• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #2 - Creep Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I changed my mind. Hardware_Guy pointed out that TDR uses his "fame" to dodge the rules and present a blue demon as an elemental. Anyway, to go right on, elementals are not a race, they are created by a spell, like a golem. So, although TDR's model looks great, it seems that it's at least a border-line case.

Level 2
i hope that many people agree cause i would not like to see TDR win with a model that respresents a elemental but looks like a well-made undead demon.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Don't double post, and don't discourage TDR. (Though I doubt he even cares what you lot say.)

His model fits fine into a creep race, there is a Firelord hero right? That's some type of elemental. Now no more debate if his model (should it be finished) should or should not be allowed.

And Celestea, of course you have to attach the model.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

And a clever name to boot.

Can you put the in-game screenshot in that post as well? So that when I arrange the poll it's easy to show.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
small update

Attachments

• efreet_wip_texture_2.jpg
    efreet_wip_texture_2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 194

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Since people says that the clothes and crown didn't fit my golem model, I have another idea. What if I add some team coloured crystals on the golem, such as crystal spikes on it's shoulderpads, crystal horns on it's head and a crystal heart on it's chest?

Maybe I should give it some face-lift too.

Sounds like a plan.

And TDR, keep it up, but keep your eyes on the clock as well. I'd really like to see the finished product.

Level 45
[Off Topic]

Dionesiist: I had time to cover the in-game screenie for you.
Good luck (everyone) !
Thanks a lot :)
Anyways, good luck everyone :D
Sorry, TDR, but the skin/or lack of it on his face reminds me of cement :\ Not that I could make it better or something, I'm just expressing my opinion...
Oh, Dan van Ohllus, maybe you could do something like Hakkar the Soulflayer's chest for your golem :)
http://www.wowwiki.com/images/thumb/6/6a/Hakkar.jpg/578px-Hakkar.jpg

TDR

TDR

Level 18
1. cement is an ingredient for concrete (to which I suppose you wanted to refer), which is a powder. How does this remind you of powder?
2. Even if you meant concrete, I have never seen concrete that looks like that, maybe you have seen some unique sights.

It's supposed to be metal, with no skin of course, and your error in interpreting the material suggests me that I should work more on it, to make it more metaly, so I will.

Level 45
1. cement is an ingredient for concrete (to which I suppose you wanted to refer), which is a powder. How does this remind you of powder?
2. Even if you meant concrete, I have never seen concrete that looks like that, maybe you have seen some unique sights.
I apologize for confusing the two materials. Yes, it does remind me of concrete, maybe due to the roughness of it's surface which I never would've thought it was metal... but meh, don't mind me :p

Level 23
rdz, why is your model a hero? it looks like a generic faceless one with two clubs...

I always think of heroes simply as members of a race that are more well trained, experienced, whatever, to such an extent that I always try to dispense with the size difference and glow.

This is a Faceless One who is a little taller, has a club that is a little more bad-ass, and has some bad-ass moves dark-magic based moves thrown in. Nothing more, nothing less. He is designed to fit perfectly in-game.

And if you pay attention to the portrait, you can see he's got some bad-ass spikes embedded in his face.

Since people says that the clothes and crown didn't fit my golem model, I have another idea. What if I add some team coloured crystals on the golem, such as crystal spikes on it's shoulderpads, crystal horns on it's head and a crystal heart on it's chest?

Maybe I should give it some face-lift too.

Add some nice ruby's that spout from his chest.... something like how tiberium crystals on humans, except bigger.

Level 45

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

People, drop it, all right? I mean it.

Just get your models done and show them. Discuss which is best at the voting time.

Level 8
Bad news, my Golem model got damaged (probably when I've tried to rescue some formatted files, and the model was one of them) and I can't use it or modify it. And I don't like restart the golem from the beginning.

But I am planning to make an ogre hero though.

>_< I liked that hero alot, but no point complaining about what can't be changed.
All the models look great, some appeal more to me for different reasons right now like usefulness, style, originality etc. Looking forward to the rest of the entries!

Status
Not open for further replies.