entry

Attachments

• CentaurRobotSS.jpg
    CentaurRobotSS.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 571
  • CentaurRobotTexture.blp
    60.9 KB · Views: 134
  • CentaurRobot.mdx
    123.2 KB · Views: 113
  • SwordGunTexture.blp
    14.7 KB · Views: 122
  • CentaurRobotSSA.jpg
    CentaurRobotSSA.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 481
  • SwordGunAttachment.mdx
    12.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 21
Mechanical Man, IMO it's a little too inanimate. It doesn't really do anything on most of the animations except one part of it moving which seems like not much work was put into it, but I guess it wouldn't move much since it's a big robot. The walk animation and death animations are nice though and the model's good looking.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Contest closed. I will look over the thread and have a voting thread up in a few days, give me a break since I'm still on vacation for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.