• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #2 - Creep Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Ok, since some people like one thing and others like the other, I'll live it as it is. Here's how it will look in the game.

Attachments

• efreet_wc3.jpg
    efreet_wc3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 190

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Is that your own custom particle texture?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

No, I like it a lot to be honest, thats why I asked. Thought it might be an in-game one I haven't seen.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
Making particles red will most definitely not solve the problem, it will be even more obvious because making them red will make the particles more transparent and it just won't fit anyway.
And you can see it because it's a very close shot, I guarantee that in-game you won't see it and you won't even be tempted to see it. But I will alpha out some around that region to make a smoother blending anyway.

Level 32
[off topic]

... will you make it available?
TDR has already answered this, but:
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your model/skin in .mdx and .blp format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
Therefore, the models and associated textures will be available for download from this thread (at least for the duration of the contest and the ensuing polling process).

It's my hope that all the competitors will also post their models in The Hive's model resource section: judging by the looks of the entires so far, they would all certainly be permanently included in our archives.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Nearing the 5 day countdown people. Keep it up.

Level 8
Amazing model TDR. I'm guessing thats the spell animation? or does he like to take a bite out of crime?

In my honest opinion, after this competition you should make a variation of that model in which you add the lower body.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

here's a quick preview. unfortunately the screen capture was shitty and skipped several frames, it is actually smoother and better looking.
efreet.gif

Cool. For some reason I just really like those spikes on his back, the texture and size and everything.

Level 18
I wanted the flesh to be more broken and decayed as it went away from vital organs and the face. If I decide against gauntlets, the hands will be completely dried out and decayed. Im going to have to fix the skin up a bit more in the arms i think, along with fixing my unwrap. Overall very minor tweaks and changes to do in 3 days.

Thanks for the comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.