• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #1 - Attachment Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The Hive Workshops' First:
modelingcompetitionzh6.gif

Modeling Competition #1

The Hive Workshop is hosting it's first modeling competition!

Deadline: 15th of March 2007 - with possible extension. Winner(s) will be decided by the final votes of a public poll.

For this contest you will have to create your very own attachment pack.
Base idea from TDR's modeling contest theme.

In case you don't know, an attachment is a model that can be attached in-game to a certain point on a unit. Such as a sword can be attached to the hand, so it looks like he now wields a weapon. Attachments also work on heads and other places of a unit.

The number of models you create for your pack does not matter, however, people might find a pack with more models more useful than those with two or three. Also, the type of attachments is not limited to weapons only. Either way, it is up to the creator.

Rules and Guidelines:
  • You have to make sure the attachments are fully and correctly functional in-game.
  • No extracting attachments from in-game models.
  • The models must be textured, either in-game textures, or custom textures.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your models/skins in .mdx and .blp format, and an in-game screenshot of every model.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the models/textures for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old works.
  • Keep the polycount quite low, as these are supposed to be useful attachments as a pack.

Prizes - The winner will receive +75 Reputation Points and a Special Award Icon.
Second place will receive +50 Reputation Points.
Third place will receive + 25 Reputation Points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Rober, you can't use models you have already made, they must me made new for this competition.

And Xlight, I don't think co-op teams will be allowed, it wouldn't be fair to others working alone, and the prize would be difficult to give. Sorry.

Level 8
Deal me in.

Also, here is my first piece. I will be making a set of armor and weapon attachments based on this.

Update: Added shield piece, shoulders

Axe: 129 polygons. Total time: about 2 hours
Shield: 142 polygons. Total time: about 1 hour
Shoulders: 2x210 polygons. Total time: about 2 hours

Attachments

• rune_axe1.jpg
    rune_axe1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 373
  • rune_shield1.jpg
    rune_shield1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 359
  • runeshoulders1.jpg
    runeshoulders1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Level 45
Prepare for teh crap!
@Rober Artua: Helmet attachments are generally useless as Wc3 models have different sized heads
EDIT: Crap overdose anyone?

Attachments

• 01.PNG
    01.PNG
    35.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 02.PNG
    02.PNG
    43.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 03.PNG
    03.PNG
    61.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 04.PNG
    04.PNG
    61.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Level 45
"You must make the models/textures for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old works."
You must make NEW,you cant edit old ones and make them look like new. Everyone *should* be starting from from scratch (unless they are a model-editor). Its just unfair to other people...
And Slickr, hes showing the model, he cannot enter that one, it is old., it doesnt matter if it isnt finished.

Correct me if im wrong fella.

As I said I deleted the old model and made new one from 0 yesterday , so I dont understand what is the matter . And I am planning to make textures tommorow .

P.S. I think its unfair if u decide that it is an old . U dont have any facts !!!!
If I can not post my models , which I made by my self and spent lots of time on it , I wont take part in ur unfair competiton .

Last edited:
Level 7
I believe you.They look great and i don't think you should quit.You have great potential and so far they look great personaly i would use them in a heartbeat there great.

Level 45
I never accused, i suspected, there is a difference and i said correct me if so.

and its abit hard to figure out when you say this:

Actually it wasnt ready then and it is not ready yet , few days ago I optimized it coz it was about 1000 polys . So it can not be old because it is not ready yet .

then you said you deleted the old one..and my brain skips and it kinda caused confusion.

Anyway, still enter, i'm actually surprised there are so many entries already....i hope to see more and ill work on mine later, might add more stuff.

Im going for a barbarian spiky feel, spiky as in ragnaros spiky, and barbarian as in tauren/orc/dragonish kinda feel.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Rober, Wulf is correct. But as long as you restarted this one from scratch for this competition, then it is acceptable.

Dio, I saw these on Wc3campaigns months ago, you can't enter them.

Impressive stuff all of you.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Nice ones there Illidan. If I were you I'd use the texture from the goblin shredder's buzz-saw hand for that chainsaw blade. Would fit perfectly, and make it look very deadly. Will you give it a passive animation where it is constantly spinning?

First one:
hookpromoxs6.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Ah, can't believe I forgot to mention particles! Nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.