• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Competition #5 - Neutral Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personaly, I think wings (bat/dragon/demonic-like) would fit him better now that I've added more stuffs to him, like horns, eyes and shoulder pads. Shoulder pads and the patterns on the horns will be teamcoloured.
Please do not care about the black border on the eyes as I will give it the Additive (or Add Alpha) after the model is exported as MDX.

Elenai said:
Spikes.....make it like Diablo THE LORD OF TERROR.

I want to be a bit creative in this competition instead of making models of game characters.

SuPa said:
It's hands are made weirdly, it's like it has 5 fingers instead of 4 fingers and a thumb. But that might be different when you animate it, idk

Hope I've made the thumbs more thumb-like now in this version.
And I can't scratch animate, so I'll have to steal in-game buiding animations when this model is exported.

Dionesiist said:
I'd say you give him tentacles. And also make the torso somewhat smaller...

Tentacles would make the demon look out of place. And I don't want to make him look too thin.

Attachments

• demonkingstatue2.jpg
    demonkingstatue2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 251
Level 35
Oh I wasnt suggesting making it Diablo...I was merely pointing out a sample. Wings seem a bit overdone when it comes to demons. Spikes on its back (similar to diablo's back) would be more original and actually it would be easier on polycount and easier to make. Thus its original, practical, and it would still look good.

Level 35
Here is another sample of my High Elven Doodads.

These are just the first set of walls and collumns and arches however.

PS: Would it be ok if we had an extension of time like perhaps to the end of September. I have school and stuff and I have alot to do along with alot of models to geomake. Its a little time consuming and the deadline is worrying me a little.

Attachments

• Silvermoon.jpg
    Silvermoon.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Silvermoon2.jpg
    Silvermoon2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 258

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

PS: Would it be ok if we had an extension of time like perhaps to the end of September. I have school and stuff and I have alot to do along with alot of models to geomake. Its a little time consuming and the deadline is worrying me a little.

Sorry but no. This started before August, which means by the deadline it will have been a month. A two month long contest is ridiculous. Perhaps I can extend it a week so more can manage to finish, but no more.

Level 31
Ok, so here's my entry. The Orc wagon has two versions, onethats red and one thats TC, sense it's based off the catapult. The Church has three versions, Black roof, Blue Roof, and TC roof. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

The teal ones are thoes ones with TC

Attachments

• Contest Doodads-slash-Buidlings.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 126
  • ContestIngame.jpg
    ContestIngame.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Rules and Guidelines:

• Follow requirements above.
  • You may enter more than one model, but all together they count as one submission.
  • You have to make sure the model(s) is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  • The model must be textured using in-game textures and be correctly pathed to use them without importing the used textures.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the model for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old works.
Everyone pay attention when submitting, like you Cavman, we need the in game shot of everything in the submission post.

Oh, and Dan, how many polies? And I don't like what you did with those eyes. Unless you were planning to make the black part additive, no?

Dan van Ohllus said:
Please do not care about the black border on the eyes as I will give it the Additive (or Add Alpha) after the model is exported as MDX.

Plus I haven't counted the polies, but I'm pretty sure its a little more than 1000.

My Demon King Statue has been exported. And I've added spikes on the back, since it did look better than having wings. And I've also made the demon part darker to match the colors with the pillars.
Animations are taken from the ingame Human Shipyard model (not shown in the screeny), though I've added a duplicate of it's Stand Work to make a birth animation.

Here are some ingame shots on the model. Any last comments and/or feedbacks before I submit it?

Attachments

• demonkingstatue-almostfinished.jpg
    demonkingstatue-almostfinished.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 229
Maybe make fire ontop of his hands?
--donut3.5--

He has green sparkling things ontop of his hands when Stand Work animation is played, so I can't add fire effects there unless I place the sparkling things above the head and give the hands rooms for fire.

ragingspeedhorn said:
Looks really great, but the head looks empty in some odd way, like bald men where the head shines, you know? Couldn't "something" be added there? Or make the face less human like.

A hair or any type of hat or helmet would make the demon look stupid. I'm quite satisfied of having him the baldy look....and with horns. It's just I find it appropriate.
And the face is pretty less human like since it has no ears and no nose.

Level 23
Because I spend all my time pouring every ounce of awesomeness into him; if I didn't, then I'd fail in my duty to represent him appropriately.

And that means no time to cook random doodads -- which may be fun for ten minutes, but doesn't have the lasting appeal of a good Prime well done.

Level 23
Dude, fuck off, I don't give a shit how Daedric it actually is.

Now, for my main building submission...

Before time began, there was… the cube. We know not where it came from, only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them… with life.

Attachments

• cube.jpg
    cube.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.