• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #6 - Halloween Unit/Doodad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
K, here's another WIP! Next I'm gonna focus on adding gore to the rib cage, mainly focused on the left (as you can see from the transparent bloody texture)

Attachments

• ZombieSkeletonWIPSS1.jpg
    ZombieSkeletonWIPSS1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 330
  • ZombieSkeletonWIPSS2.jpg
    ZombieSkeletonWIPSS2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 306
  • ZombieSkeletonWIPSS3.jpg
    ZombieSkeletonWIPSS3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 305
Level 35
Some updates of Azrael...The Angel Of Death!!!

I need a better texture for the scythe, and I still need to find a texture for the clothes...But it is an update none the less.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 246
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 208
Level 35
Yes...The Medivh part will be given a different skin. What that skin is I do not know.....But I hope to not have to make a custom skin, because I have done the model entirely without need of custom skins.

I will consider removing the horns though.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Hmm... yes. A dark-red robe would be awesome and would go especially well with the bats' wings.

Also please don't use the regular skeleton head, Elenai. It is definitely overused and wont be close to original.

Personally, I like the lich head.
But in case you want to change it, here's a list of suggested heads:
- Shade
- Acolyte
- Death-knight (with a hood he'd look awesome)
- Necromancer

I make a pack of human ghosts (NOT as in sheets with chains though). The models might look like the original Blizzard models, but they are in transparent and has animations from Sorceress, Orc Grunt, Acolyte, Dreadlord and Blood Mage.

Here are the WIPs so far. I know the following stuffs I have to do more...
- Fixing the Portraits to make them look ghostly. (feedbacks from model editors plz)
- Removing the elves ears and fixing the shoulderpads, so they become human teenagers instead.
- Make more human ghosts.
- Adding particles on death animations.

I bet they will be perfect for a haunted house map or a ghost hunt map.

Attachments

• wip-ghosts.jpg
    wip-ghosts.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 221
So the ghosts would be walking around?
and not hovering?

They will hover like a ghost.

I've uploaded video of the Male ghost's animations (all ghosts uses these animations). They were capped with HyperCam 2 and model were viewed in Magos Model Editor. The names are in the order the animations are showing...

Attack - 1
Attack - 2
Death
(Dissipate should go there, but Model Editor doesn't show spawned models, in this case the Undead Dissipate)
Spell
Spell Channel
Spell Slam
Stand 1
Stand 2
Stand Channel
Stand Work
Walk

Note that the video is compressed in WMV format to make the file smaller.

Attachments

• wc3-Ghost-animations.wmv
    2.3 MB · Views: 115

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Some are better fit for the model than others. The death, hover and walk are especially good for this, but a number of the others are unnecessary in my opinion.

Added more ghosts. And now their portraits look ghostly too.
I'm not sure that particles on the base would fit for regular ghosts. And if they did, would they be in the origin part or the chest part.

@Chriz.: Maybe those unnecessary animations could be useful if you use the ghost as a hero unit.

And yay for Will's pumpkin icon!

Attachments

• wip-ghosts-2.jpg
    wip-ghosts-2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 244
In the walk anim he comes forward too fast near the end.
Attack 1 - he should chop with the axe, not whack. Needs to be angled more.
Death - he does some funny bending with his legs before his head falls apart.
Spell - he slides a bit with his legs after he roars or whatever.

Shoulderpads and shield should be double sided.

I love the spell throw anim though. You'd need a separate missle thingy though.

I've given the particles to all the ghosts I've made, though you can't see it correctly in the screeny here.

However, I've uploaded one Ghost model so people can have a look and how it works in World Editor (in other words, the model is here for testing purpose).
Note: I've checked Model Space on the Particle so it does not have that tail effect when the ghost walks/hovers.

Attachments

• wip-ghosts-3.jpg
    wip-ghosts-3.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 535
  • GhostAdultMale-Beta.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 50
I've given the particles to all the ghosts I've made, though you can't see it correctly in the screeny here.

However, I've uploaded one Ghost model so people can have a look and how it works in World Editor (in other words, the model is here for testing purpose).
Note: I've checked Model Space on the Particle so it does not have that tail effect when the ghost walks/hovers.

Those animation transfers go very good along together. Would you mind me If I use those animation set as one for my models ?

Status
Not open for further replies.