• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Modeling Competition #3 - Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wip

Here my WIP a nerubian citadel.I didn't finished it yet.

Attachments

• NerubianCitadel.jpg
    NerubianCitadel.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 264
Level 31
Ok, a little update.

I added some stuff from, what Kuin, but I didn't do every thing. Thereis now a thing infront with a sheil, sword, and helmet on it. I'll probably change whats on it. This is just showing it in second stage. I also changed the Roof for second stage as well.

Attachments

• BaseWIPScreenie4.JPG
    BaseWIPScreenie4.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 203
Level 23
Any way to slow down animation in the mdl after exporting? Cuz I keep getting an 'error: overflow' message in Oinkerwinkle's heading generator when anything goes past like 2000 frames :/

Also, is it alright to cobble together ingame textures onto one file for the skin?

Come on, man, write your own headers! Or get Guesst's exporter to do them for you via some handy comments.

Or, if you're hell-bent on using older kit, crack open my Finaliser from the WC3C MDL editing area. :D

Level 7
I would enter but i only like making elementals (making an elemental lieutenant set) and making blood elves, nothing else really strikes me as all to fun. I'll see about making a building, probably wont meet deadline though and my modeling skills arent the most amazing...

Nvm: im making a: Chamber of the Essences (A elemental version of Altar of Storms) that also doubles as the central hall of Elemental energy 0.0
It upgrades from the Chamber of the Essences to the Halls of Fusion to the Elemental Gateway

Last edited:
Level 7
Thanks folks:)

It looks like disneyland, yes, but disneyland looks like Fishermen's Bastion

I plan the birth animation to look like the building just lifts itself from the ground.

Death animation: I think the towers will just fall into decay.

It will use custom textures to be more likely to the building in the link:)

Edit: WHOA I have 21 rep!! thx:))

It's a bit late now, so I don't think I'll enter. That and I also have exams right about the deadline time, but afterwards I'm free for the summer.

Oh well. I'm definately watching this one!

@ Katu - Do the stairs have to be individual polies? Can't you just make a ramp instead, but then skin it to make it look like stairs? The undead ziggurat does that.

But all of these are looking awesome!

Level 7
Has anybody considered maybe putting little people(or whatever) walking around the building i mean erpsonally it would be kinda hard but totally awesome.Btw guys those are some great designs i just love em don't know who to vote for.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

And that was exactly what I was planning to do with my airship. And I had a perfect idea already for saving time on animation.

Now to just get myself motivated to actually bother and model.

Level 7
Ya little guards or people(or whatever race) walking around would be totally awesome pwnage.Anybody who does that is getting my vote.

Level 13
They would be cool lif they also had palisades going around them (stage 1 - wooden fence/ no wall stage 2 -large wooden wall surrounding entire camp, has entrance stage 3 -stone wall- maybe with archers. would be awesome w/ banners and sheilds.

(I am refering to Cavmans model.)

Last edited:
Level 7
Katu, make that a DE base and make the STAND 1-3 animations have different amounts of towers. That'd be perfect for that model.

Huh, I didn't even know how I will do the texturing.

Animating? What's that? :grin: :grin:

Update: Modeling done!

Note: I plan adding attachment point on top of the towers for flags.
Note2: I do not plan any upgrades, because I don't have time for that, I work 7 days a week, 10 hours a day:) until the next weekend... and I don't have any ideas.

Note3: For the textures, expect something baroque and romantical.

Attachments

• aaa.JPG
    aaa.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 178
Level 5
guys,
i think its time for all the modlers to post a picture of their citadel in all its stages so we can see where everyone is at. lately the only persons model i see is Katu's. so all of u participants post ur pictures so we can see them and help u with suggestions. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.