• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zzone's Storybook "Lore" Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
If you guys need more help, I'll be glad to do so, but usually only during hollidays, dued to school :p

Anyway, if someone could tell me how to attach files to the comments (I'm relatively new in here), I can send you the prologue of a story I'm writting. I'll write about mostly anything, though my favourite genres are Fantasy and Medieval Stuff.

Level 10
Request:

Map Type: Warcraft
Link to Map Thread: I don't have a page for it, sadly :'( The map is about the Illidari (Illidan's army of draenai, blood elves and naga) against the Burning Legion (Magtheridon's rallied army of rebellious fel orcs, Maiev's vengeful Watchers and angered demons). It's basically an AoS where whoever's king dies 1st loses (Illidan or Magtheridon the Pit Lord). Many heroes like Tyrande the Priestess of the Moon, Furion the keeper of the Grove, Akama joins the war aiding Illidan while Magtheridon is aided by powerful demons.
Lore Type: Hero Lore
Lore Format: Third-person story-telling.
Additional Information: The hero is the Hellfire Batallion. Uses the infernal cannon model. Uses mana as his soul. Fiery Blasts, and very tanky. Serves Magtheridon against Illidan.

Level 10

Modern Life
readytoeat

Informations

Map Type : Modern
Link To Map Thread : Implement this in Feature if map is in 70% of progress. This map is Life of a Peasant . You will start at baby then you're going to wait until you grow up. The main character is the baby and when you grow up you're just going to choose what path you will take the path of bad or the path of good. If the main character died the GAME IS OVER.
Lore Type : Hero Lore
Lore Format : Second Person Story Telling.
Additional Information : NOTHING.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Level 10

Modern Life
readytoeat

Informations

Map Type : Modern
Link To Map Thread : Implement this in Feature if map is in 70% of progress. This map is Life of a Peasant . You will start at baby then you're going to wait until you grow up. The main character is the baby and when you grow up you're just going to choose what path you will take the path of bad or the path of good. If the main character died the GAME IS OVER.
Lore Type : Hero Lore
Lore Format : Second Person Story Telling.
Additional Information : NOTHING.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

I'm taking this one.

Level 3
Hey you guys still taking requests?
This is not a lore for a map, rather I'm writing a novel and need help with the story of a race. If you guys do that kind of thing, take up my request, thanks :D

Map Type: Not really a map, but I suppose it would be Gothic Medieval/Fantasy; Swords and Magic, and not afraid to be macabre :)
Link to Map Thread: None, as mentioned before, this is not for a map.
Lore Type: Racial Lore
Lore Format: First-Person Storytelling
Additional Information: --- WARNING: A bit lengthy ;) ---
It's a bit like a man relating a story about a race called the Jarakkah, a race of 8' foot humanoids with four arms. They are tan-skinned and live in the plains, and are very nomadic but are not at all peaceful, they don't even have a term for peace in their language; Jarakki. They raid nearby human villages in large groups called Jhorak led by a chieftain figure called the Jakhal and use weapons of bone from their prey, rock and metal but never use weapons or equipment found in villages, attacking solely to find supplies and materials. They do not attack other Jarakkah members and most Jhorak try to keep the body count low however there are Jhorak hordes that attack and kill and take more than what they need. They ride animals called Warags, which are mammals that resemble wolves closely but are larger than horses and have a bulky build rather than a slender frame and are frequently mistaken for traditional Dire Wolves. Jarakkah themselves wear masks of their respective clans, usually a skull of some species ornamented with feathers or fur or hide and their rank and skill is denoted by the decorated clan skins along their backs and upper arms, the more substance, the higher the rank.
The story I want is of a man as mentioned before foretelling a story about these fearsome creatures attacking a village, a raid that he witnessed and the horrors he had seen. A kind of introduction for the Jarakkah.

Level 6
Ok updated request.

Map Type: Mordern Warfare
Link to Map Thread: (see at first request)
Other Details:
(see at first request)
Lore Type: Map Lore
Lore Format: Third Person
Additional Information: (see at first request)

Level 3
Heh, thanks xD

"You require additional pyl-" Uh, I mean "Active members" :)
Just wondering if I could join, I am constantly pressured to maintain my literature, why not help out in a Lore Workshop o_O

Last edited:
Level 9
ALRIGHT! ---HELLO EVERYONE---

Nice to see you all again, I'm sorry I haven't been around, nor will I be around for about another month, I am trying to graduate, so I can support my family and get a job... I know lame right? but I kind of need this so I haven't been at hive workshop a lot lately I came back on to tell you guys because I haven't been around in months I feel really bad, I will take a day in about a month or so when I just find everyone's requests and add everyone to the team who asked to join... Planking Wolf has been keeping up with it and for that I love him! I should be back soon thanks again for your patience

Level 3
This looks productive. Are you still taking members? I'll sign up. If you want a sample P.M me and I'll get to it.

Level 29
He probably means:
explaining things out of an person's viewpoint within the story(first person, "I Angrakhar, destroyer of worlds did fart into the air thus collapsed that citadel", "I have gone and slain that silly dragon. huehuehue"),
explaining things out of an narrative view relative to an person within the story, out of another person that happent to be nearby the protagonist(second person, "the raid was hard for all of us, the tank nearly went down and it was almost like my friend Lokthar would be severely dissapoint and could have even left us, if he didnt got the appropriate loot again after this battle. Lucky on me, got a shiny new sword out of this, after learning that there was free dwarven beer for everyone he finally calmed down along the rest and forget a while about that darned stone, as we all hit bottoms for the night.")
explaining things out of an narrative view relative to the action rather than people(third person, "through the sacrifice and actions of Paladin Arius, thus the battle was won for the Humans. Deathknight Evuulzor was beaten for the day, yet not defeated, thus sworn avengeance on his archnemesis returned from the grave, and having gathered a new host of the damned on 126 days after, had begun forced march on... (blahblahblah, continues so)")

Level 8
He probably means:
explaining things out of an person's viewpoint within the story(first person, "I Angrakhar, destroyer of worlds did fart into the air thus collapsed that citadel", "I have gone and slain that silly dragon. huehuehue"),
explaining things out of an narrative view relative to an person within the story, out of another person that happent to be nearby the protagonist(second person, "the raid was hard for all of us, the tank nearly went down and it was almost like my friend Lokthar would be severely dissapoint and could have even left us, if he didnt got the appropriate loot again after this battle. Lucky on me, got a shiny new sword out of this, after learning that there was free dwarven beer for everyone he finally calmed down along the rest and forget a while about that darned stone, as we all hit bottoms for the night.")
explaining things out of an narrative view relative to the action rather than people(third person, "through the sacrifice and actions of Paladin Arius, thus the battle was won for the Humans. Deathknight Evuulzor was beaten for the day, yet not defeated, thus sworn avengeance on his archnemesis returned from the grave, and having gathered a new host of the damned on 126 days after, had begun forced march on... (blahblahblah, continues so)")

Thanks for that, I will request soon.

Level 9
OOf OMG Guess who graduated high school, went to college and came back and finally is taking a year off? THIS GUY! I am SOOO sorry about everyone's requests that went to the wayside, I don't know who is still around and stuff, so I am wiping the slate clean, (I can do that right?) Alright, if you had a request, please request again, if you are still part of the team and active please PM me and let me know. Thanks again guys!

Level 9
Backstory Teller? Like the lore and history of someone or something? or like you only write in flashbacks? I'm sure with the old team scattered a fresh new member would be just what we need :) Do you have like a time of day you are on a lot? or are you consistently active is a better term :)

Also, @love seeker, if you are still around let me know somehow :p

Level 9
There is my buddy, Planking Wolf has been more helpful to this thread than I have, so I made him "My Right Hand" because i'm right handed :grin: Anyway I also give him permission to clear things and projects as well as me welcome back buddy! Alright, back open for business, please request again if you already had one so we know you'd still like it done.

Level 9
YES THIS IS A DOUBLE POST! I'm on page 4 and waited at least 2 weeks I believe a bump is allowed.
---------

I know I have some requests pending but the reason I ask that you re-request is because (like me) people do tend to have unforeseen periods of absence. It happens a lot here as it is a resource site, and not facebook. I can understand that, but I would prefer to not write a story in it's entirety and have the requester not around to use or act on it... I do hope you understand, and as I was gone in the middle of many requests I do feel someone obligated to finish those first, if you do happen to re-request, please let me know and you will be shuffled to the top of the list.

If you are a new request, please check out our format and we will get it done ASAP! Thanks everyone, I look forward to helping the Workshop once more!

Status
Not open for further replies.