• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #5 - Neutral Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Okay, so most are around 1000, even so, most buildings, which is more relevant are 2000 is or more. I know, some have semi-complex builds, but its not like a few hundred more is a problem here. Wc3 was released long ago, when the world was young. Many moons have passed since its birth. And compooters are better now. :p

Time for me to update with some In-game Pics.

Attachments

• Infront of Temple.jpg
    Infront of Temple.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 243
  • Inside Temple.jpg
    Inside Temple.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Naga Models.jpg
    Naga Models.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Out Side Temple.jpg
    Out Side Temple.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 220
Level 7
Submission

Thanks for the extension!

However this encouraged me to begin works on more models that I can't finish:)

so... here is my final submission:

Half-elven Cathedral

The submission contains the cathedral of course, and a stone fence piece that can be seen on the ingame shots.

cotf-editor.jpg

Ingame shot:

scr.jpg

Some axonometrical wiews:

front.jpgright.jpgtop.jpgBACK.jpg

I mentioned some unfinished models. Here they are (they're of course not parts of my submission), a church and a weird basilica:

CUF.jpgSA.jpg

Attachments

• cathedral_fence_mid.mdx
    13.1 KB · Views: 126
  • cathedral_of_the_forest_v1-1.mdx
    117.1 KB · Views: 145
Katu, I know you are an architect, but this is WC3, and buildings (without build/death crap) should never have above 1000 triangles. You have used cylinders with 14 slices, where should be either 8 or 6, and the roofs are too smooth. Also, these towers have too smooth ending (You should have used plane instead of sphere/cylinder with 14 segments. All in all, that model has around 2500 triangles (2476 to be precise). You could, though use OPTIMIZE modifier if you use max/gmax, it would halve polycount much, and make it less smooth, thus being more usable for wc3. Also, fence has 180 triangles and detail is barely visiable ingame. If someone wants to make a wall, for first 10, it will take 1800. If someone wants to make a huge wall, he is probably going to kill the game. Fences should not have more than 100 triangles, and ones I make never exceed 50.

Last edited:
Level 11
dammit dammit dammit dammit! I'm grounded from my comp now and my models still bug the game for no reason I can tell. Can someone please DL the ones I posted and see if its just an issue with the computer I'm using because I'm taking the file from another computer, since the one I use for modeling doesnt have Wc3 on it.

TDR

TDR

Level 18
I'm not making anything spectacular so I'll try to compensate by numbers. The unwrap is ready for this one, I just have to find the right bloody textures.
Sorry for the overpaint, I got a little carried away.

Attachments

• nerubianshit_wip_winter.jpg
    nerubianshit_wip_winter.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 315
Level 7
@ Happy Tauren:

Hm, I use 12 sided cylindes for most of the time. The roofs are from 3 pieces (this means a quarter-12sided cylinder). I'll try to use 8-sided cylinders mostly, for example, at this moment I would do the roof with quarter-8sided cylindes (2 rectangles). So, of course, it can be polished. Million thanks for the suggestions, this is the best way to improve me. There are many unfinished models in my gmax/scenes folder and they show how I developed my stlye from model to model. So, on the next buinding/unorganic model competition, I'll participate with a much better one.

@Mechanical Man: Thanks. Anyway, that terrain was made in 1 minutes because I was in a hurry:)

@TDR: What's your opinion about my cathedral? Do you think that is reaches your level? (I'm looking forward to the thay when I can pwn you.)

Level 7
I suppose I have one. Does anyone see an error in my submission? I don't want to be disqualified (though I don't see any errors) just because I forgot, for example, to set the portraits. (they are set anyway)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Closed. Poll will come in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.