• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Model Workshop

Level 11
Can you elaborate?

When I transfer animations, it says the model has the animation, but when I check it out in warcraft 3 viewer and go to the animation, there is nothing animated. The name shows up, but nothing is there.
When you open the program go to File -> Simple Import

Simple Import is grayed out, I think the problem has to do with the model converting to .mdl, because it is not showing up when I import it.

Level 21
When I transfer animations, it says the model has the animation, but when I check it out in warcraft 3 viewer and go to the animation, there is nothing animated. The name shows up, but nothing is there.
Models should have same bone names and similar 'anatomy'.
Simple Import is grayed out
Don't download it from the first post. You should download the version from this post or the latest unreleased version that Retera sent me (I attached it below).
I think the problem has to do with the model converting to .mdl, because it is not showing up when I import it.
You need to convert the model back to .mdx before importing it.

Attachments

• MatrixEaterV1.20PreRelease.zip
    14.5 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Level 11
Models should have same bone names and similar 'anatomy'.

Don't download it from the first post. You should download the version from this post or the latest unreleased version that Retera sent me (I attached it below).

You need to convert the model back to .mdx before importing it.
Ok, I actually managed to transfer an animation with the new version you sent me. However, I cannot seem to transfer more than one 'single animation'. I do not want to transfer every animation, just a select few. If this bug cannot be fixed then that's fine, it already saved me a few hours of work just by transferring one animation.

Level 27
Maybe I should make a tutorial for the Matrix eater, apart of the most ethereal transfers like copy parts of animations from things like Pitlord in a human, only with some screenshots you're good to go.

Give me 30 minutes i'm going to take some screens for you.

Edit.

Ok first on File -> Import -> From file and you have a window like in 1, that is the mesh window, press leave all.

The second window animation allows you to select animations, you can import all, import one, or import the necesary to your needs, select or leave as your wish. Also you can rename, resize the duration, and reverse the animation.

Third window is the boneset. You can, import the bones, transfer the information from the skeleton to your model.

Import motion into pre existing is the option for this.

The other two use leave all options, and finish, save, change to mdx and import.

Attachments

• ControledTransfer1.png
    ControledTransfer1.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 122
  • ControledTransfer2.png
    ControledTransfer2.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 94
  • ControledTransfer3.png
    ControledTransfer3.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Level 21
Level 11
Repeat the process and transfer animations one by one.

Retera already made a tutorial series on youtube.
I did but I am getting a JAVA error. I managed to import 2/3 of the animations I wanted thanks to Himperion.

I am trying to transfer an animation from a model that I transferred an animation to. However, it gives me a long error.

Attachments

• ErrorAnimTransfer.png
    ErrorAnimTransfer.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 130
Level 27
Sometimes ribbon and particle emitters cause the model to crash. Or Animations with 60 seconds like, decay flesh, and decay bone.

Three options:

A: Delete particle emitters and ribbons, re-import them from a clean version of the model when everything is reade to put in a map.
B: Using mdlvis, save the model in mdx format. Delete the crashing mdl model, and open the mdx version and save it in mdl format.
C: Use a clean model and repeat again, sometimes take longer but this works 100%.

For decay bone and flesh crashes:

Be sure of making these two animations the last ones in the model to be imported.

Level 8
REQUEST
For the next Version of WIP: Reborn it would be really nice to have that syringe-hook thing from grobbulus as an attachment for the unit representing him. If someone finds time, here is a picture and the rip as an orientation.

Attachments

• 46967-grobbulus.jpg
    46967-grobbulus.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 140
  • FleshGiant.rar
    1 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Level 11
Sometimes ribbon and particle emitters cause the model to crash. Or Animations with 60 seconds like, decay flesh, and decay bone.

Three options:

A: Delete particle emitters and ribbons, re-import them from a clean version of the model when everything is reade to put in a map.
B: Using mdlvis, save the model in mdx format. Delete the crashing mdl model, and open the mdx version and save it in mdl format.
C: Use a clean model and repeat again, sometimes take longer but this works 100%.

For decay bone and flesh crashes:

Be sure of making these two animations the last ones in the model to be imported.

I managed to do steps B and C on my own, but I did not read this before hand. Step A sounds difficult to me as I am not a modeler. I just went ahead and made the animation again on the other models I needed it on. Thank you for your time.

Level 10
hiveworkshop good people have a request anyone can edit these models to have the animation portrait incorporates these and also the error gun dwarf model

Master Medivh

sin-t%C3%ADtulo-png.250820

Attachments

• AllianceFootman.mdx
    104.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DwaftCrossbow.mdx
    77.4 KB · Views: 104
  • TheCaptain.mdx
    103.5 KB · Views: 103
Level 8
Hello, everyone. If the thread is still alive, I have some easy request for you. Because the lack of time, I not able to do this, properly. Will you recolor any orc-model to me? Like that model -> FelgruntBlue
You can recolor any model you want or find, or you have. Just post here or send it to me... :) (I will give credits and write permission messages if needed) Thank you!

Level 8
Hello, everyone. If the thread is still alive, I have some easy request for you. Because the lack of time, I not able to do this, properly. Will you recolor any orc-model to me? Like that model -> FelgruntBlue
You can recolor any model you want or find, or you have. Just post here or send it to me... :) (I will give credits and write permission messages if needed) Thank you!

1. Download and install the free photoshop trial
2. Search your skins using wc3 model editor and convert them to bmp using wc3 viewer
3. Open bmp in photoshop
4. select all green skin areas using the free select tool
5. next to Brightness / Contrast there also is a window for colours. Change green to blue
6. save as bmp
7. use wc3 viewer to convert it back to .blp
8. import it into your map :)

If someone is still active in this thread, I'm quoting my own request. No modeling needed, I posted the model on the last page but I dont know how do remove the bits around it and add a node for attachments :)

REQUEST
For the next Version of WIP: Reborn it would be really nice to have that syringe-hook thing from grobbulus as an attachment for the unit representing him. If someone finds time, here is a picture and the rip as an orientation.

Level 5
Hey erm if this thread is active still, can someone help me remove both the shield and sword from the Skeleton Warrior model and add the "molotov cocktail" the troll batrider uses to the weapon hand. Thanks, I appreciate it a lot!

Level 9
Could i have the following?

1.Militia without his shield

2.The Marine armor attached on..(The chest armor and his shoulderpads of the Wc3 marine)
-A Lost One Dranei
-The Captain/Swordman
-Orc Grunt
-on Ice Troll
-Ice Troll Priest
-On Elf Priest

I made the ear jaina to go in about two or three minutes, you can make it a meal for an additional $2 and it will come with fries

all i did was click the jaina button in the matrix eater, and the syvlanas button in the matrix eater, and select the ears, and bring them from one model to the other

Attachments

• EarJainaB.mdx
    153.5 KB · Views: 98

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I made the ear jaina to go in about two or three minutes, you can make it a meal for an additional $2 and it will come with fries

all i did was click the jaina button in the matrix eater, and the syvlanas button in the matrix eater, and select the ears, and bring them from one model to the other
Wait, is geomerging seriously that easy with the Matrix Eater??

Level 29
Hi.

I wouls be interested in a lich's model with red eyes.
It is the regular lich model but with red eyes instead of blue.
Thanks.

Level 29
LISBOAH, I can do that for you, it would only take about 5 minutes. I wanted to ask, if instead would you want a simple "red eye glow" attachment instead ? I can do that in 40 minutos for now, it's when I get home from work!

Thanks!

No, I was interested in a regular lich model with red eyes instead of blue, not an attachment.

Level 29
yeah, wuz going to edit it later. anyways I'll get home soon, it's really easy what you asked!

All right, considering that the eye glow only shows on portrait here it is. I assume that's what you needed!

Works perfectly!
Thank you very much!:thumbs_up: