• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #3 - Citadel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
yeah, well I won't be able to make anything for this challenge. I'm way too busy and exam month is coming in june so I'll be back in the next challenge or maybe the one after the next one.

In the mean time, good luck to everyone and where's my little award icon?

Level 7
yeah, well I won't be able to make anything for this challenge. I'm way too busy and exam month is coming in june so I'll be back in the next challenge or maybe the one after the next one.

That's sad to hear. One of the few reasons why I joined this challenge was that I hoped that your entry may inspire me. :(

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I made it and sent it to Archian a while ago, waiting on an admin to give it to you.

Level 7
This is where I am now, texturing is a pain in the ass for me. It doesn't even have bones. I don't know when I'll finish.

EDIT: Of course I hided untextured meshes. There are some unmapped faces (for example the stairs) on the textured meshes. The roof is all red because I still have to find a good roof texture for it. It's importan because I'll use only the roof for team color.

Attachments

• scr.jpg
    scr.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 146

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Two days until deadline, but if I only get one, or no entries, I'll extend the deadline. Only once though.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Too much homework and prior commitments.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Keep working. If that's the case, it'll just be extended anyway.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

extensionwy9.jpg

One week from the original deadline. New deadline is then Monday June 11th.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Looking cool Illidan.

Nobody appreciates my photoshop skills on that objection picture.... T_T : P

EDIT: Also impressive, SecretArts

Level 12
I have a question: Whenever Illidan models and shows pics, they look they are made out of clay. Is that how it looks while he is making it, or does he do something to it to make it look that way?

lol Secret I thought you had put a skull on your castle (it looks that way until you actually clck the picture.)

lol.
Goblins started to produce nuclear missiles now?

In my mind, yes. :p

Actually, I have a nice idea on a nuke missile. The roof on the circular room thingy will raise and a missile will come out... Either that, or I make an underground silo and a giant missile comes out.

Oh, and when this thing dies, it will explode like a nuke would.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Nice use of textures both of you!

Keep up the hard work guys, we may still have a competition yet!

Level 12
Lol WILL your middle thing looks like a power plant from command and conquer dawn. I like the idea of teh giant missle coming out of the ground.. that would be fun. I don't know how oyu would do it, but maybe have the middle thing split in half and a missle come out between the two sides?

Level 7
Yea, it does, well from now on, my texturing sucks because my photoshop trial just expired and now I cant use photoshop and the gimp sucks... realy bad, i nearly threw my computer because gimp textures werent converting right.
Fun Fact: If you look at my taskbar in my latest screenshots (not the townhall), youll notice that starcraft is open. lol, jus pointing something pointless out!
Edit: Well, i merged the meshes, now i have a mesh for each part, plus a team color mesh for each one seperate
What Programs can u render with?
I get an A for recreating Warcraft 2, but an F for creativity :sad:

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Use in game textures like Illidan, I'm sure there are more tan enough to choose from that would suit your models.

Level 7
Use in game textures like Illidan, I'm sure there are more tan enough to choose from that would suit your models.

I have to merge peicees of textures together so i can use merged meshes, and gimp sux so bad, i cant transfer the alpha layers w/o problems...
im sure you already know that, but, GIMP just pisses my off so much.
Hey illidan, cant wait to see the other stages

Last edited:
I have to merge peicees of textures together so i can use merged meshes, and gimp sux so bad, i cant transfer the alpha layers w/o problems...
im sure you already know that, but, GIMP just pisses my off so much.
Hey illidan, cant wait to see the other stages

Woah, Gimp does not suck... I never have problems like these, and I am sure it can be fixed.

And you don't use layers in GIMP... you just alpha out stuff. GMAX doesn't show alpha BTW... Well, unless you change a certain parameter, which I have no idea where it is. You can change the material filter later in the model editor.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Make it a rickety wooden firework-styled missile.

The death animation could be that it launches, but then stops midair and drops onto the building itself, and *SPLODE*.

Make it a rickety wooden firework-styled missile.

The death animation could be that it launches, but then stops midair and drops onto the building itself, and *SPLODE*.

Abit like that falling rocket that barely got off the ground in that smosh "easy step" video.

Very nice idea. I am totally stealing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.