• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #2 - Creep Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

modelingcompetitionzh6.gif

Modeling Competition #2

Deadline: 30th of April 2007 - with possible extension. Winner(s) will be decided by the final votes of a public poll.

For this contest you will have to create your very own Creep Hero. Let me explain:

There are plenty of diverse creep races, as we know. Your goal would be to create a cooler, badder, meaner, and just plain more awesome unit for that race, and produce it in hero form. Also, try to be creative, not just plop some big armor on a troll and say "LOL TROLL HERO."

Models would require, of course:

• Hero Glows
  • Dissipate animation
  • Proper portrait camera
  • All standard animations (Stand, Stand Ready, Walk, Death, Attack)
  • Spell animations of course being a nice touch to the hero idea, but not necessary.
  • Must be for a creep race featured in Warcraft III, not one you made up, or taken from DnD or WoW.
  • Not taken from a main race (ie. Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf) Though, can be from one of the sub-races, such as Dwarf, Nerubian, Tauren etc.

No, this does not require you to scratch animate your model (though that would be nice too.) Proper animation transferring can be a lifesaver. Geomerging is also allowed, but try to be creative as I said before. And try not to all take the same race, try even more difficult races, such as Faceless Ones or Magnataurs.

Rules and Guidelines:

• Follow requirements above.
  • You may only enter one submission.
  • You have to make sure the model is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  • The model must be textured, either in-game textures, or custom textures. If custom, made by yourself.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your model/skin in .mdx and .blp format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the model/texture for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old works.
  • Keep the polycount under 1200.

Prizes:
The winner will receive +75 Reputation Points and a Special Award Icon.
Second place will receive +50 Reputation Points.
Third place will receive + 25 Reputation Points.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Humans would go? Because in warcraft are some human bandits and mages as creeps.

In that sense, would have to be a bandit-type hero.

And Di, no, the award will be exclusive for the Hive.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

So this means that if I scratch modelled something for this I would also have to skin and animate it? That's a lot of work to do.

I'm going to use in-game textures for mine.

Good to see you joining TDR, will be nice to see your work here.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

lol i wish i could join, but the last time i tried to model a sword i got a headahce... and a very interesting squiggle on my computer... :thumbs_down: but where will the entrys be posted?
The entries will be posted in this thread.

Oh dang it! I have no idea what to do...

I'll probably just whip up something using magos' thingy, since I can't even make a cube anywhere else, or even know how to make a single animation...

Do critters count as creeps?
A critter Hero? Needs attacks and all the proper animations still.

Can we use a death animation that alrdy dissipate the hero (like lich,dreadlord,warlock) or we have to make a dissipate animation even if it's a dummy?
it should be fitting to the theme of the model. Not a troll being dissipated by flying purple spirits.

I suppose elementals go in the creep category too, right? I mean I know there's this lava-like hero that you can buy from a tavern or something and he looked pretty elemental to me.
Yes.

Nice furbolg hump.

Level 19
@camel's_hump Yeah go Furbolgs! I hope you will make it a strength warrior. I really need that kind of model and I look forward to your progress. I hope you can do your best, because I will most likely use this. This competition is very good. I think I will find use to most of your models.

[*]Not taken from a main race (ie. Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf) Though, can be from one of the sub-races, such as Dwarf, Nerubian, Tauren etc.
I think skeletons aren't really a sub-race to undead. They are quite pure undead, but they can also be seen as creeps, so I guess they're all allowed.

I might join the competition if I have enough spare time...

Status
Not open for further replies.