• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #3 - Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
we all know how my model is simply amazing and all :wink:.... but i wasnt paying attentiion at all to polys and i thought now that im done modeling, lets count the polys............... im so sad, i got 15000+ polys in my model... 12000 in the keep and castle alone... 6k in keep, 5.5k in castle... ummm.... what should i do?

Level 8
That with some butter...
evilsmile2.png

Only thing that bothers me would be the pipey things, they're all... sparkley. But I suppose it's just the lightning.

Level 23
The bricks are lacking variation because:

a) They're all the same concrete breeze blocks.
b) RDZ Industries keep their shit clean.
c) The same texture segment is used all over the entire model.

I could whip up a new one in ten minutes, but it really wouldn't be worth it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Great citadel Rao, I like how you can see it all building up from the simple bunker, nice development. Fits well with your other models too.

Level 23
Modulate is a multiplication, I believe. Since colours are in the range 0 to 1, it takes most things closer to black. I think. It behaves oddly in some cases, and it doesn't tolerate alpha very well (same as 'transparent' and 'none').

... And here's some 'new skins', just so I can actually enter if I want to.

Last edited:
Mine is 1000 faces or so. Everything is done except particle emmiters.

But I can't export correctly. The Dex exporter script I just got from Helper.net doesn't export anims and bones... and Wc3c is down so I don't know where I can find another version of Dex exporter.

Help? Maybe there's another exporter script for GMAX?

Attachments

• NuclearReactor.jpg
    NuclearReactor.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 149

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Haha, that does look pretty cool WILL. It's animated?

You should add a special effect like starfall, but with your missile falling and exploding so it can be used like an ability. That would get muchos kudos from me.

Haha, that does look pretty cool WILL. It's animated?

You should add a special effect like starfall, but with your missile falling and exploding so it can be used like an ability. That would get muchos kudos from me.

Of course, the birth anim is painfully simple, but the death anim looks cool, thanks to your idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.